Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: A Halo RTD: Mission One {8|8}  (Read 7919 times)

blazing glory

Re: A Halo RTD: Mission One {8|8}
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2014, 05:22:25 pm »

Wait for complete darkness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:20 pm »

"I volunteer for the stealth team. Didn't buy this camo for nothing."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »

"If that's the case, then I'll be with the main group then."

blazing glory

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

I don't see why all three of us can't go,one of us will just have to follow slightly behind.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 06:03:07 pm »

"If you say so. Then Knives, once shooting starts and we're out in the field, cloak up and go disable the Jammer while the me and Starn will cover you. Is that fine with you guys?"

blazing glory

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2014, 06:04:07 pm »

Yes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2014, 06:12:38 pm »

"How about we do some recon before we decide on a plan? We don't even know the kind of forces they have. The ones running distraction could be taken out by Jackal snipers within seconds. My DMR has a decent scope. Why don't I go through that tunnel and scope it out, then cone back."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2014, 06:22:20 pm »

"Good idea. Go for it but be careful."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:29:27 pm by Crimson »

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
  • Better known as Roland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2014, 07:15:42 pm »

So, whilst I've always approved of good communication in a team... actions are pretty important too.

blazing glory

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2014, 07:18:48 pm »

Wait for it to get darker and accompany Jase.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:47 pm »

Wait for it to get a bit darker, then go through the side tunnel and scout out the Covenant position with my DMR scope from just inside the tunnel mouth.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2014, 07:32:02 pm »

Wait for darkness then wait again for the results of the scouting.

RLD 0205-4

• Bay Watcher
  • Better known as Roland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2014, 10:59:36 pm »

Jason Caldwell
Wait for it to get a bit darker, then go through the side tunnel and scout out the Covenant position with my DMR scope from just inside the tunnel mouth.
You and the other Spartans wait around in the large cave for the cover of night. Once it is sufficiently dark outside, you creep forwards, and down the larger tunnel, making as little noise as possible. You make it to the mouth of the tunnel with no complications and use the scope of your rifle to scout out the research base. There are jackal snipers on top of all the labs that hold the jammers as well as on top of the main base itself. It appears as though they are taking two-men(?) watches. The lab nearest your position has an elite doing a patrol, looking for intruders. ((How detection works: each species has a number they have to roll on a d10 in order to spot you. This number changes from night to day.)) {elite:dark:8 [3 - 1 for distance +1 for scouting = 3]} The elite has no idea you are there and continues on his patrol. After you are confident you know the positions of all the Covenant in sight, you retreat back up the tunnel, as quietly as you came.

Starn Gundar
Wait for it to get darker and accompany Jase.
Once night falls, you follow Spartan Caldwell down the tunnel, keeping your gun at the ready. At the bottom, the two of you stop for some time, before Caldwell motions at you to back up. You retreat back up the tunnel swiftly and silently.

Charles Milton
Wait for darkness then wait again for the results of the scouting.
You sit down against the cave wall and begin a field-strip of your weapon as Spartans Caldwell and Gundar sneak down the tunnel to survey the enemy troops. They are gone for long enough that you manage to disassemble and reassemble your Battle Rifle before the two Spartans come back up the tunnel. They inform that there are Jackals on top of every building, and an elite doing patrols around the base perimeter.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:08:09 pm by RLD 0205-4 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2014, 11:20:42 pm »

((So I guess looking from the larger tunnel instead of going through the side tunnel gets us more intel?))

"Looks like they have Jackal overwatch, which makes this a hell of a lot harder. Those Jackals have damn good eyesight, and I'm not sure if low light affects that. There's also an Elite patrolling near the closest lab. Maybe a few of you could cloak and try to ambush the Jackals on the jammer closest to where that side tunnel opens up, or somebody could cloak and take out that Elite while two of us take out the rooftop Jackals with our rifles. Don't know if the gunshots would alert them, though. Or we could try both options, using the attack on the closest jammer to draw the attention of the Jackals on the jammer nearest the side tunnel."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:25:09 pm by Beirus »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:45 am »

"I suggest that we use the assault team to draw their attention away from the side tunnel. That's when the stealth team would use that time to sneak close then bring them down."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7