Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796601 times)

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9735 on: March 07, 2013, 11:14:17 pm »

Whats the value of your fort? If its too low they wont come. Also your settlements location is important, in a glacier for instance you may not get sieges at all

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: March 08, 2013, 01:08:51 am »

Last time I checked it was only updated to 2b... It's 2g now, right? Sorry if I'am mistaken.

I think Meph is pointing you near the very top of the post, just under the win/mac/linux download links and above the orc & kobold links.  If you're still following a link somewhere to the old dropbox patch notes, I dunno, those may or may not be out of date.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: March 08, 2013, 02:36:18 am »

Gems into food stockpile sounds... wrong.

• Well when I build structures (floors walls etc) I can make them of golem earths, all plans and blueprints, gargoule statue, grimoire of death and tome of life, etc). Is this ok ?
    If it is, will the wall have the value multiplied by item value? (I could definitely rebuild my Count room with unused blueprints).
  • Also, searching to equip my best squad with bifrost weapons, I found both "frost giant" and "bifrost" type, wich I should select ?
    I saw also "tears/blood of amrok" is that even possible ?
  • Also, encrusting weapons&armors with gem give them benefits?
  • I captured a beer man, can I brew him? hahahha
1) As well as from soap. It's a feature  :P. The wall will have the value multiplied by item value, but you won't be able to engrave it.
2) Odd enough, for me stockpiles nor assignment never worked for volcanic or bifrost. I used specific weapon.
3) Except for raising price, no.
4) Most probably no. It's not butcherable, and it drops glob of bear on death

Ray Digrus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: March 08, 2013, 04:34:20 am »

Is it possible to block feature that raises every corpse in evil biomes? When the game has been started already? I just wanted to build another fortress with some zombies around, but what I get is a bit... frustrating? 200 zombies on surface, the same amount in caverns. As I have only 6 dwarves, raising the fortress from underground to surface or at least into caverns is almost impossible.

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: March 08, 2013, 04:45:32 am »

Is it possible to block feature that raises every corpse in evil biomes? When the game has been started already? I just wanted to build another fortress with some zombies around, but what I get is a bit... frustrating? 200 zombies on surface, the same amount in caverns. As I have only 6 dwarves, raising the fortress from underground to surface or at least into caverns is almost impossible.
Nope, well not that I've heard. Evil biomes are supposed to be like that, sounds like you got a particularly nasty one however. If you intend to stay there I recommend reading the wikipage on evil biomes, there plenty of tips for zombie survival.

Ray Digrus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: March 08, 2013, 04:48:58 am »

Nope, well not that I've heard. Evil biomes are supposed to be like that, sounds like you got a particularly nasty one however. If you intend to stay there I recommend reading the wikipage on evil biomes, there plenty of tips for zombie survival.

Thank you for answering, but I think I'll abandon this fort. I can survive there, it's not that hard. But constant re-raising is frustrating just by fact that there will be only more zombies, so soon or later my FPS'll drop down dramatically.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9741 on: March 08, 2013, 07:13:50 am »

A question about goblin men... Sometimes they wander near my fortress, get targeted by the hunter, and end up getting butchered and turned into goblin cakes. Is this normal? I don't think I can eat regular goblin invaders can I?

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: March 08, 2013, 08:28:27 am »

Meph, i just found out, that most of your reactions require COAL:COKE as reagent instead of COAL:NO_MATGLOSS is this intended?
i don't think so, as it makes vanilla charcoal a lot less usefull
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:30 am »

Gems into food stockpile sounds... wrong.

• Well when I build structures (floors walls etc) I can make them of golem earths, all plans and blueprints, gargoule statue, grimoire of death and tome of life, etc). Is this ok ?
    If it is, will the wall have the value multiplied by item value? (I could definitely rebuild my Count room with unused blueprints).
  • Also, searching to equip my best squad with bifrost weapons, I found both "frost giant" and "bifrost" type, wich I should select ?
    I saw also "tears/blood of amrok" is that even possible ?
  • Also, encrusting weapons&armors with gem give them benefits?
  • I captured a beer man, can I brew him? hahahha
1) As well as from soap. It's a feature  :P. The wall will have the value multiplied by item value, but you won't be able to engrave it.
2) Odd enough, for me stockpiles nor assignment never worked for volcanic or bifrost. I used specific weapon.
3) Except for raising price, no.
4) Most probably no. It's not butcherable, and it drops glob of bear on death

Thank you very much for the answers.

