Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799810 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8895 on: February 01, 2013, 04:47:46 pm »

hmmmm... now that we don't have autohotkey, how are we supposed to jump up and down 10 z-levels at once? i really do like having the LNP keybindings included by default, but this one i'm not so sure about! any advice appreciated -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: February 01, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »

Kind of like a werewolf... but it transforms into a tapir instead of wolf.

It's pretty much a wolf. Like the same thing, really.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

b22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: February 01, 2013, 05:08:54 pm »

my dwarf transformed into one, do I need to put him down or is it a good thing?

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: February 01, 2013, 05:30:04 pm »

Well, on the one hand, he's got a thing going where he'll wreak havok on full moons if you don't seperate him from other dwarves (and he'll probably gleefully spread the disease). On the other, if you get besieged during said moons and he happens to be locked outside, you have a giant angry tapir eating goblins, and that's always fun.

It depends on your willingness to put up with dwarves that become incredibly dangerous to every nearby living thing once a month.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: February 01, 2013, 05:44:41 pm »

Report-in - training system is very difficult to handle and uttery unrealistic in relation to military training (kinda stupid to say in the DF, but anyway). Production ladder is too long and sometimes bugs (for example, right now scriptorium don't want to write any tomes - he says I don't have military essay, but I have around 50 or so in stockpile).
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

b22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: February 01, 2013, 06:14:22 pm »

Well, on the one hand, he's got a thing going where he'll wreak havok on full moons if you don't seperate him from other dwarves (and he'll probably gleefully spread the disease). On the other, if you get besieged during said moons and he happens to be locked outside, you have a giant angry tapir eating goblins, and that's always fun.

It depends on your willingness to put up with dwarves that become incredibly dangerous to every nearby living thing once a month.
I can't take the chance of loosing any more. I wish I could sacrifice him amork(or whatever), but I am still far from getting there, so he is going to charge out and die in glory.

This is my first playthough with this mod, so I want to try everything in it(+minecarts) so I had to adapt my standard layout + the terrain was crap and so far it seem to turn into the worst designed castle I have ever built. Plus my corps didn't yield as much as I thought they will, I am getting harassed all the time (usually saved by traps/caravn guards) and in the last 6 migration waves I got only 2 immigrants!  For the first time in some time it is actual challenge and I am loving it :)

Engineerj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: February 01, 2013, 11:06:17 pm »

ok, I have a problem with the settings.exe on masterwork v 2f.  I reinstalled with a vanilla copy of windows XP, installed java, microsoft C++ redist 2012, .net 1.1 and .net 4.0. But the settings.exe pops up with "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"  it has .net framework initization error in the title bar of the pop up.  Am I missing something? Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:10:53 pm by Engineerj »

Engineerj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: February 02, 2013, 12:23:29 am »

Nvm,I needed .net 3.5, now it works

b22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: February 02, 2013, 01:00:22 am »

In the process of moving my temporary setup deeper underground, I deconstructed a trade depot, in favor of my new one(already complete). The problem was that my old one was occupied by merchant at that time, since I finished my business with him, I thought he'll get the hint, when I put the closed sign. However, I just noticed that he left ALL of his stuff behind, I mean really quality stuff, at least 50k worth! 

So... did I just encountered a bug or made a huge mistake, which would count as robing him blind and will put his civ on my bad side?

EDIT: I am being attacked by a vile force of evil, I highly doubt this a coincidence...  My contraptions never meant to replace a military and considering that at this point I still have 19 dwarfs, I am going to wall myself in.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:12:18 am by b22 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:57 am »

That's not a masterwork thing, it's vanilla. And it doesn't instantly make them at war with you, but it does make them like you less.

b22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: February 02, 2013, 02:28:14 am »

In away it is.  I get so many caravans, that my depot is rarely is out of use, also luckily for me the two sieges since, were underground ones... so no raping and pillaging of my fortress :)

Now I only need several more rattle snakes for one of my exotic traps and I would really like to get that dragon pet from the drow :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:32:24 am by b22 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: February 02, 2013, 03:53:49 am »

Hey, how do you make golems parts of squads like it says in the manual?

Asking again.

b22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: February 02, 2013, 04:22:18 am »

2. In what category in the trading menu concubines are located?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: February 02, 2013, 04:53:06 am »

Haven't been keeping up with the thread so not sure if Meph is around but is it possible to update the changelog on the dffd/dropbox page? At the moment it just goes up to v2b so it would be nice to see the changes up to 2f without raking through this thread. Thanks.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: February 02, 2013, 10:41:08 am »

Hey, how do you make golems parts of squads like it says in the manual?

According to Meph, use the Nobles screen first to make a commander, rather than the military screen.  This is a fairly old post though so I'm not 100% sure.  Hope it helps.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg3301640;topicseen#msg3301640

2. In what category in the trading menu concubines are located?

Must be pets, right?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:42:51 am by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 749