Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 239328 times)

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #765 on: December 30, 2017, 03:12:59 pm »

Sure thing, if you have an idea in mind and are proposing yourself for a promotion, please go on explaining your idea. I've been looking for promoting a new captain for quite a time now.

Well I was hoping to resurrect the bow squad but refit it for more combat oriented things. Training them not only in hand to hand but also swords and the bow, guerilla tactics dictates hit and run, or we can have a squad learn the art of stealth and start flanking enemies while the main forces  are clashing.
Whichever idea you want I'm open.

(Also I like Donu wears the flower!)

Diary of Zefer Scribefondled

I came up with two ideas whilst awaiting sleep.im pretty sure that the elders or war council here in Watershield won't like either of them but I must have confidence. After all I also have to help Donu with her problem, and if I become a captain my influence will grow a little bit to help her...i don't know if she is using me or not diary but my heart swells whenever I am near her...am i falling for someone I've only interacted with because I helped train her...or helped her with a problem? I don't know, I think I'm getting sick and I should probably head to the chief doctor for a remedy....if he has one for my symptoms.

-Zefer
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #766 on: December 30, 2017, 03:18:32 pm »

Works for me ! I'll soon be promoting Zefer to a ranger squad, using swords and bows. It will likely be a small squad at first, and Zefer will have to drill his own recruits, but that's definitely something we can do. I'll make sure to tell you when he receives his promotion.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 01, 2018, 02:20:56 pm »

Works for me ! I'll soon be promoting Zefer to a ranger squad, using swords and bows. It will likely be a small squad at first, and Zefer will have to drill his own recruits, but that's definitely something we can do. I'll make sure to tell you when he receives his promotion.
I'm game! I can get some fine rangers out there
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #768 on: January 01, 2018, 10:07:15 pm »

While I am at it, I think it's more than time to get a color scheme for both the kingdom and the Riverguard. So why not decide that while I work on the next update? We'd need those for painting shields and for the flags aswell.
If you want to pick two colors for the Nation of Pearls, and one color for the Riverguard, you'll make me a happy man.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 01, 2018, 10:14:04 pm »

While I am at it, I think it's more than time to get a color scheme for both the kingdom and the Riverguard. So why not decide that while I work on the next update? We'd need those for painting shields and for the flags aswell.
If you want to pick two colors for the Nation of Pearls, and one color for the Riverguard, you'll make me a happy man.
Oh I can think of a few, these colors will intimidate even the dragons that hide in the caves!
"Men! On my count!"

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 02, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »

Out of curiosity, what is the symbol of Mong Kima / Watershields (River Guard)?

Also, colors that pop into my head are Red & Gold, and Black & Green. Maybe Blue and Black because river, idk, lol.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 02, 2018, 02:02:04 pm »

Out of curiosity, what is the symbol of Mong Kima / Watershields (River Guard)?

Also, colors that pop into my head are Red & Gold, and Black & Green. Maybe Blue and Black because river, idk, lol.
I was thinking of a more regal approach, a pearlish white circle surrounded by a border of purple and a gold trim on the edge of the shield, mostly because we are the last bastion of the queens seat of power not to mention that the white circle is in fact a pearl.
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #772 on: January 02, 2018, 03:13:37 pm »

The symbol of Mong Kima is an image of crown. It's not really remarkable, aside from it's name, The Mechanism of Mortality. People love symbolism that's for sure.
The symbol of the Riverguard is a shield with five arrows shot at it.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 02, 2018, 04:06:26 pm »

The symbol of Mong Kima is an image of crown. It's not really remarkable, aside from it's name, The Mechanism of Mortality. People love symbolism that's for sure.
The symbol of the Riverguard is a shield with five arrows shot at it.

Is there any way we could get some simple concept art w/ various colors/designs to choose from?

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #774 on: January 02, 2018, 04:20:42 pm »

That's how I designed the Mong Kima's symbol. For the Riverguard and Watershield, I must admit I haven't gave it too much of a thought, because we haven't crafted a lot of those symbols, but surely we need a definite design. So I've been thinking about those :

I'm more leaning toward number 1, because it's more compact mostly. As for the colors... I really have no idea. Maybe something to evoke the copper and silver we're getting from the war, and the water we're sitting on ? Or some red/orange to remind of the unusual haircolors of the people who live here ? We need something to symbolize what we are. But I don't have a list of color schemes to chose from, but I'm open to any suggestions

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 02, 2018, 04:44:31 pm »

The first is nice, but maybe arrange the arrows in a slight arc? So that they all point to the centre of the shield.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 02, 2018, 05:36:57 pm »

That's how I designed the Mong Kima's symbol. For the Riverguard and Watershield, I must admit I haven't gave it too much of a thought, because we haven't crafted a lot of those symbols, but surely we need a definite design. So I've been thinking about those :

I'm more leaning toward number 1, because it's more compact mostly. As for the colors... I really have no idea. Maybe something to evoke the copper and silver we're getting from the war, and the water we're sitting on ? Or some red/orange to remind of the unusual haircolors of the people who live here ? We need something to symbolize what we are. But I don't have a list of color schemes to chose from, but I'm open to any suggestions
Throwing a blazon into drawshield (with appropriate coloring, though it's easily changeable) generates this

Quarterly azure and copper, 5 arrows argent

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #777 on: January 02, 2018, 05:54:28 pm »

I actually like this ! Are you guys okay with that? That seems pretty good to me !

