Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192506 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 189 Fresh meat and Fresh mist
« Reply #6150 on: September 22, 2016, 05:05:05 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.

So it seems that POT is the mental defence stat, starting next turn. Next will probably be something about buffing Strength, so I'm open to suggestions. Currently, pretty much the only thing I can think of is having weapons act as multipliers on STR rather than a flat bonus.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: September 22, 2016, 05:14:29 pm »

((The blood genie is pretty close to us. If it comes to kill us, I propose a (temporary) alliance.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: September 22, 2016, 07:01:40 pm »

Good day Shias, It seems like this tree is on fire. Would you like mind if I moved the fire away from the tree and into a more productive place? After all, smoky bear says that only you can prevent forest fires and I want to do my part. I plan on using the very fire that inflicts the tree in part of a spell which ideally would require about 100 pot and a several mages.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: September 22, 2016, 07:08:22 pm »

Ignite a globule of blood on the top of the staff and venture in with my "torch".

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: September 22, 2016, 07:50:17 pm »

Have the stung eagle fly to the tower, to see if it can benefit from the regeneration field, if the other eagle can get close enough have it attack Easter again, otherwise have it help the injured one get to the tower.

Drag Easter into the fire tree, don't let him leave
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: September 22, 2016, 07:56:27 pm »

Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: September 23, 2016, 12:52:31 am »

((Does Seva in phoenix mode have a physical form, or is he just a mass of flame?))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: September 23, 2016, 07:43:18 am »

Good day Shias, It seems like this tree is on fire. Would you like mind if I moved the fire away from the tree and into a more productive place? After all, smoky bear says that only you can prevent forest fires and I want to do my part. I plan on using the very fire that inflicts the tree in part of a spell which ideally would require about 100 pot and a several mages.

"The tree is not on fire, the fire is inside. But feel free to remove it."

Pull myself together, so to speak.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: September 23, 2016, 08:40:30 am »

((Shouldn't Kahel have been injured in ethereal form due to his "Melting" status? Or was that remedied?))

More pyramid lasers! Have the construct levitate high enough to get a clear shot of Kahel's head, angled towards the ground, irrespective of his attempts to hide. Fire a disintegration ray of my own, aimed at destroying Kahel's still-exposed lungs at close combat distance. Also continue using the Lotus beyond its intended purpose. That is to say, use it to parry Kahel's blows and proceed to smashing his skull open.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:00:26 am by Prismatic »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: September 23, 2016, 08:42:53 am »

((I'm fairly certain that the gate to the elemental plane of fire is inside the tree, good luck doing anything about that...))

Doktor Diabolical:

"The first step towards the construction of a new robot army! Several absolutely diabolical tiny cube-bots! Though they might need some improvements..."

Doktor Diabolical casts a spell aimed at increasing the size of the cube-bots. Then, he checks to see if they're currently his minions by ordering them to follow him, and then walking a few yards away. If they are not obedient to him, he casts another spell aimed at binding them to his will, and uses an essence of some kind(so long as it's non-chaotic and aids CMP) to boost it if available. If they are already obedient to him, he shrugs and creates 2 absolutely diabolical robots essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: September 23, 2016, 09:44:08 am »

((Shouldn't Kahel have been injured in ethereal form due to his "Melting" status? Or was that remedied?))
((Quite sure it wasn't. Still, its not that damaging, else I'd become a puddle of gore in mere moments into the fight. Also, it must be not "melting", but something akin to "leaving some parts of your body on the other side", because DG thought I had a Liquid form, not Ethereal one. I mentioned this issue earlier.))

Scorch Xom head with my hand. Then slash melted tissue off. Optimally, along with his head. Oh, and hide from the damn lazer-shooter behind the body.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: September 23, 2016, 03:48:07 pm »

Jiksap's work was momentarily disrupted by the glorious call of a Mad ScientistTM much like himself. This one seemed rather interested in robots and being diabolical, though, so chances of friendship were slim. Robots are good. Robots trying to kill him not so much.

((where's that little blue hedgehog when we need him))

Summon a box of clockwork parts. Recall information on the jet I scanned way back when. Create two machine essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: September 23, 2016, 04:10:01 pm »

Portal flared to life again, fueled by the fifth elemental -surprise. In the portal appeared a new mage, Karnax the Destroyer, wearing seared robes, with singed eyebrows, burnt beard and all other signs of a mage who enjoyed their magic. As was usual with people who added "the Destroyer" to their name, he was rather lanky and seemed to be the kind to have trouble with anger control. Unusally for people calling themselves "the Destroyer", Karnak was very capable of destruction and worthy of fear.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: September 23, 2016, 04:26:19 pm »

((Sorry, but I can't help but to be sarcastic. FIRE. Of all inherently dangerous things not to be messed with, you picked up FIRE.

We had three Fire mages and one Fire NPC. All of them died horribly.
We also had two Heat mages. Both are already dead.
We still have one Temperature mage, who is still here by the virtue of using cold instead of fire whenever possible.

To sum up: good luck, the brave one!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: September 23, 2016, 04:35:01 pm »

Summon a (glass) ring that causes the holder's spells to be more likely to succeed (or succeed better, if they'd succeed anyway) by chance, tapping into the user's luck, using a +1/+2, +2/+1, and 2 +1/+1 essences. Then make an essence.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:02:10 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 506