Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 36936 times)

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2017, 12:10:17 pm »

I vould like to be dwarft, wery much so, comrade!

Geeve me noble profession of Foodsmeeth dat I may toil in de fields for de glorious mountain home!

Eef you haff no need of Foodsmeeting, I wolunteer for any hart labor.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2017, 01:21:21 pm »

I vould like to be dwarft, wery much so, comrade!

Geeve me noble profession of Foodsmeeth dat I may toil in de fields for de glorious mountain home!

Eef you haff no need of Foodsmeeting, I wolunteer for any hart labor.

Your accent could uze zome work, Comerade. But you will be added. Glory to Mother Mountainhome!

Words are harmless, but ideas are forever (yes they're just for flavour).

Here, download this and try to add the files inside according to the same file structure. Afterwards create a game and check the errorlog to see if there's anything off. If you need any help let me know. :)

It'll be a bit of time before I can check. Figure drawing and shading is a pain in the donkey and so I need to focus on that. Because I need to make two different ones. Bleh.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2017, 02:41:19 pm »

How about some war commie pigs?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2017, 02:57:38 pm »

How about some war commie pigs?

Some whats?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2017, 05:33:28 pm »

Do we know if the new version is going to be changing anything that will prevent the capitalist secret from working. And we should have someone from the state who has a job to keep track of how many communist slogans each dwarf says, to make sure they aren't converting to capitalism. And because this would require a lot of toil and logistics on the side of the glorious state that slogan tallier should just be able to do a shoddy job and label people as suspect if they are in his presence a long time without pledging allegiance to the state. Or something along those lines. The legislation must be ironed out before it is implemented, but as always, it's the ideology that counts the most in the mountain home. And I think you are thinking as Capitalist pigs Sanctume. It's an insult that is used to say that the dreaded capitalists are as greedy and filthy as pigs, blind to the glorious guiding light that is Communism.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2017, 08:15:29 pm »

And I think you are thinking as Capitalist pigs Sanctume. It's an insult that is used to say that the dreaded capitalists are as greedy and filthy as pigs, blind to the glorious guiding light that is Communism.
Callingk capatalist peeg ees eensult to noble peeg. Peeg eea content weeth eatingk garbage and scraps to surfife. Ve shoult all aspire to be like peeg.
Capatalist peeg vould buy leetle hats, and eat only fine garbage. THE DECADENCE!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2017, 08:30:40 pm »

I would glorious to wear commie pig leather high boots and trousers, and soviet bear leather cap, glove and cloak!

Unless you can mod soviet bear fur instead of leather.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2017, 09:31:45 pm »

Do we know if the new version is going to be changing anything that will prevent the capitalist secret from working. And we should have someone from the state who has a job to keep track of how many communist slogans each dwarf says, to make sure they aren't converting to capitalism. And because this would require a lot of toil and logistics on the side of the glorious state that slogan tallier should just be able to do a shoddy job and label people as suspect if they are in his presence a long time without pledging allegiance to the state. Or something along those lines. The legislation must be ironed out before it is implemented, but as always, it's the ideology that counts the most in the mountain home. And I think you are thinking as Capitalist pigs Sanctume. It's an insult that is used to say that the dreaded capitalists are as greedy and filthy as pigs, blind to the glorious guiding light that is Communism.

I hope not. XD Hmm. So a modded job for a dorf? That would be Commisar Ivan's duty.

@ The pig stuff: I've got no clue what's meant here.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2017, 10:38:40 pm »

If anything the capitalist spies don't seem common enough, even after all the sphere doodah I've done. Alot of them either die off before passing on their secrets, or become necromancers, which defeats the whole purpose of the infiltrating your fort part. You might want to check in legends mode whether there's spies still left alive before embarking.

Unless there's a sizeable shift in interactions (unlikely), it should work alright. It's just raw modding, any changes would be easy to update.

New version is bringing entity-specific pets though, so we should wait for that to use on our bears. Don't want the capitalists sieging us on the backs of glorious soviet bears, do we? No, they will siege us on the backs of decadent capitalist pigs.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:41:45 pm by Bearskie »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2017, 08:34:37 am »

If anything the capitalist spies don't seem common enough, even after all the sphere doodah I've done. Alot of them either die off before passing on their secrets, or become necromancers, which defeats the whole purpose of the infiltrating your fort part. You might want to check in legends mode whether there's spies still left alive before embarking.

Unless there's a sizeable shift in interactions (unlikely), it should work alright. It's just raw modding, any changes would be easy to update.

New version is bringing entity-specific pets though, so we should wait for that to use on our bears. Don't want the capitalists sieging us on the backs of glorious soviet bears, do we? No, they will siege us on the backs of decadent capitalist pigs.

Alright. I'll need to remember that.

Yes. We should. :D

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2017, 10:34:53 am »

So for the war bears. I'm thinking every melee squad's captain will get a war bear. And once a member survives 12 sieges they'll get one too since they'll now be considered non-sus. (Every captain is a non-sus). Should the crossbow teams get war bears too? Just in case the enemy gets close?

Commisar Ivan automatically gets 2 war bears as guards.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:55:49 pm by speciesunkn0wn »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2017, 05:09:05 am »

Keep up ze good work comrades, zorry wish I had more to add, other than of course beware the vile horned beasts of ze fascists/Luddites.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2017, 10:44:20 am »

Should we change the names of the humans, elves, etc. to the political ideas they follow? And even make a split of the dwarven culture into capitalist and communist dwarves as two separate entities? I think that that would add a lot more flavor to this. We could possibly even make splinter cells of each following for each race. Like fascist elves, capitalist elves, and communist elves.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2017, 01:57:25 pm »

Should we change the names of the humans, elves, etc. to the political ideas they follow? And even make a split of the dwarven culture into capitalist and communist dwarves as two separate entities? I think that that would add a lot more flavor to this. We could possibly even make splinter cells of each following for each race. Like fascist elves, capitalist elves, and communist elves.

We probably could. But it would be tricky getting all civs close by. Although it would result in capitalist dorf sieges which could be cool.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2017, 03:54:18 pm »

Before I forget; jail cells: large open room with a chain every 3 spaces, or blocks of 12 1x3 rooms in a rough + shape around a central stair/small room.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20