Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 105281 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #465 on: October 23, 2015, 10:53:32 am »

I disagree, I think we're being too active.  We don't need to influence everything - yes, the temptation to poof a rabbit and forcibly convert Suha is strong, but we're a God.  That's not how we roll.  We let our followers do their thing and support and guide them.  If Eve calls for our blessing, THEN poof a rabbit.  Until then, we don't need to poke our nose in.

Don't forget, we already made one miracle today - the strand of fire that Eve strung her bow with.  We're not forgotten, and she knows we're always with her.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 23, 2015, 11:49:59 am »

We should just inspire Eve to recruit Suha and revisit the idea of "enhancing" him or whatever later.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 23, 2015, 02:25:35 pm »

Let's make a white bunny with red eyes appear. With uncanny similarity as fluffy. See what happens.
but no conversation. we need to get better at doing things more subtly than just screaming at anyone who looks in our direction.

You have a point. +1

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 23, 2015, 02:51:57 pm »

I disagree, I think we're being too active.  We don't need to influence everything - yes, the temptation to poof a rabbit and forcibly convert Suha is strong, but we're a God.  That's not how we roll.  We let our followers do their thing and support and guide them.  If Eve calls for our blessing, THEN poof a rabbit.  Until then, we don't need to poke our nose in.

Don't forget, we already made one miracle today - the strand of fire that Eve strung her bow with.  We're not forgotten, and she knows we're always with her.
We cannot, physically, do everything.
However:
If Eve can open Suha to us, then I see no reason not to give him our blessing.  He did not spill blood, and Eve chose to spare him.  We stand beside Eve and her decision.
Maybe a dream sequence.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 23, 2015, 03:07:03 pm »

Just mentally greet Suha by saying "Hello". Refrain from saying anything else.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 23, 2015, 03:09:01 pm »

No no no, we are a GOD, we do not greet people with a "Hello" unless they are also gods.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 23, 2015, 03:18:54 pm »

No no no, we are a GOD, we do not greet people with a "Hello" unless they are also gods.
Therefore we might establish a better connection with Suha. I imagine people aren't talking to gods on a regular basis, so it's gotta make an impression, and it's hard to not believe in it being a direct sign from a god, and not some coincidence like a bunny walking around in the forest.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 23, 2015, 03:33:17 pm »

Send Suha a realistic and memorable dream about being a rabbit being chased by foxes then hiding in a den underground.

Should be cheaper then altering the real world and it might at least show him we have some power.

Also messing with mortals in non-lethal ways seems fun.  Let's see how he interprets and reacts to the dream to learn more about him.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:34:50 pm by VoidSlayer »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 23, 2015, 03:37:01 pm »

Send Suha a realistic and memorable dream about being a rabbit being chased by foxes then hiding in a den underground.

Should be cheaper then altering the real world and it might at least show him we have some power.

Also messing with mortals in non-lethal ways seems fun.  Let's see how he interprets and reacts to the dream to learn more about him.
+1 to this, if Suharabbit pushed into the safe den by Alore's rabbit avatar in the dream.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 23, 2015, 03:39:29 pm »

+1 to this, if Suharabbit pushed into the safe den by Alore's rabbit avatar in the dream.

Meh, details whatever.

Also maybe we should try and give Eve a fire vision of the most dangerous thing she will face over the next couple of weeks when she makes her next sacrifice.  Prophecy can be a powerful tool to protect her and show her value to the commander.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 23, 2015, 04:16:56 pm »

we cant see the future.....I don't think anyone can.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 23, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »

Do NOT interfere just yet!  Eve needs to do her thing.  No red-eyed rabbits, no fires, no mental communication.  Just let Eve talk to him.

THEN, once she's done, we can send Suha a rabbit dream.  Until then, we would only muck things up by doing another "show of force".

I s2g,  we should have been the god of schizophrenics, not rabbits....

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 23, 2015, 05:43:03 pm »

Do NOT interfere just yet!  Eve needs to do her thing.  No red-eyed rabbits, no fires, no mental communication.  Just let Eve talk to him.

THEN, once she's done, we can send Suha a rabbit dream.  Until then, we would only muck things up by doing another "show of force".

I s2gu,  we should have been the god of schizophrenics, not rabbits....
FTFY.
Yes.  This.
Sigtext

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 23, 2015, 11:37:36 pm »

I s2gu,  we should have been the god of schizophrenics, not rabbits....
FTFY.
Yes.  This.
+ yes
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 24, 2015, 09:28:36 am »

Continue to watch. If we want to interact in any way, I'd say we do it afterwards by affirming Eve's action with a loving rabbit summon to calm her nerves.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47