Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192518 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2014, 05:30:06 pm »

((Preventing death is more of Life affinity. Minion buff is always an improvement of the curent situation. Curently, not dying is the most straightforward improvement. How much of an improvement it will be depends on what you roll.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2014, 05:36:40 pm »

((So, on those buildup instakill spells, would disrupting the casting only stop the mage momentarily, or do they have to start over? I mean magically disrupting, not physically like punching them in the face.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2014, 06:09:17 pm »

(( It would, but I see it as more of a gang-up spell, with a group fighting somone abhorently overpowered with somone casting and others defending, since casting takes time even with multiple spells per turn, all the while your oponent is bashing your skull off.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2014, 06:56:20 pm »

((It would what? Momentarily disrupt them or make them start over?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2014, 07:06:35 pm »

((You could distrupt momentarily with a good bash and them failing END roll, or you could make them start over by healing the damage they dealt/disspeling what they had cast. For your spell it would be dispell. It could be done by somone with Life afinity or somone whos afinity is related to life afinity.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »

Fiddle with it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »

((So could I do dispelling in general with my own affinity? Also, Life dispels Aether?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2014, 08:20:03 pm »

((So could I do dispelling in general with my own affinity? Also, Life dispels Aether?))

((This is explainabe easily by me thinking you were Sarrak this entiire time. I shouldn't be awake at 4 in the morning. But yes, your instagib can be healed by Life afinity, becouse having a soul is a large part of being alive. And yes, you could do dispeling with your afinity, though CMP 5 counts to POT total AND adds a debuff, you could dispell debuff or try to decrease spell's POT.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2014, 10:15:40 pm »

((This is explainabe easily by me thinking you were Sarrak this entiire time. I shouldn't be awake at 4 in the morning. But yes, your instagib can be healed by Life afinity, becouse having a soul is a large part of being alive. And yes, you could do dispeling with your afinity, though CMP 5 counts to POT total AND adds a debuff, you could dispell debuff or try to decrease spell's POT.))
((So Life can repair the damage I do? I have ideas now. MUHAHAHAHAHA! NAV, I have a proposition for you.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 06, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »

((Alright, I'm listening.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2014, 01:18:18 am »

Shadow mage looked grimly at his trusty champion, slowly deteriorating in a pool of acid. He could have been there with her - if he had not taken physical courses where other mages concentrated on magical ones... Well... Good old-fashioned murder seemed to work quite fine until now, solving all his problems.

"Heh. Sorry, orange mage. You seemed quite decent - not trying to kill me and everything... But this ends. Now."

Whaz opened his mind, gathering the strong emanations of death surrounding this place - the strongest and brightest, of course, being self-sacrifice of Isaac. Empowered by the visions and his determination, he run closer and roared into darkening sky, pointing his index finger at the dream mage:

"By the power granted to me by the Lord of Death, I command thee: FEEL HIS PRESENCE!"

Using death surrounding this entire place, I bestow the darkest of presences onto the fool: the soulcrushing fear of death, freezing him in one place or killing outright [All my remaining shards on POT]. Then, I promptly finish him with my sword so that terror would not stay unfounded. If successful, all his shards would serve as a fuel to save Mezala.

((I appreciate the hints, but would do this old-fashioned way. Salsacookies, we could have worked great together... But not this time, it seems.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:32:05 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2014, 01:31:16 am »

"You find anything interesting, Crimson?"

If Crimson tells me about the cave, Aether sense its interior for any magical objects, with the help of my aether essence.

If he doesn't tell me about the cave, create another aether essence.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 07, 2014, 05:26:01 am »

"There's a cave nearby."

Approach the mouth of the cave and look inside.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 07, 2014, 05:34:38 am »

"It seems that today, I shall know all that is the nightmare of death... of which knowledge you should know of too... I will now show you.

Use all shards on POT to plunge him into the nightmare of death
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:43:55 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 07, 2014, 07:43:48 am »

(( Use shards...How? How much for pot, how much for CMP?))
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 506