Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Beta Testers: The Game [IC]  (Read 7717 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Beta Testers: The Game [IC]
« on: July 17, 2016, 06:03:03 pm »

They told you you'd be testing universes, and here you are. They've recruited you and a few other people, and said there will most likely be new arrivals at some point. For now, you are each in your own room in what appears to be a medieval tavern. You can hear the sound of people talking, laughing and singing downstairs. Outside, the sun is just setting, and there is a castle to the East. What to do from here is up to you.

OOC Thread
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Testers: The Game [IC]
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 06:26:23 pm »

Mai didn't actually know how to properly converse with the usual suspects at a tavern, but she had managed to wrangle up herself a room nonetheless. The local talk said something about a castle, and that was most definitely worth taking a look at. Best to travel in the morning, she figured.

Spend the night at the tavern.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 06:30:31 pm »

Nix was surprised to be alive again.  Good feeling.  Surrounded by filthy humans.  Need weapon.

Go in tavern, stay out of everyone's direct sight, try to pilfer a knife or a fork.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 06:46:39 pm »

Barbarians speaking a foreign tongue. Is this... England?

Quell heads downstairs,

"Alright, now who here... what residence hath thee in this land? Er, I don't think that came out quite right..."
He sputters on over to a young boy dressed in tatters, sitting at a table with no-one else. "You there! Be my squire. I must learn this land's tongue and seek its fate." That came out mostly right, he thought.

Acquire follower.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:48:20 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 06:56:57 pm »

There one more person in the downstairs tavern area. With few paying attention to him, Jeremmy walks by the young boy being recruited by Quell, touches him gently on the shoulder, and says to the boy,

He's a good man.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:01:45 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 07:15:36 pm »

Jeremmy and Quell convince the boy to help translate for the group, although it is clear he won't go into any dungeons. Funnily enough, every can understand each other, even though they speak different languages. How odd...

[22] Nix sneaks around, managing to steal a sword for everyone, and stealing the armor off a sleeping knight in one of the adjacent rooms.

Mai attempts to sleep, although the noise downstairs makes it rather difficult.

OOC:

Alright, here's how sneaking/thievery will work, just so everyone is aware: I will roll 1d20 and add your dex to that. I will post the result of both the dice roll and the action. And to convince someone, you just have to say the correct things. Convincing a drunk 14 year-old beggar to translate for you? Easy. Convincing the King to give you his entire kingdom? Not so much.

Additionally, you guys have 2 more turns before the night is over, if you want to keep stealing things it's much easier at night, as you might expect.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 07:35:00 pm »

Nix took swords.  Big swords, better for big humans than gobs.  No matter.  Nix was strong for his size.  And even quicker.  Still.  Nix wanted knife.

Find a knife, or other stealth weapon.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 07:47:24 pm »

Mai tosses and turns on the odd bed before giving up the idea of sleep in such unfamiliar territory. Considering her possibilities, she quietly snuck out and decided to take her chances.

Sneakily filch clothes for a disguise. From a closet or storage room, if possible.

Edited to change color.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:58:18 pm by maidiance »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 07:56:14 pm »

Jeremmy thanks the boy, and wanders a bit.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:00:12 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 07:57:18 pm »

<<I see every PM I am sent, I just don't always reply to them.>>

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 08:24:20 pm »

Different languages... some vile magic the Sunset Empire brought. Well, I suppose it would do to meet with the local lord and offer him my help. My family is dead after all.

Go to my room and count my moneys. Did I bring a weapon and a shield?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 08:37:27 pm »

[5] Nix attempts to steal a dagger from one of the drunkards, and instead gets smacked away The drunkard hollers "Wah er yeh trin'a do, yah litehl runt? Yer tryinah stehl mah dagger, are yeh? I'll kehl yah if I see yer face again!"

[24] Mia easily sneaks into one of the other rooms, and steals some clothes out of it. There's every size and color of clothes in this one's closet, the people staying here must be either traveling entertainers or royalty. Mia takes a plain set that is in their size.

After Jeremmy walks away from the boy, he looks confused, as if he knows even less of what's going on around him.

Quell counts his money, finding his previous riches to have been converted to this world's currency; he has 600 gold. He also finds a simple iron sword and a plain iron buckler, although they appear to be of a high quality, as the buckler feels solid and the sword is well-balanced.

maidiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 08:50:37 pm »

Plain clothes, perfect! Now there was only one thing left to take care of.

Craft a slingshot.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 08:51:42 pm »

((I thought thievery was based on DEX, how'd I get below six?))

Spit in the drunkard's eye, then immediately run to a secluded spot outside the tavern, see if he follows me.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 08:54:57 pm »

<<I confused DEX and STR, still would have been a 7, would have gotten a rather similar result. You rolled a 1.>>

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6