Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 283852 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Turn 70
« Reply #1800 on: September 14, 2016, 10:30:56 pm »

Sheet accepted !

((what's the word on sharpened bones? Do I have to wait a level?))
((Let's wait for the next level ! In the meantime, a note about what being an Undead roughly entails :
-your body is filled with "Unlife energy". Harmful to living beings in high quantities, it can heal undead beings if done right.
-any form of Healing magic/power will damage you instead.))
-any form of m <- I have no idea what happened
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:03:44 pm by Nakéen »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: September 14, 2016, 10:46:08 pm »

Sheet accepted !

((Let's wait for the next level ! In the meantime, a note about what being an Undead roughly entails :
-your body is filled with "Unlife energy". Harmful to living beings in high quantities, it can heal undead beings if done right.
-any form of m
*is patiently waiting for the finished version*
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: September 14, 2016, 10:51:00 pm »

Sheet accepted !

-any form of m
*is patiently waiting for the next RotMK turn*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: September 14, 2016, 11:04:04 pm »

Sheet accepted !

-any form of m
Turns out it was the finished one :P

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: September 14, 2016, 11:05:02 pm »

*is patiently waiting for the next RotMK turn*
Keep waitin'. I will get it done later tonight, got stuff to take care of.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:08:25 pm by Nakéen »
« Reply #1805 on: September 15, 2016, 06:52:14 am »

Go back to attempt to activate a construct

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 16, 2016, 01:53:35 am »

Turn 70.06

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ullas reflected her devilish smile with his own:

"Such a difficult choice, eh? I'm more inclined to murdering humans, though. We should revise our strategy and make sure no deadly surprises happen, but otherwise we should be fine. Not many humans are that outstanding and I have yet to meet one able to fly after us."

He thought for a moment before suggesting:

"Say, Astrosa, how far your next transformation feels? I'd probably reach one by killing another outstanding human or around ten of meager power. If your transformation is close, we should concentrate on reaching it, to restore your injures as well. Otherwise, it would be wiser to concentrate on mine, so that I'd be able to cover us both sooner. And reach more memories about our past, as well. Somehow, knowing the past feels more and more important to me now..."

Carefully depart the forest and scout surrounding territory. We need to find a small encampment or village distanced from other settlements.

"Since I killed this priestess, I have been feeling rather close to my next stage. Someone else of her power would be more than enough."

She reminded you that mere humans couldn't satisfy her anymore. She had grew too strong, and she didn't feel her essence growing when she absorbed too weak ones.
"You should soon encounter the same problem as I."

"Let's go kill some humans !~" she said before departing, with an upbeat voice.

The sun was still high in the sky and the sky was cleared, flying in plain sky was too risky. As such, you could only fly close to the ground or walk.

[3] Being unable to take off to high grounds made it hard to get a good grasp of the surroundings. You scoured the land for hours, carefully avoiding human roads and wide open areas.
Eventually after an intensive search, you found what looked like an isolated village ripe for some murdering. It was located in a small vale, and no big settlement were in its immediate vicinity.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
Roeway will explore the forest looking for more of the creatures that the demons were killing as well as his pack. An enemy of my enemy may be useful

[5] No longer tracked by the demons, you decided to set off for some exploration. After a hour of wandering randomly in the forest, you arrived in a small clearing with a dozen corpses of the wood monsters who you saw fighting with demons.

There was nothing interesting there. Just sniffing the corpses so that you would remember their smell, you left once more.

With this smell in your mind, you could sense you were heading in the right direction. Then, after some more walking, you noticed four of these humanoids made of wood and vines running toward what seemed the West.

Neutral :
-3 Sylvarians (running)

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy the Polyslime
Squelchy indeed sacrifices the afflicted part of his body, liquefying it and building up the membrane again underneath. He shoves the other slime away, into the brush, and holds the attention of the predators just a little while longer; granting the slime a chance to escape. He pounces around furiously, making himeelf a difficult target.

Just realized; would using Flash heal me, with my other trait? The whole healing dealio. Because Flash stores sunlight; the other trait needs sunlight.
Just curious, of course. No reason for me to hold the answer is yes.

[3] Autotomy was one the primary survival mechanisms of a slime. Liquefying your compromised as fast as possible, you detached it from your body.
Just in time, the Omniphage launched another tendril toward you right as you jumped backward.