Edit : Maybe we can keep my first design for the flag, with the arrows bent in a slight circle, and use Lemonpie's variation for shields ?

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 03, 2018, 11:00:16 am »

I actually like this ! Are you guys okay with that? That seems pretty good to me !

Edit : Maybe we can keep my first design for the flag, with the arrows bent in a slight circle, and use Lemonpie's variation for shields ?

Yeah!  Though I'd like to vote against the "slight circle" idea--not to be a jerk, but simply because I don't think that's normal for heraldry.  Art of that style and age (speaking in the real world, of course) didn't do much with subtle changes/curves, gradients, and/or perspective.  Having five parallel arrows communicates the idea of "yup, you're being shot by five arrows" and that's about where it would end.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 03, 2018, 08:24:33 pm »

I tried to juggle a three way conversation, so let me know if it is hard to follow. This is the summer update for Donu I may do another one for Duslud, or I may wait till a later season.

“All right recruits, we’re going to start with a dodging demonstration, find a partner and pair up.”

Sirris shuffled over to Digo and began preparing for a long day of training. Before Thrathnu could start the class, he was interrupted by a knock on the barracks door.

“Ah Zefer, here to give the new recruits a demonstration?” Thrathnu turned to the audience of young recruits, “Zefer was in your shoes just 2 years ago, and look at him now. He’s up for promotion to squad leader.”

Zefer brushed his hair back anxiously, “Thanks captain I, uh, actually wanted to talk to you.” He paused, clearly nervous in front of the youngsters, “Just wanted to pick your brain about running a squad.”

“Ah, you always were a diligent student, come with me, I’ll give you some pointers.” Before leaving, Thrathnu turned to the recruits, “You’re not off the hook yet, take 5 laps around the barracks, and report back when you’re done.”

After everyone gave a disheartened “yes sir” Thrathnu retreated to his office with Zefer to talk about military hierarchy.

Sirris sighed and began heading out of the barracks to begin her laps, before she was distracted by a whistle from the other side of the barracks. When she looked over towards the sound of the whistle she saw Donu peaking around the corner, waving her over.

“Hurry, before Thratpin gets back!” She tried to whisper

Sirris looked over to make sure no one else noticed, and rushed over to join Donu. “Hey Donu, what are you doing here?”

Donu beamed down at Sirris, “Breaking you out.” She reached into her backpack and pulled out a couple waterskins and some food, “We’re meeting Zefer at the gate, and I brought snacks.” She handed Sirris one of Mate’s famous mystery meals and they began walking to the gate.

“So, I guess your feeling a bit better about your mom?”

“I still don’t really want to talk about it,” They walked in silence for a bit, “I think living in the temple helped. I feel less…. weighed down by it. I don’t really know how to say it but… I feel like I’ve had time to decide how I feel.”

“When my mom was killed I was pretty young, so it was different… but I still miss her. I think it helps having people to talk to.” Sirris leaned over and gave Donu a little hug.

“I’m glad I found someone else in the fort who isn’t so uptight.”

Just before they reached the last gate, Zefer caught up to them.

“Hey guys... er… girls.”

“Hey Zefer you finally got away from captain Thratpin.”

“Yeah…. He actually had some really good advice-”

“BOOOORRRRIINNNNGGGG.” Donu made a face, and did her best Thrathnu impression. “No eating, only training. Run more laps. Put some effort into those swings.” She accompanied this with a pantomime of the captain pointing at recruits and cracking a whip.

“He wasn’t that bad.”

“You’re a great person Donu, but that impression was pretty bad.”

“Sirris? Even you?

“Sorry, no one’s perfect you know.”

“Oh yeah? I still graduated from military school, I can beat you in a fight.”

“No need to fight, we wouldn’t want to get in even more trouble.” Zefer interjected.

“I’m sorry if I got you in trouble, we can go back if you want.”

“No one’s going to get into trouble. Zefer’s just in love with me, so I get to boss him around.”

Sirris looked back at Zefer, who’s face matched the color of his red hair, “Yeah” he muttered.

“So I guess this is a date then huh?” Donu turned to look at Zefer, a twinge of red on her face as well.

Sirris looked between the two. “I’ve always wanted to try my hand at fishing, why don’t you two go on ahead while I see what I can catch in this pond.”

Zefer and Donu nodded and wandered off to the other side of the pond and talked for a bit. As the day began to wind down, they grabbed Sirris and returned to the fort.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:01:39 pm by Megaman_zx »

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111