Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1197464 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 137 Teamwork and Teamslacking
« Reply #4365 on: January 22, 2016, 03:22:37 pm »

Clearly, you've failed the test- the correct answer is to not inform him of new ways to kill you.
((According to ATHATH:
Question: What is the most logical use of my Electricity aspect?
Answer: Not informing you of ways to kill me.

That doesn't seem quite right. If I did fail the intelligence test, then that means the way to pass the intelligence test is by not answering the question correctly. Also I didn't inform him of anything that poses a serious threat to me.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:32:16 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: January 22, 2016, 03:33:50 pm »

Clearly, you've failed the test- the correct answer is to not inform him of new ways to kill you.
((According to ATHATH:

That doesn't seem quite right. If I did fail the intelligence test, then that means the way to pass the intelligence test is by not answering the question correctly. Also I didn't inform him of anything that poses a serious threat to me.))
((So someone messing with your brain signals doesn't matter to you? May I ask what kind of neural security hardware you are using?))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: January 22, 2016, 03:58:07 pm »

((Now all you need to do is start creating a super-heavy mesh of razor wire above things you don't like. Gory, to be sure, but it's a great recipe for mage slices.))

((As for guilds... Truth to be told, I've got an inclination to stay neutral. Certainly wouldn't mind it if someone wanted to partner up, but I'm reluctant to join one of the big groups.))
((You want to join up with Jase and Crimson? It's not so much a guild or anything as you help if we ask for it, we help if you ask, and you do whatever you want in between. Oh, and protect the Tower. The Tower is nice. Ironsnake, you're invited as well.))

((Sounds good! And I certainly can't argue with protecting the tower.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: January 22, 2016, 04:18:38 pm »

((According to ATHATH:

((Critical information was given. I see several ways from that list which if modified slightly could be used very effectively in a mage duel. Like for example throwing a light-bulb at another mage.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:20:43 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: January 22, 2016, 04:25:48 pm »

((I'm disappointed nobody suggested he use his Electricity magic to do musical performances like people do with those Tesla Coils.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: January 22, 2016, 04:47:37 pm »

((According to ATHATH:

((So someone messing with your brain signals doesn't matter to you? May I ask what kind of neural security hardware you are using?))
What I meant was that the smart thing to do (it was an intelligence test) was to not give him an advantage by helping him (unless you get something worthwhile in return).

As to the last question: If you read Tur's description, you would know that the Manipulator already controls him. I feel reasonably confident that a god of Mind Control will not allow you to wrest control of Tur away from him without an incredibly hard fight.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: January 22, 2016, 04:51:37 pm »

((That's... really just a flavor thing. We know by now that DG only lets characters enter with the advantages of a conventional human.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: January 22, 2016, 05:15:04 pm »

((Oh ATHATH, I did get something worthwhile out of it. I enjoyed it. And I lost nothing. Net gain.
Really that's less a test of intelligence and more a test of pragmatism.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: January 22, 2016, 05:18:17 pm »

((Oh ATHATH, I did get something worthwhile out of it. I enjoyed it. And I lost nothing. Net gain.
Really that's less a test of intelligence and more a test of pragmatism.))
Ah, but he gained an advantage, and gained more than you did.

However, I do agree with your second point. To each, their own philosophy.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: January 22, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »

((So you're saying my ideas were good enough to give him an actual advantage?  :D))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: January 22, 2016, 05:31:03 pm »

Sorry for the drought in updates. Was having exams, but now they are over and I should be able to return to schedule, which means next update should be this sunday.

((Thanks everyone for all the little bits of help. I think that's hit on something for my aspect of physicality: giving magical energy physical form, including altering physical properties. With that little bit of help, I think I've got a very viable wizard here, with a choice between sealing people in magical cubes, augmenting his own strength with physical-ified energy, and sabotaging constructions by making them spongy, brittle, light, etc. I can probably get into the world soon, but I'd at least like to see how the current turn plays out before I start taking any actions. Thanks, everyone!))

I thought your initial idea of your affinity was rather underpowered (Wood afinity would had gien you all you could do and more), but this seems to fit well enough. All your creations will remain entirely magical, and therefore both vulnerable to manipulation and outright dispelling. On the other hand, you decide all the rules of what you create, without any boring stuff like laws of physics. For example your swords don't have to be monomolecular, they can be much sharper. You'll be added in next update and you can post what you will do upon emerging from portal (your first turn) now.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: January 22, 2016, 06:54:13 pm »

((I'm disappointed nobody suggested he use his Electricity magic to do musical performances like people do with those Tesla Coils.))
((Reminds me of A minute of coexistence (which combines tesla coils noise with...something else).
Too late- i already know how to do all that without them saying it.
((So you're saying my ideas were good enough to give him an actual advantage?  :D))
Don't worry, i won't kill you since you gave answer(not when i am being killed by you)
((According to ATHATH:

What I meant was that the smart thing to do (it was an intelligence test) was to not give him an advantage by helping him (unless you get something worthwhile in return).

As to the last question: If you read Tur's description, you would know that the Manipulator already controls him. I feel reasonably confident that a god of Mind Control will not allow you to wrest control of Tur away from him without an incredibly hard fight.
Anyway, i have a way of fighting cannot-be-mind-controlled people(usually those pesky elementals which doesn't have nerves at all, but since your nerves where your senses come from are still unprotected...); Think on how i can do the following thing: Laser (hint: spinning electricity), Tornado and Fire. Add with the fact that i want another affinity...))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: January 22, 2016, 07:01:49 pm »

((Laser. Electrons are not photons. Therefore... however, voltage can generate light...))
((The easier way to do it would be to [REDACTED]. I'm not helping you with your magic, you're an enemy of F.E.C.E.S!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: January 22, 2016, 07:09:31 pm »

Eh, I won't need nerves soon anyway, and if I want to engage you in combat, I can [Redacted].

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: January 22, 2016, 07:17:50 pm »

((FREE ELECTRON LASER!))
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 506