Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 239342 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #735 on: December 20, 2017, 03:27:31 pm »

I got busy and wasn't able to finish Donu's Spring Update before Summer 139, so here is the Spring Update. It's pretty long, so I'm keeping it in the spoiler.

Spoiler: An Update From Donu (click to show/hide)
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 20, 2017, 03:35:48 pm »

I got busy and wasn't able to finish Donu's Spring Update before Summer 139, so here is the Spring Update. It's pretty long, so I'm keeping it in the spoiler.

Spoiler: An Update From Donu (click to show/hide)

>sees Zefer as some super strong guy.
Why does the image of a big beefy guy holding a small daisy come to.mind when this topic comes up? It's humorous
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 20, 2017, 03:38:44 pm »

Spoiler: How Donu Sees Zefer (click to show/hide)

jk, it's not that bad.

He is the strongest person in the fort tho, and the idea of a professional soldier picking flowers is pretty funny for Donu who is still kind of oblivious.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #738 on: December 20, 2017, 09:15:46 pm »

Man I feel for Zotho :c Thanks for the stories, they are adorable as always. I have some responses in progress, for Digo and for Donu/Zefer, and I'll post them as part of summer's update. Summer was pretty chill, nothing crazy happening, so right now is a good time to relax.

JCdestr0yer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 20, 2017, 11:12:09 pm »

Out of interest has ser made any more books. I know I don't post any stories or anything here uni work is busy. Just curious and keep up with the updates great read so far. 

Malfinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 21, 2017, 04:11:37 pm »

A quiproquo between him and Zefer about Donu would be absolutely epic.

I'm pretty sure Zefer would (physically speaki ng) snap the axe man in half over Donu. That being said, wasn't Zefer supposed to give Donu a flower? Haha.

honestly i  myself would like to see a small brawl  between zeref and erod over donu, though erod has no interest  in her.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 21, 2017, 04:58:33 pm »

Spoiler: How Donu Sees Zefer (click to show/hide)

jk, it's not that bad.

He is the strongest person in the fort tho, and the idea of a professional soldier picking flowers is pretty funny for Donu who is still kind of oblivious.

"ALL OF THE NEW FEMALE RECRUITS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR....TINY COPPER SKIRTS!"
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #742 on: December 21, 2017, 05:02:58 pm »

Oh god I wish we could make short skirts made of copper. But I know full well most of our male population would adopt them as the latest fashion before we could equip anyone with them.

As for Ser I'll give you all relevant informations in a few ! Sorry, I'm taking a bit of time to finish my stuff.

Also for Zefer/Erod shodown that could be fun but that's typically the kind of stuff I won't be enforcing against the players will

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 21, 2017, 05:08:58 pm »

Oh god I wish we could make short skirts made of copper. But I know full well most of our male population would adopt them as the latest fashion before we could equip anyone with them.

As for Ser I'll give you all relevant informations in a few ! Sorry, I'm taking a bit of time to finish my stuff.

Also for Zefer/Erod shodown that could be fun but that's typically the kind of stuff I won't be enforcing against the players will

It's sad to think that the male populous wears skirts more than the woman populous....

Why do I imagine the male (dorfed male that is) characters wearing skirts now.

Dammit Cathar.
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #744 on: December 21, 2017, 08:21:12 pm »

I did actually made skirts. Each time I made pants, they would wear them, then a robe over them. So I thought adding a skirt would give them one more layer, why not...right? Except when they decide to wear skirts, they discard absolutely everything beside it. This is very awkward.  We're producing pants again now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please excuse the stupidity

As for Ser, he doesn't seem to have authored anything new. This is a bit strange. I'll give him some time off to gather more inspiration and refill our quill stocks, just in case. Also don't worry about not writing stories, it's a-ok, real life always comes first
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:01:04 pm by Cathar »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 22, 2017, 12:57:53 am »

They had TOP KEK

...for a while :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 22, 2017, 01:34:25 am »

It's sad to think that the male populous wears skirts more than the woman populous....

Dammit Cathar.

Whats wrong with males in skirts, robes, kilts,etc. Its better than being forced to wear those barbarous pant things, and that was the ROMAN perspective on things, and they were definitley patriarchal so I find this debate a little silly.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 22, 2017, 01:37:08 am »

Dammit Cathar.

Whats wrong with males in skirts, robes, kilts,etc. Its better than being forced to wear those barbarous pant things, and that was the ROMAN perspective on things, and they were definitley patriarchal so I find this debate a little silly.

Know what? The men just need to be brazen and go in just loincloths. Nothing is more stupid intimidating than a bunch of crimson haired badasses taking 500 goblins in nothing but underwear.
"Men! On my count!"

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 22, 2017, 01:44:22 am »

Intimidating but impractical and arrogant (I mean the goblins have armor and bows right? they wont hesitate to take advantage of such recklessness)now maybe if they dressed in the butchered remains of goblins....NOW THAT would be intimidating and still provide a modicum of protection. Sadly pearlite ethics will not let us, methinks.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 22, 2017, 01:55:32 am »

Intimidating but impractical and arrogant (I mean the goblins have armor and bows right? they wont hesitate to take advantage of such recklessness)now maybe if they dressed in the butchered remains of goblins....NOW THAT would be intimidating and still provide a modicum of protection. Sadly pearlite ethics will not let us, methinks.
This is the sad truth, but we make it up in spades by having absolutely mudertastic soldiers...i mean who can say they are from Watershield unless they can cut down a werebeast with a single cleave?
"Men! On my count!"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111