Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192482 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 168 Misguided efforts
« Reply #5475 on: July 03, 2016, 07:20:48 pm »

Slightly late PM'd action. Sorry about that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 168 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5476 on: July 03, 2016, 07:40:02 pm »

Act Two. Scene Three. There is no title bad enough to explain what just happened.

"!"

Mista J seemed to calm, surprisingly... though on the inside, he was still terrified. Mista J. sat down and meditated, aiming to send a message to his muse: "This wasn't my fault, and if I could I would work my art."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: July 03, 2016, 09:01:35 pm »

Name: Clownman
Affinity:Incompetence
Description(optional): a clown. not much else to say.
STR=0
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=0
POT=6
first turn:make three essences.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: July 03, 2016, 11:42:14 pm »

Alright, try to find that mystery mage. Examine my pyramid while I do so. Can I copy the enchantment?

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: July 04, 2016, 03:04:35 am »

Absorb electricity from the composite eyes.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: July 04, 2016, 03:26:09 am »

((Finally, I can stop making PM actions. This didn't go as I planned, but I can still be helpful!))

Suddenly, magic shot forth from the mountains, and a spell wove itself around the bigholder. GUESS WHO'S BACK, BABY!!! Chorkinaan attempts to create a perfectly opaque spherical shell of physicality which encompasses the bigholder, too large for the beholder to push it apart from inside, using two chaotic +1cmp essences, 1 +1 pot essence, and a +1/+1 essence. He then charges down the mountain towards the battlefield, creating two essences along the way, stopping short of the poison cloud.

((Even if the bigholder can fire straight through this, it'll be firing blind! Plus, it'll probably take too long to break out.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:28:00 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: July 04, 2016, 05:11:00 am »

STR=0
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=0
POT=6

How exactly do you expect Incompetence afinity to work? Give me three spells you expect to be able to cast.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: July 04, 2016, 09:47:11 am »

STR=0
DEX=1
SPD=1
END=0
POT=6

How exactly do you expect Incompetence afinity to work? Give me three spells you expect to be able to cast.

(Lower cmp, raise cmp, cause epic failures, drain cmp, cmp aura, various curses)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: July 04, 2016, 09:53:25 am »

Skeliborn

Action:
Using the dakka-cannon as a blue print, create a hand held version of the dakka-cannon.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: July 04, 2016, 02:32:56 pm »

Stop Gambler from bleeding to death.

{Curses are spells in progress and not wounds. This makes healing magic able to deal with effects but not the curse itself.}
That's like saying poison is chemistry in progress and not wounds.
Would it be possible to heal curses through a powerful enough ritual?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: July 04, 2016, 03:29:48 pm »

{Curses are spells in progress and not wounds. This makes healing magic able to deal with effects but not the curse itself.}
That's like saying poison is chemistry in progress and not wounds.
Would it be possible to heal curses through a powerful enough ritual?

Well...Erm... Techically, although you are unlikely to ever have to deal with that, you can't heal poison either. All poison is either quick acting and exhausts itself almost instantly leaving only dammage that you now can deal with or is slow working and I can't be bothered to track poisonings over thirty turns.

You can immagine the curse spell as a tiny thundercloud that floats above a person and regularly electrocutes them. You can deal with electrocutions but not the cloud. Not with only healing afinity anyways.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: July 04, 2016, 06:01:57 pm »

starwars pretty much already said most of my ideas, but generally I would be making people incompetent at actions (spells, moving,attacking, etc.) or making people not-incompetent at actions to semi buff them. If I need a color, i would like to either have orange and red or green and yellow.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: July 04, 2016, 06:10:47 pm »

Can I fix my eyes?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: July 04, 2016, 10:05:47 pm »

Well...Erm... Techically, although you are unlikely to ever have to deal with that, you can't heal poison either. All poison is either quick acting and exhausts itself almost instantly leaving only dammage that you now can deal with or is slow working and I can't be bothered to track poisonings over thirty turns.

Point taken on the curse removal though.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: July 05, 2016, 10:00:46 am »

starwars pretty much already said most of my ideas, but generally I would be making people incompetent at actions (spells, moving,attacking, etc.) or making people not-incompetent at actions to semi buff them. If I need a color, i would like to either have orange and red or green and yellow.

Allright then, I'll add you in on next turn.

Can I fix my eyes?

Yes, by replacing them with magical constructs. However, you might not want to bother as Tower's healing aura will fix them for you.

Point taken on the curse removal though.

Well bollocks. I'm gonna say that you have learned some time in theoretical past before the game start a higly unusual method of healing which is basically uberclocking one's liver. Any poison that is not handled by the liver is immune to this. Why does everyone but me seem to have perfect memory.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 506