Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 79060 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2014, 09:31:49 pm »

I say that we should pay the upkeep until we can make it permanent, while using the horse to carry the bones of the deer. Time doesn't actually mean anything to us.

Thats true. We get more than 16 per day.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2014, 05:20:37 am »

If we keep the flesh on the bones of the deer also, it will be easier to transport.

And lets put the corpse on the horse.

I dont know, I feel like we should honor the dead, whenever we do not animate them immediately. This will help us recognize resting places more easily in the wilderness, as well as making the dead more willing to follow us I assume.

We should do this. Whenever I play a video game as a functional necromancer and I can't reanimate the corpse, I do a little ritual of respect to the corpse and hide it for when I can come back and reanimate it.

I say that we should pay the upkeep until we can make it permanent, while using the horse to carry the bones of the deer. Time doesn't actually mean anything to us.

+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2014, 07:00:08 am »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Early Morning

You decide to leave a good deal of the meat behind, scraping much of it from the bones. The bundle is light enough to enable the horse to carry both of you, albeit a bit unhandy. Instead of trying to go back the way you came, you just pine for the general direction of the river. By the time you reach it again, most of the night is already over.

The mountain-range is still a fair way, but their hilly outcroppings slowly come into view and reach, with the landscape even sporting the occasional feeble shrub by now. You also spot some rather strange formations on one of the mountainsides. It looks suspiciously unnatural, and while it just might be where this road led to a long time ago, you somewhat hope for it to be a more recent settlement.

Taking on that train of thought, you realize that even a township city could easily gather enough forces to be the end of you. If it is only your imagination or truth, the road looks a bit more intact than near the city, with you slowly starting to question the safety or sense of travelling on it.

Yes, you are somehow quite sure that it is not only your imagination. For no specific reason. Well, maybe that scene had something to do with it. While you are no expert on such matters, judging by the smoke and what little you can make out in the light, you conclude that the fire should not be all that large. The number of people around it is still something you can only guess at. You ponder your planned way of approach, or if that even would be a good idea.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

" I am confident that the horse could ride down an opponent unless he is in plate. As for myself.. "

" Well, I am not sure how much good I am in a melee. Ghoul-Claws don't fare well against metal, and I have no other weapons on me either.. "

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2014, 07:19:36 am »

Scout the camp.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:12 am »

I say that we should do that fro a safe distance. You know, someone has plate armor and we are screwed.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 08:23:25 am »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2014, 09:33:33 am »

I say that we should do that fro a safe distance. You know, someone has plate armor and we are screwed.

Stash the bones somewhere first to give your steed a light load - you can come back to them later. Somebody in Plate armor isn't going to chase down a horse with undead level endurance, even with a steed of their own.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 10:35:41 am »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 2, Early Morning

" Yeah.. I got this. "

You make the horse kneel down behind one of the bigger shrubs around, covering it from view even if they were to look carefully into that direction. Calling it over such a short distance will pose no problem either. With the full break of dawn only an hour or so away, you feel it prudent to act somewhat fast. Carefully to not step on any twig, you pine for always staying out of the line of sight. The fire comes into ever closer view, and you finally get a good view of it.

Two men. One tent. One dead deer. While the tent does not look like it was built to accomendate more than two or three persons, there could be someone inside of it. You are near enough to hear the two of them talk, but not so near as that you could make out what they say. From the looks of it, one of them seems to be mending arrows, with the other one roasting something over the fire.

Suddenly their merry chatter stops, and one of them enters the tent, with the other one finishing his meal and blankly staring into the fire, sometimes yawning or stretching a bit. Seems like the other one went to sleep, as the situation remains unchanged for some minutes. Either way, you think that you should make a decision soon-ish, lest the morning sun uncovers you.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

"From what I can see they are at least armed with bows, and I can't imagine them being out here without any kind of daggers or short-swords either. "

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 10:40:51 am »

Drain Energy on the one on watch. Hopefully, this will make him sleepy...or at least less alert.

Once this has been done, attempt to sneak up behind him and kill him quietly. If this fails, have the horse come and use our combined might to kill him quickly. Once incapacitated, kill the sleeping one, then make sure they're both dead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 11:08:34 am »

My plan:

Rush with the horse to the one by the fire. Have the horse knock it down while we tear down the tent, effectively trapping the guy sleeping. Then we change palces with the horse: we finish the now mauled guy with our claws while the horse stomps on the sleepy guy under the tent.

I fear that draining energy may not be worth it with so low mana, and we don't knwo if it causes pain or not.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 11:56:33 am »

My plan:

Rush with the horse to the one by the fire. Have the horse knock it down while we tear down the tent, effectively trapping the guy sleeping. Then we change palces with the horse: we finish the now mauled guy with our claws while the horse stomps on the sleepy guy under the tent.

I fear that draining energy may not be worth it with so low mana, and we don't knwo if it causes pain or not.
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:29 am »

My plan:

+1

+2

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »

+3 to above

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 03:21:43 pm »

+4
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 10:24:30 pm »

+5
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40