Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796647 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9705 on: March 07, 2013, 02:41:17 am »

I actually don't bin gems either, if you put a gemcutting task on repeat the dwarfs will take the whole bin to the workshop to cut one gem, then cancel the task after the first gem because the bin is not in the stockpile, it is a vanilla problem as far as I know, I fix it by either not stockpiling gems, or making a big gem stockpile with no bins in it.

If you enable the workflow plugin, it will protect those jobs on Repeat from being cancelled by the game. I keep all my gems in bins and have no issues with them being used.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9706 on: March 07, 2013, 03:33:06 am »

Yeah but then you have to deal with all the jobs that you expect to end normally when the mats run out being protected too :/
(I understand that Workflow is great in principle, but i'm not used to it, so it is strange and disorienting ;) )
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:34:43 am by smakemupagus »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: March 07, 2013, 04:00:35 am »

That's why you set constraints to keep production from going overboard :)
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: March 07, 2013, 04:17:33 am »

Changelog update pretty please with a cherry on top?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9709 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:38 am »

Changelog update pretty please with a cherry on top?

What do you mean? All changelogs can be accessed from the fronpage.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: March 07, 2013, 06:42:08 am »

One of the things that I've been really curious about is the artifact weapons, however I've never had a moody weaponsmith create one. Have they been taken out?

Also regarding artifact weapons I was curious as to whether they can be improved at the runesmith. Looking at the raws I'd guess that they can't, but as the reagent is preserved would it not be possible? Or have you tried this already Meph? With the weaponry and the potential to have a ridiculous amount of ruins and poison coatings on a weapon I don't think I'd even bother with artifact weapons any more. Also, with the armoury upgrades, is it even worth getting moody armoursmiths? I'd guess not but I really don't want to spoil things for myself by looking at the raws.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so the weaponry has really spoiled my game. 15% chance to get a legendary weapon and then it's not even guaranteed to be masterwork! Gah. But I love it all the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9711 on: March 07, 2013, 07:00:42 am »

Legendary weapons and armors are still in, of course. It depends on your skill and luck. Train each dwarf 1 lvl as weaponsmith, and suddenly most moods make weapons.

And YES, legendary weapons can be poison-coated and rune-enchanted, no problem. The weaponry/armory... not such a great idea.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: March 07, 2013, 07:25:02 am »

Hm i have problems with the fishpond, or my dwarf's are too lazy. They dont haul the fishy's away, i have the fishery and a lot of hauler's but they dont move the fishy's. Have anyone the same problem or are my dwarf's only lazy? ._.

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: March 07, 2013, 07:34:30 am »

Hehe I figured as much with the weaponry and armory. But I'm very pleased to hear about the artifact improvements! I really didn't think it would be possible. Of course, if it wasn't a dwarven weapon then you wouldn't be able to forge runes on it. I guess there's no way around that though. EDIT: Ignore that last bit. I'm an idiot.

I'm more into aesthetics and perfection than the survival side so I'm trying to get my bearings with your mod before starting a fortress proper. Every time I do I get frustrated because I misunderstood something or simply didn't know how it worked and end up restarting my fortress... Which is getting tiresome. Either way, after doing some reading and maths, I've found the chance of getting a masterwork legendary weapon is about 4.5% with a legendary +5 weaponsmith. If superior weapons can be thrown in to the weapony with a greater chance of producing legendary that would be great, but of course there's the problem in that you would be magically making yet more duplicates. And melting down the "failures" is also a problem as losing 30 masterwork superior battle axes would greatly upset your weaponsmith I imagine.

Now, my experimentation so far has been limited to weapons I've embarked with to test. So what I'm wondering is whether the quality level of the weapons you're upgrading makes a difference? Is it even possible to mod it so that it is?

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: March 07, 2013, 07:35:02 am »

Is fishing enabled?  :P

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: March 07, 2013, 07:43:13 am »

fish cleaning and fish dissection yes and i have 2 seperate dwarfs for it 1 for the cleaning and 1 for the fishing in the pond. :P
But the biggest problem i have with that, the fishy's even dont get stockpiled. :'(

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: March 07, 2013, 07:57:26 am »

This is going to probably be a dumb question, but what is responsible for sifting through kobold goody bags? I got a bunch sitting by my front door and would like to see what cave-santa gave me for being a good little dwarfling. I didn't see anything in the manual about it unless I missed it when I gave it a look.
You need the Research Lab, if that's the correct name (don't have the game on this comp). It's the same one that you can use platinum essences in to gain legendary skills, that part is mentioned in the manual.

Generally heavier metals are better for blunt weapons like maces and hammers so check the manual again, you can see all metals sorted by weight. I would guess you are better off using steel or even better wolfram/patterned wolfram, I always seem to find loads of wolfram and never have that much use for it other than shields. But I could be being dumb about that!

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9717 on: March 07, 2013, 07:57:50 am »

fish cleaning and fish dissection yes and i have 2 seperate dwarfs for it 1 for the cleaning and 1 for the fishing in the pond. :P
But the biggest problem i have with that, the fishy's even dont get stockpiled. :'(

Watch out that sometimes fish from fishponds is considered vermin, I had the same problem ...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9718 on: March 07, 2013, 08:07:06 am »

The fish-pond fish is a bit strange because of the reaction syntax. I cant declare a creature caste and dwarves dont stockpile it, because... "insert arcane modding knowledge here". After the fish has been processed its stockpiled normally. Just build your fishery next to the fishpond, you have to prepare the fish anyway.

So what I'm wondering is whether the quality level of the weapons you're upgrading makes a difference? Is it even possible to mod it so that it is?
Nope. Impossible. Quality modifiers cant be addressed by modding.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: March 07, 2013, 08:40:27 am »

Trading one bin of gems, with one dwarf carrying it, or trading 10 gems, with ten dwarves carrying it is a huge difference. Same with the prepared meals. Both, gem-encrusted things and meals are probably the highest-value tradegoods.

Quantum stockpiles: Open the manual, see tips&tricks. Just read all 25 of them, since you say you are new. ;) I know I put quantum stockpiling in there.

Explanatory mining: Press CTRL+L ingame, and you probably see a menu you have never seen before. Select the think looking like "mining", place the mining curses, and press "CTRL+P". I dare you. And I am not against digv or anything, but I played DF before dfhack came "preinstalled and opened when you open DF". ;)

Magma: Blood of Armok + Alchemist. OR just build a magmatanker and tracks from the magmafurnace up to the surface. And I dont think your magmapit was 100 zlvls down, but I did not look that closely.

What about ranged dwarves? Possibly using dynamite ammo. Or Javelinethrowers with broadhead ammo.

Coins from relics... good point. Touche. Melt them down. ;)

I also have very few military industry moods. Thei're 90% wood&bone crafts :(

Well I will study quantum stockpiles, and macros. Thank you.
Yes I already readed 25 tip&tricks but some of them was to hard to understand in the beginning.

I still have to find Blood of Armok :(

I have an incredible lack of ranged dwarves, 75% of my military is melee. I should force them to be ranged ?
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 749