Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: History Generator Simulator  (Read 26835 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History Generator Simulator
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2016, 12:25:51 pm »

Seems you missed something else, too.
line 385 in history_generator.py
Code: [Select]
                            nation.remove_city(revolted_city)
replace with:
                            nation.remove_city(city)
At least I assume it should be city, because that's the variable you're iterating with.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2016, 02:42:28 pm »

Regarding revolting cities: It seems they don't update their color properly.
Taste my Paci-Fist

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2016, 10:00:07 pm »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xl92dmwh1r0903u/History+Generator-2016-04-08.zip

2016-04-08
Major changes:
- Added significantly more researches.

Minor changes:
- Renamed some researches.
- Decreased base population capacities.
- Increased money productions.
- Allowed individual soldiers to move slightly faster than their unit (so they can form up better).

Bug fixes:
- Fixed some bugs with revolts (thanks Antsan).
- Fixed bug with the GUI showing army details.
- Fixed bug where units would reload despite not being in range.
- Properly placed center of unit (in the center on the front rank).

Seems you missed something else, too.
line 385 in history_generator.py
                            nation.remove_city(revolted_city)
replace with:
                            nation.remove_city(city)
At least I assume it should be city, because that's the variable you're iterating with.

Argh again. Yep. I guess I didn't test this release as thoroughly as I should have (or programmed as carefully as I should have).

Regarding revolting cities: It seems they don't update their color properly.

Hm. You're right. Thanks for all the help, by the way.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2016, 04:39:25 am »

I love to help. This simulation is already quite good and it's promising to become really awesome.

Say, could you reintroduce an option to run the simulation without any interruption at all? As it is, I need to restart it every time there's a battle. In times when there's multiple battles per year that can get really tedious.
Taste my Paci-Fist

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2016, 07:30:41 am »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b507v5464orchp/History+Generator-2016-04-10.zip

2016-04-10
Major changes:
- Added famous people (full list of roles below), which replace the old office system. Some currently have no purpose other than for flavor text.
    - Rulers: Increase morale of nation
    - Administrators: Increase tax rate of nation
    - Scientists: Increase research rate of nation
    - Revolutionary: Decrease morale of nation
    - Philosopher, writer, artist, oracle, priest, hero, general: Nothing yet

Minor changes:
- Added hunting lodge.
- Added ability to view notable people of a nation.
- Increased probability of sending caravans.
- Added ruler to nation's information GUI.
- Some small optimizations.
- Re-added "run continuously" option.

I love to help. This simulation is already quite good and it's promising to become really awesome.

Say, could you reintroduce an option to run the simulation without any interruption at all? As it is, I need to restart it every time there's a battle. In times when there's multiple battles per year that can get really tedious.

Thank you! As it is, I personally think it's still very lacking (from what I envision), although I am making some progress. Also, I did add a much more comprehensive list of things I want to add (planned.md in the Github repository).

Well, yes, I could (and just did). A couple things about that though:

1. While you can't have it run forever, there is the "Advance by" thing, which lets you advance it by hundreds of years (or more) at a time. Given how the simulation usually takes a while to run, that's almost equivalent to forever.

2. With the previous run continuously option, trying to pause the simulation would freeze it sometimes, and I have no idea why. Therefore, re-implementing the run continuously will probably bring that problem back. If you keep the between step time (the simulation speed) at or above 300 ms though, it seems to pause more reliably, so you might want to try that if you're having problems.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2016, 01:56:57 pm »

I just saw a giant nation, age 125, ruled by a revolutionary, age 126. That doesn't seem right. Do people have a maximum age already? And a minimum age to become active?

I realize this is still in its early stages. Still, it's a lot of fun to watch. The idea of what might be only helps. ;D
Taste my Paci-Fist

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2016, 02:10:05 am »

Just saw something absurd: Units with spears were attacking units with hammers. The soldiers with the spears were all killed when attacking the hammermen without the hammermen ever being in reach.
I assume this happens due to the hammermen winning the attack as soon as the attack is started when they are in reach of the spears.
I think loosing a roll should only reduce health points if the loosing unit is in reach of the enemies' weapons.
Taste my Paci-Fist

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2016, 06:52:52 am »

I just saw a giant nation, age 125, ruled by a revolutionary, age 126. That doesn't seem right. Do people have a maximum age already? And a minimum age to become active?