I must report you that assignment of bifrost weapons went good.

I produced my first 10 bifrost weapons, then I made+assigned an uniform of complete steell armor and "bifrost individual choice melee"
to a certain "elite group" of melee veterans I have.

There was 2 macedwarves, 2 sworddwarfes, 2 speardwarves, 1 hammerer and 2 wrestlers.
I made 2 mauls, 2 Zweihander, 1 Meteor Hammer 2 Knuckle Dusters
And everyone got the right weapon, except a wrestler preferring-stealing a mace, so I made an extra Maul.

Probably I was lucky ?

p.s. not all weapons was well crafted, so probably some masterwork stell/mithril weapons I had was better than those.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:47:28 am by Nokao »

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: March 08, 2013, 12:06:19 pm »

Question: My current fort is in a good biome that resurrects fallen dwarves. This is understandably useful. (And awesome.) However, resurrected citizens appear to be a part of my fort, but lose membership. E.g. "She is a former member of the Galleys of Fierceness. She is a former member of the Constructs of Paddles." This means that, while such a dwarf can continue normal tasks and even join the military, they can no longer hold any position of rank, such as military commander, captain, mayor, and so on. This means there is a slowly dwindling pool of eligible dwarves for leadership, which is especially problematic for forming new squads and keeping them staffed with leaders. Is there a way around this?

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: March 08, 2013, 12:27:35 pm »

Probably I was lucky ?
No way to figure, in most cases I restart before getting bifrost|volcanic  ::) (center of my attention is architecture and weird planning).
The last time I got those was on 2f.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: March 08, 2013, 12:30:41 pm »

It just seemed easy to me, to use it as a placeholder. Also had an idea to produce armour through combination of rigid chitin, lamellar leather, rigid scale, rigid shell and bloodsteel at the andient foundry.
Do you know the bonemolded runerobe & mail at the Tribal Warcrafter?  it is not exactly the same but kind of up the alley you are going there I think.
<...>
If you have the ancient foundry, then bloodsteel->orichalcum.
I was thinking more cbone-platemail for sorcerer-warriors.

@Gamerlord I just wanted to say I like the idea and would probably do it if I could think of a implementation that wasn't redundant with stuff we already have.  For example my default kit for mage-warriors is heavy chitin/shellplate with an overcoat of bloodsteel mail and runerobe (or orichalcum, if available).  It is hits all the key points of lightweight, good protection, and made from renewable organic materials* ;) 

If you have specific ideas for what other PRODUCT item and materials would be I'm interested -- were you thinking a way to make ironbone/bloodsteel platemail? -- I like that it fills a different niche, but it's too high tech for Tribal Warcrafter and mostly obsolete if you already have Ancient foundry.  ??? Anyway If I post again on this I'll do it in the orc thread to avoid crossposting. 

*elves
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:34:18 pm by smakemupagus »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:31 pm »

For developers: this is the error :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have sapphires, and gunsmith plans / magma gunsmith plans in a food only stockpile.
Well, for the sapphires I did think about Genies ... but for the other staff.. I think I bought it from caravans.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: March 08, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »

The error is barrels ^^

Large gems don't stockpile, it's a Toady bug.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4430
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:51:02 pm by smakemupagus »

kragnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • !!noble!! is the most noble of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: March 08, 2013, 01:16:07 pm »

Love this mod.  I'd have to say my favorite part is the advanced buildings, like the place where you can turn non-economic stone into anvils, and even entire furniture sets.

The furniture set thing has saved me alot of micromanagement headaches as a newb.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 749