Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1191011 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 146 Crits all around
« Reply #4815 on: March 06, 2016, 01:22:39 pm »

((Stop dodging so I can murder you!))
((You first!))

Instead of trying to split focus between a sword attack and a spell (which apparently meant the sacrifice of the spell) Chorkinaan casts a spell to raise The rigidity of Henry's skin, with the only parameter in mind being "a lot." Use the chaotic essence for this.

You need to slow down!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:28:36 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: March 06, 2016, 03:26:22 pm »

Continue going east, create 3 more essences.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: March 06, 2016, 03:37:43 pm »

Ow. That hurt. A lot. Ugh.  Still, could have been worse. Any explosion you can walk away from... Oh wait.
"Sure could've. I don't know whether to call you brave or stupid."
Heal Skelly.
Turn the omnicube into a winch, including a chain and hook. Toss the hook to Skelly and reel him in once he hooks it around himself.
Or just drag him to safety the old fashioned way if I can't get the winch working.

Occasionally glance at the eye covered blob.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: March 06, 2016, 03:43:15 pm »

Wayfarer was pleased. What he saw in the distance looked like a font of magic. He would need to prepare in order to capture it, however. But first he wanted a mask.

A simple trick his first master had taught him came to mind. It was much easier to craft items magically by shaping material, compared to simply conjuring the item out of the air.

Wayfarer creates(-1 or 0) a chunk of solid force, using a +1 CMP essence and a +1 POT essence, then plays solid force essence roulette.

((Also, Old King Coal is still on the list of living characters. As much as his incredible reality warping insanity needs to be memorialized, I don't think he's still alive...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: March 06, 2016, 04:28:19 pm »

Ow. That hurt. A lot. Ugh.  Still, could have been worse. Any explosion you can walk away from... Oh wait.
"Sure could've. I don't know whether to call you brave or stupid."
This time I'd say I was stupid. I should've used Vortex Bane. After all, its already extremely resistant to magic and physical attacks.

I think I know a way to pay back my new debt to you. Quick question. Do you mind if I make you immune to blades?

Skelliborn:

Action:

Use a 1 turn ritual magic to make James immune to sharp objects.

Mods: -1 Side effect: a tattoo of a runic blade appears on James hand.
((I'm using blade shaped tattoos as a way to enchant people the same way as I can enchant normal blades. As such, the ruins within any given blade tattoo are the Blade ruins for whatever spell I cast on that person. ))

Essence Usage:
3 Blade essences +1CMP
Blade essence +1/+1

Item Sacrifices:
The coal like blade which I tried to use to block the electricity

Once James has healed me, get out of the liquid.

((The tattoo shouldn't make a difference for this spell due to how strictly it relates to blades. The technique is more magic theory for seeing if I can add blade enchants to people/ creatures/ non-blade objects))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: March 06, 2016, 11:25:49 pm »

I'm still waiting on my Quicktopic actions, by the way.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: March 07, 2016, 12:02:10 am »

Instead of trying to split focus between a sword attack and a spell (which apparently meant the sacrifice of the spell)

((this is my passive aggressive way of saying I think you forgot an action last turn.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: March 07, 2016, 01:46:58 am »

That was exactly how I didn't plan this.

Prepare to fight for survival: Create hard wood spikes from my exterior shell pointing up and down in such manner that I'm hard to swallow whole. Use +1/+1.
Fight defensively.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 145 Unpacking
« Reply #4823 on: March 07, 2016, 01:22:18 pm »

Although a good whack was one of the first things that came to mind, Jiksap realized it would be much, much easier to just use magic instead. Making the tumblers do his bidding can't be that hard, can it?

Also, suspicious mud spot. Hmmm.

Use a spell to unlock the lock. 1 essence afterwards. Keep a lookout for potential sea monsters, magical or mechanical chest traps, or other malignant phenomena.

(Forget something? ;))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: March 07, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »

"Immune to blades? Can't say that's a huge priority since I've already got this armour and healing. Can't hurt though, unless I'm trapped and have to saw off my legs to escape or something. Sure, go for it. Just make sure I can still shave and trim my nails."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: March 07, 2016, 01:50:53 pm »

"Water, cold, sand... Now even the most basic elements, those I should have mastery of, oppose me!"

Fry this sand blob into glass with extreme prejudice! Using 1 essence to assure moderate success. Run away if this fails really badly.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: March 07, 2016, 04:19:16 pm »

Instead of trying to split focus between a sword attack and a spell (which apparently meant the sacrifice of the spell)
((this is my passive aggressive way of saying I think you forgot an action last turn.))

So I did. Damnit.

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [1+1=2]

Henry's skin turns rugged in patches, becoming akin to leather. This, while dulling Henry's sense of touch does little to stop him from trying to punch Chorkinaans head off.

{Bit of a pity you rolled one on POT. I had began thinking up having Henry suffer dammage equal to his STR roll due to him breaking apart his own skin to the point of flaying himself.}

I'm still waiting on my Quicktopic actions, by the way.
Quicktopic is the one place that does not tell me when people write on it. There are few things to clear out, but afterwards I'll do all the turns I owe you.

((I think my turn may have been missed.))

((That aside, a suggestion: DG, could you mark the tower on the map if it's officially present? It's quite an important landmark in my opinion.

Also, can anyone explain how rituals currently work? I see no mention of them in the OP, and I'm not even sure whether we're still using the original system.))

I did intend to mark the tower before but messeed up the time managment and didn't make it. It should be there on next turn. It has been added as has been your missing turn.

As for Rituals, the stuff is still kinda hanging in the air. I'm considering just cutting all the complex ideas and making it as follows:

1)Wizard begins casting a ritual, specifying the intended effect and ritual sacrifices(items).
2)CMP and POT are rolled, essence boosting is allowed. On CMP 1 the ritual fails. On CMP 6 the ritual fires off early. Either effect can be avoided by burning one of the ritual sacrifices. POT is pooled.
3)Repeat 2 until wizard decides the ritual is powered enough.
4)Ritual fires off, remaining sacrifices are destroyed adding 2 POT per sacrifice.

Limits: 3 sacrifices per wizard, sacrifices have to be related to the effect of the ritual, all sacrifices have to be diferent.

Would this work?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: March 07, 2016, 04:29:36 pm »

I use my essences to create a Law Field, to put an end to this wild magic storm
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: March 07, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

As for Rituals, the stuff is still kinda hanging in the air. I'm considering just cutting all the complex ideas and making it as follows:

1)Wizard begins casting a ritual, specifying the intended effect and ritual sacrifices(items).
2)CMP and POT are rolled, essence boosting is allowed. On CMP 1 the ritual fails. On CMP 6 the ritual fires off early. Either effect can be avoided by burning one of the ritual sacrifices. POT is pooled.
3)Repeat 2 until wizard decides the ritual is powered enough.
4)Ritual fires off, remaining sacrifices are destroyed adding 2 POT per sacrifice.

Limits: 3 sacrifices per wizard, sacrifices have to be related to the effect of the ritual, all sacrifices have to be diferent.

Would this work?

So, basically multi-turn casting with sacrifices and fail chance tossed in? Definitely better than the existing system, that's for sure. I'm still kinda disappointed that it's so bland, but if I'm perfectly honest with myself, a more in-depth one wouldn't really suit the game.

So yeah, sounds good.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: March 07, 2016, 07:03:34 pm »

Yeah, it would work just fine.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 506