I realize this is still in its early stages. Still, it's a lot of fun to watch. The idea of what might be only helps. ;D

Yeah, right now I have it so that every year, there's a 1 in 60 chance that the person will die, with the idea that the average person will live to be approximately 60 (well-off person, anyway, and I think all of the notable people qualify). Naturally, people sometimes die early, and...sometimes live to be 126 years old. I think I need to change it though, because, just testing it out, I see that some people live in excess of 200 years, which is just wrong. Although...this is an alien planet, so there's technically no reason that it has to be a roughly 100 year life span.

Just saw something absurd: Units with spears were attacking units with hammers. The soldiers with the spears were all killed when attacking the hammermen without the hammermen ever being in reach.
I assume this happens due to the hammermen winning the attack as soon as the attack is started when they are in reach of the spears.
I think loosing a roll should only reduce health points if the loosing unit is in reach of the enemies' weapons.

Yep that's what happened. It used to make sense to do it that was (it's from way back in the day when everybody had the same weapon), but now I need to change it. However, before I change it, I think I'm going to add in "reload times" for melee weapons, because not all weapons can attack at the same speed, and it could slightly balanced the field between longer weapons like spears and a shorter weapon like a hammer (because otherwise you'd never get close enough with a hammer).

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2016, 08:08:47 am »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2shdqnzczn7bz1/History+Generator-2016-04-15.zip

Not much new stuff here.

2016-04-15
Major changes:
- All weapons now have a reload time, which reflects how quickly a soldier can attack with them.
- Restructured and properly applied technology bonuses to resource production.

Minor changes:
- Troops no longer increase strength, health, and discipline by as much as they go up tiers.
- Priests can now make a religion more or less tolerance (if effectiveness is greater than 1, more tolerant, if less than 1, less tolerant.)
- Ruler no longer adds any bonus to nation other than morale.
- Changed reloading speed.
- Dramatically decreased the chance of a notable person being born.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug with ranged units and aiming ahead.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2016, 09:28:10 pm »

Oh wow, has this changed in the time I've been gone. Full world map, with procedurally generated map, individual buildings, a full upgrade list, wow. Quite good!

I can't seem to pan around when in a zoomed in view. Is there a keybind I'm missing?

Bugs/Errors I've found:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2016, 02:26:05 pm »

Oh wow, has this changed in the time I've been gone. Full world map, with procedurally generated map, individual buildings, a full upgrade list, wow. Quite good!

I can't seem to pan around when in a zoomed in view. Is there a keybind I'm missing?

Bugs/Errors I've found:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/38l2qt2fi3djt64/History+Generator-2016-05-10.zip

That was an incredibly stupid error. I don't even know how that happened. It's fixed.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2016, 06:11:08 am »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6f3fs3a1hc11uuz/History_Generator-2016-05-16.zip

First update containing actual content in a long time.

Now we have art, and more sensible caravans (actually trade resources, prices fluctuate according to consumption, at least a little). See the Art and Art Details sections of the readme on the GitHub page () for more details about the art.

2016-05-17
Major changes:
- Caravans now actually carrying goods from place to place (food, leather, et cetera), as well as a generic "trade goods" (so that caravans always make at least some money).
- Added fluctuating prices for goods in cities.
- Artists, writers, and composers now create works of art.

Minor changes:
- Added taverns, libraries, and caravansaries (increases the chances of sending out a caravan).
- Tweaked some building stats.
- Added a research that increases the amount of building space available.
- Decreased chance of war declarations.
- Added composers.
- Simplified date to (year, month, day) (instead of (year, month, day, hour, minute)).
- Changed the rainfall generation print out to a progress bar.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug where dead people still did things.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2016, 08:27:40 am »

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i4hvdoi7ve1cx4d/History+Generator-2016-05-29.zip

I didn't add much functionality in this release, but there are many more stats now available (such as battle statistics, and unit statistics). The plan is to use this information to allow the AI to make more informed decisions when re-arming their units, rather than just randomly choosing new weapons. Also I've made a lot of little improvements to art stuff.

2016-05-28
Major changes:
- Added statistics to battles (projectiles launched, projectiles hit, troops lost, troops killed, et cetera).
- Made units keep track of their stats, adding a new stats tracker every time they are rearmed.
- Added information GUI for culture (just displays art for now).

Minor changes:
- Improved languages so that words are more pronounceable.
- Added culture button to nation's information GUI.
- Miscellaneous message improvements.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed issue where some types of drawings would have no material.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7