You analyzed the surroundings. You intended to shove the slime somewhere a bit safer, but you realized you were completely cornered. The 3 large ooze in front of you and a wide tree trunk just behind you.

It wouldn't fetter you.

[5] Pouncing back and forth, left and right and with disconcerting movements, you grabbed all the attention of the Omniphages. Seeing you move so much and unpredictably angered some of the hostile monsters while another seemed amused.

You could feel from their nasty bubbling and from the pheromones you could understand that one mocked you while the others wanted you dead right now.

The two angered ones moved forward, sending a volley of tendrils toward you. But with deft leaps, you dodged them, opening a wide escape route for you and the slime.

Tentacled Slime: [2]
Omniphage: [2]
The tentacled slime didn't waste a second and darted through the passage ! But the Omniphage who wasn't attacking you saw that coming, and spat a glob of dangerous ooze toward the slime.
Fortunately it missed its mark !

Enemies :
- 3 Caustic Omniphages

Ally :
- 1 light green tentacled slime

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
Uh, refuse? it probably wants something like my soul or body, also dont want to become an undead or god puppet

((i rested so i should have healed, right? or i need some kind of magical shaman to put my guts back in the right place?)) ((also my character hates fire, his backstory is that he is from a clan of frost giants, like jotuns, frost ettins and hyperborean giants, but he didnt had ice powers and was exiled))

((I don't remember this backstory, did you post it or did you intend to unveil sometime ?))

"Foolish. Your life will be short in these cursed lands..."

The White Flame vanished, and you realized time seemed to be frozen while you spoke to it.

Roll to choose, Minotaur: [6] [Yes]
A white fire enveloped the sleeping Minotaur and the space where his missing arm should be. Spurning wildly, the flames then vanished, revealing a brand new arm.
A mark appeared on the Minotaur's new arm and on his torso.

He opened his eyes. For a moment you saw a chalk glint in his eyes.

You looked at your wound. A very thin layer of cicatrized skin had formed, preventing your guts from spilling anymore. You didn't feel your vital energy leaving your body anymore, but you still felt incredibly weak. +1HP

The Minotaur looked in awe at his new arm. Then he spoke to you :
"You saw it too right ? Your wound... I guess you refused."

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
((Suain Fuilsgiath. That's Irish, right? Sleeping protector of blood? Slumbering blood wing/shield? Or something along these lines? If it's Gaelic - 'latent blood shield' or something like that. I kinda like it.))

"I am Caedan. Caedan Suain Fuilsgiath. Stand down."

Hope I didn't pull any shenanigans in the past that would put me on their shitlist.

[3] The Guardians stopped, hesitating.
"CAEDAN SUAIN FUILSGIATH..."

As they were still in a hostile stance, you stayed on your guard for any event. After some silent deliberation, they maintained their stances and added :
"YOU WERE MARKED AS AFFECTED BY THE DEGENERATION. FURTHERMORE YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE DOESN'T MATCH THE ONE STORED IN THE DATABASE... DON'T MOVE, THE ONE EYED GUARDIAN WILL ANALYZE YOUR SOUL."

One of the Levemite Sentinels moved forward, standing above you. It had the appearance of a headless humanoid with four arms, and a large closed eye floated magically above the base of its non-existent neck.

The eye opened, revealing a magical eye-shaped device with intricate and extremely complex symbols and patterns.
"SENTINELS. ITS SOUL IDENTITY MATCHES WITH THE ONLY CAEDAN SUAIN FUILSGIATH. THERE IS NO MISTAKING : THIS BEING IS CAEDAN SUAIN FUILSGIATH, DESPITE ITS DIFFERENT APPEARANCE."

The Sentinels switched stances, lowering their weapons.
"Sir Fuilsgiath. This is a surprise to see you alive. It has been a very, very long time since one visited the Levemite Library. Since the White Catastrophe actually. We have been standing watch since the last evacuation."

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Nox the Vampire Bat
After eating this much, fleeing seems impossible. Dig a hole in the ground under the crowshifter's corpse and bury myself in it, hiding until they're gone.

[6] You hastily dug a hole under the fresh corpse and buried yourself under it.

Was this corpse so heavy ? You could feel the weight of the corpse and the soil above you pressing your body. Breathing was getting difficult, and the weight began to cause you pain. Your body impulses were screaming to get out of this place, but you held them in.

