Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Redwall fortress. submit your stuff! AND SUBMIT YOUR MODS!!! AAH!!!  (Read 6423 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile

Hey guys. I had an idea. Why not make a DF where all the races are creatures from the redwall series. I could compile all those things. there could be the stoats, Redwallers, shrews, sea rats, malkaris's inhabitants, moles, the birds(I dont know the English word for those giys), the field mice, the frogs, lizards, snakes, Salamadastron, the inhabitants of lomehenge, the seals, the horde creatures.

What do you think. You can submit your weapons and creatures and entities etc. I will compile them all. Maybe we will even be able to make the map of the world of Redwall. Any ideas for something new will be listed and read just stay true to the spirit of the book. In case you don't get it- You can submit stuff for a mod that we all will make.

Also here is a basic creature template. If you can make it smaller but still just as good then go ahead
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and weird things concerning the code making something related to orc's or wizards is because the creature is copied of my orc's or my wizards(I cant remember witch)

-varis-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:08:23 pm by antymattar »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Redwall fortress. submit your stuff!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 01:12:28 pm »

I cant say I've ever read the books, but I did watch the show.
How close are the shows to the book?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:18:50 pm »

it is very close. You can go ahead and make something. Every person will be in the credits.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 02:05:33 pm »

it is very close. You can go ahead and make something. Every person will be in the credits.
How exactly do you plan to do the main race?
as far as I know castes cannot bemade with differant bodies but can have differant abilities.
I'm thinking sort of a general body frame would be needed as the castle is made of many differant creatures like Sir Hare and the Badger, moles, mice, ect.
something they have in similar though, is 4 limbs, 2 ears, a head, and a tail. Differant physical stats could be given using the caste system (how strong they are ect)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 02:22:34 pm »

whell basically they are all redwallers so they will just be named differently. All animals have the same body parts; 2hands 2legs all the organs and a tail(and maibe something else) All that needs doing would be the modifiers. Also perhaps the abbility to ad some things but mainly its all modifiers.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:32:21 pm »

I've read one of the books way back in the day and it was a lot of fun to read.

Anyways, the idea is cool and it'll be nice to see it come together.

More or less it's just a bunch of animal-men if my memory serves me right.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 04:15:34 pm »

If you're going to do redwall, you really need to fold one of the huge "101 new prepared meals" type of things into the mod. Half of those books were about food.

Solace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 05:34:51 pm »

Just out of curiosity, how complex can you make different caste systems? I'd like to play a game with different races/builds allowed at once, but it'd be weird if two rabbits got together and had a badger. :P Also, how would you be able to balance the different castes (numerically) if they had significantly different abilities? You'd have to... I don't know... involve a system where you can 'trade' one of your guys for a generic migrant of the caste you want, or something... or else have to randomly deal with some fortresses that have little/none of a certain caste.

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:18 pm »

as far as I know castes cannot bemade with differant bodies but can have differant abilities.
I'm thinking sort of a general body frame would be needed as the castle is made of many differant creatures like Sir Hare and the Badger, moles, mice, ect.
something they have in similar though, is 4 limbs, 2 ears, a head, and a tail. Differant physical stats could be given using the caste system (how strong they are ect)

Body is very much a caste-moddable tag, you just have to include one with each caste and define the tissues and such after the castes to get them read correctly. Pretty much everything can be changed with castes really, except megabeast/semimegabeast, biome and a few others I can't think of.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 06:53:44 pm »

In 40d I started a redwall mod, but I didn't get further than basic civilizations.  If you want a hand I'd be happy to assist!
Also known as Zuhayr.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 01:52:44 am »

Yeah shou're! You're all welcome. If anyone knows how to make the castes not mate with different castes then please tell me because you're awsome. Hur hur.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 02:16:26 am »

You can have totally different castes' bodies and other stuff. I mean, you can customize every race as you want. You can even make some of them vermin (but I guess it would cause some unpredictable bugs).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 03:04:16 am »

Ok. Do you know how to make a civ that has 10 races to control instead of one with 10 casts?

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 04:02:42 am »

Ok. Do you know how to make a civ that has 10 races to control instead of one with 10 casts?

You could just add multiple CREATURE tags to the entity, but I think that just makes it randomly choose one when the civ is created.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 04:18:03 am »

oh. What if they were one after another in one line and not one collumn?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4