Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Nothing, forever  (Read 2692 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing, forever
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2023, 04:02:25 pm »

Smells like a business opportunity:

Tired of never being sure of what you're going to get in the virtual realms? Never sure if it's safe for you and your family? Tired of having your information encrypted?

Now try "Reality" - where you can be sure of what you're getting! We have carefully constructed an environment which constrains you to physical reality, so you can control who is close to your loved ones, you can limit what you can hear by simply moving away or making other loud noises, and if someone wants to cause you mayhem they have to procure expensive physical objects and get physically close to you! Documents are immutable unless physically or chemically altered, immune from corruption by malware!

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2023, 01:04:12 am »

Plus, twitch probably has some dude being paid a dollar a hour in a third world country to go through like 100 reports per hour, who doesn't have the time for a nuanced moral debate and just went "well this is clearly anti-trans jokes" and hit the ban button.

Yeah, that's... basically the whole thing that happened. The software to keep the show 100% certified squeaky-clean didn't work, the AI said something slightly questionable as a result. Some underpaid worker who has to go through tons of these jumped the gun. Do I think the AI was promoting transphobia? Well, no, if anything it was doing the opposite. But some things are better when they're apolitical.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2023, 12:49:21 pm »

On a similar note to this:

https://www.twitch.tv/unlimitedsteam

Someone has made an AI that just runs endless Steamed Hams variations.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2023, 10:24:22 pm »

I've been watching this all day. So many laughs. I can't remember the last time I was this happy!

My favorite cycles so far:
Skinner begins invoking various Greek Gods by name, asking them to help him with his burnt food problem.
Skinner begins cursing, a lot.
Skinner starts talking about his sexual relationship with Chalmers.
Skinner describes, in great detail, the wizard responsible for creating the illusion which Chalmers perceives as fire in the kitchen.
Chalmers reveals that the Steamed Ham incident was how he and Skinner first met.
Skinner climbs out his window and murders a man, then serves his brain to Chalmers in place of the dish of Steamed Mustard which he burnt.
Skinner replaces his burnt Penne Rigate with Orantium. When Chalmers asks why, Skinner explains that he received a vision from the Ancient Chef Gods instructing him to serve Orantium so that he might bring peace and harmony to his kitchen. It still caught fire anyway.
Skinner offers a cat a can of Tuna if it will help him cook his food, but the cat refuses. With no other recourse, Skinner offers Chalmers a bar of chocolate he found in the garbage.
Skinner blames his burnt food and kitchen fire on aliens.
Skinner gets stuck in a loop, thinking of lies to cover up lies that were coverups for other lies that were coverups for other lies...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 04:13:18 pm by Folly »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2023, 04:24:41 pm »

"it's not smoke, it's just miasma"

just now, episode just start about min 38 of the current stream
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2023, 08:50:59 pm »

Saw one earlier with "Nice to finally meet you Seymore" "Superintendent Chalmers, loooooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOoooOOOOooo"
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyLittleGullKappaClaus-mhCJBD1icWwryD54

Just had Chalmers turn into a demon.

EDIT: Seymore burned the Organic Foods Act of 1999 and replaced it with white beans. He had no idea how to grow them, so he wanted to do research on it.

Then he proclaimed the beans were quantumally enhanced. And that the fire was a meteor shower.

Seymore then reminded Chalmers he needed to get his umbrella in the event of rain, Chalmers said it looked good but there may be a meteor shower.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 09:30:07 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]