You heard the group of Crowshifters landing close. You could barely hear anything as all sounds were turned into muffled noise.

You don't know what happened outside, but they quickly left, probably looking for their kin murderer. You waited a little, and then started trying to unbury you but...

You are stuck. The soil seems to have compressed a bit due to absorbing the crow's blood. It felt so heavy and cramped.

Enemies :
-Many incoming Crowshifter

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
Osuro Can keep the Essence, I'll Drag myself over to the Cyclops and See if it could work for Undead making Materials...

"As long as there is flesh, it can be raised."

Said some wise necromancer.

You dragged yourself to the Cyclops corpse. Yup, it's a Cyclops corpse. A quick rundown of the body could tell you it had already started producing Unlife energy in small amounts.

Osuro absorbed the Cyclops essence, and let out a sigh of relief.
"It's thanks to that that I could survive this long."

The ghost stood around. It's form was slowly starting to fade away.

b]Allies :[/b]
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro Injured [Essence2Abs]
> Worn battle axe
-Mindless Ghost

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger
((Welp, time to do something really stupid.))

"My name is Gray. You hurt my friends. Now you die."

Rush the scorpion. Reabsorb my parts that hit Barag on the way. Dive into that newly formed hole on the scorpion's head utilizing my liquid-like metallic body. Absorb that head piece on the way in. Then engulf and devour the bastard from inside. Harden myself to protect from the toxic blood if I can, when necessary.

You rushed toward the scorpion, and your bodypart hopped back in you as you darted past by Barag, who was twisting in pain on the sand.

Fortunately the scorpion didn't move, so diving on the small hole was no hard task. Slipping your whole body through these small holes was an unfeasible feat, as the hole was still rather small. So you pushed in the most of your body you could, and promptly started up to devour it from the inside as fast as possible, all the while hardening to protect you from the toxic blood.

[2] Well, you hoped hardening would protect you. But it had no such effect, turning the digesting into a very dangerous race against time. You had to kill it and get out before the acidic blood turned you into basic components...
-2HP

Gray [Digest]: [6]
You started by enlarging the hole so that more of your body could devour it. A double edged method, as being able to devour more meant more of your body was exposed to the blood. Furthermore you devoured an artery, projecting a stream of blood on you ! -5HP

You could feel the scorpion moving weakly, shouting and cursing in pain.
"Graah ! I... won't... die !"

Gray [Digest]: [3]
As more of your body went unresponsive, your digesting slowed down. Closer, closer, you were near ! -2HP

Gray [Digest]: [4]
Summoning the last of your forces, you digested straight. Once you reached the brain, you consumed a hefty part of it and shot your body core with glint's piece outside of the body in extremis

Just as you reached the brain, the scorpion made some very strange and creepy sound, before stopping. It was finally dead.
Its essence began to leave its body.
Around 10 Essence left unclaimed

Barag: [5]
Kokaun: [4]
Brown: [5]
Surprisingly, Barag, Kokaun and Brown managed to clear the blood off their bodies, as improbable as it seemed.

[RNGesus is too merciful today. Me don't like.]

Enemy :
- Gigantic Sand Scorpion "Bronzeking Scorpion" Dead

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Side melted / Skin melted
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounded / Lungs burning / Vision Impaired / Scales melted

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Terence the Bone Serf (Newcomer)
(Alright then, sheet incoming.)

(Anything I'm missing and/or need to add? I've got big plans for Terence in the future, yes big plans indeed...)
Edit: I felt like this guy should be undead, so I traded his skill for the undead trait. I'm still not entirely clear on how trait and skill allowance works, so I'll leave the removed skill here in case there's a chance I can have it back along with the un-ignorable undead trait.
Spoiler: removed skill (click to show/hide)

A sudden breathless gasp. A white thin hand devoid of flesh rising from the upturned muddy ground.
Then a whole skeleton, crawling on the ground as it left the embrace of the earth.

Your head felt so hazy. What were you ? Who were you ? "Terence" ?

As you pondered this, you rose your head. Around you were hundreds -no- thousands of armored corpses and limbs. The bright sun made all these piece of metal shine brightly, illuminating you. Many of these corpses were horribly mutilated, some were partially eaten and some were... still moving. Moving in the undead way of the sense.

Mindless corpses freshly risen.

The plains of Easenval. [see Turn 56, Caedan's portion. For more insight, look at Dahak's storyline from a bit before Turn 56]

Spoiler: Terence's Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
Go back to attempt to activate a construct

You headed back into the room filled with constructs with a scroll akin to a manual in your possession.

[4] You carefully double, or rather quadruple checked that the construct in front of you was the same as the one on the schematics.
You followed all the instructions precisely, connecting the right parts and pressing the right symbols.

Then one step was left, the activation. Which required either the ability to use magic, or a special device to simulate an initializing spell. Fortunately there was such a device in there, and you dragged the construct to it.
Placing it in the center of the artificial magical circle, you activated the device. The pre-programmed spell activated, loading the standard Construct System in it.

A pale blue light appeared in the unique eye of the construct. It had two arms and two legs, and a large body for its small size.

It stood there, doing nothing. Now, the construct needed instructions.

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:34:41 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: September 16, 2016, 01:56:43 am »

Can you believe this ?? No [1] ! No big bad stuff for players :(

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 16, 2016, 02:18:56 am »

((Is the me in the body dead?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 16, 2016, 02:28:55 am »

Ulkas grinned, thrilled by murdering much-hated humans and turned to Astrosa:

"I'll go first, to learn if there are any dangerous individuals in the village. Observe from distance and signal me if anything goes badly... But most importantly, take care of yourself."

Murder party!

((If no extraordinal individuals/events of note appear - there is no reason to prolong suffering of humans. Simple soldiers and peasants have no chance against demons, however well-armed or brave they may be. I think you can totally the raising of the village in one turn.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 16, 2016, 02:42:11 am »

((Is the me in the body dead?))
Let's say it is unconfirmed ? It is lying in a mass of caustic nasty substance, so chances of survival are slim.

I will roll next turn to see if the you there is dead or not.

Ulkas grinned, thrilled by murdering much-hated humans and turned to Astrosa:

"I'll go first, to learn if there are any dangerous individuals in the village. Observe from distance and signal me if anything goes badly... But most importantly, take care of yourself."

Murder party!

((If no extraordinal individuals/events of note appear - there is no reason to prolong suffering of humans. Simple soldiers and peasants have no chance against demons, however well-armed or brave they may be. I think you can totally the raising of the village in one turn.))
((Will do !))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: September 16, 2016, 02:45:42 am »

Roeway chased after them. Thinking of what to say as he caught up

Greetings I've escaped from demon enslavement do you know of anywhere safe?

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:20 am »

((i was going to reveal it latter, but since a fire god just offered me powers i had to explain why would i refuse. And also i was thinking something like that he wasnt a full frost giant because he is half troll or something))
Rest until i have more health, then leave to the north. Ask minotaur if he will join me, its better to be united in those dangerous lands and we must leave before some monstruous wild beast kill us
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: September 16, 2016, 03:19:36 am »

Ah, what... What is this? This... These bones, is this my body? How curious... Then I am a monster, an undead, I must be. I could never be human, no, a human must at least have skin.

Terence rose to his feet, and curiously observed his body.

What am I, then? A skeleton? Yes, I must be, for I am nothing but bones...

Terence's voice was cut off as his left arm fell completely off.

No, not a skeleton, not by monster type at least. A skeleton would hold its limbs much better. Then I am something else, something I do not yet know of... Where have I gained all this knowledge? Perhaps before I lost my skin I was a scholar... That must be it, a fraction of the corpse's owner must stay with the corpse into undeath, however small that is.

Terence realised that he was surrounded by corpses, some of which were now dangerous, feral undead creatures.

Well then, I suppose as a monster it is my goal now to steal the energy of other beings, and to grow into a new, more powerful form. Perhaps then I will discover what I am... keh heh heh.

Terence searches through the non-moving corpses in hopes to pillage a weapon of sorts and begins searching for a weak opponent, looking first through the creatures of the field in which he awoke. Be sneaky; never know what could try and attack from nowhere.

((I'm not stepping too hard on the boundaries of the game world's lore, am I?))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:21:22 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: September 16, 2016, 03:28:24 am »

((I'm not stepping too hard on the boundaries of the game world's lore, am I?))
((No no, don't worry. You are doing fine !
As of yet, I don't think anyone stepped too hard. I'm actually open to this kind of rambling, or even more. Worst case scenario, if something contradicts my feel of the world, I will say it.

And I still have an emergency plan to justify your case of abnormal burst of intelligence and eloquence for an undead.))
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 146