Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 875903 times)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 9th January
« Reply #645 on: January 10, 2018, 05:16:41 pm »

Just throwing this out here because a lot of us enjoy the convenience of the PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack GUI to quickly change settings in the init files.
I was thinking, if possible, maybe just include the Starter Pack GUI (Striped down version of the full PE Starter Pack) with latest versions of Dwarf Therapist and SoundSense and start your own little Meph's DF Pack. Make life easy for all of your loyal followers! Just run it with your graphics and text options. What do you think!? :D

Obviously your in the middle of developing this graphics pack and there are many changes to come so this could be a temp work around until your pack is finished and you could release an official version specifically to add to PE's Starter Pack that includes and ties in all of your graphics packs features.

I think having the first option would be great, its all you need.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:26:48 pm by Hylum »
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #646 on: January 10, 2018, 05:32:57 pm »

I did that. It ended up in MasterworkDF. ^^

I do have the source code for the old LNP, before Peridexis took over. I could have a look at making a new set... but I'm not sure if I want to compete with the LNP. It's bad enough that I have a big mod and a big tileset, now my own starterpack? :P

Edit: PS: Peridexis doesn't want all the additions. The workshops for example he'd never include in his pack.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:34:29 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 10, 2018, 05:55:50 pm »

I did that. It ended up in MasterworkDF. ^^

I do have the source code for the old LNP, before Peridexis took over. I could have a look at making a new set... but I'm not sure if I want to compete with the LNP. It's bad enough that I have a big mod and a big tileset, now my own starterpack? :P

Edit: PS: Peridexis doesn't want all the additions. The workshops for example he'd never include in his pack.

Do it! :D haha
you wouldn't be competing with LNP your version can be very simple just have a GUI to easily chose a few options and change the init text files settings.
It would complement your mod and tileset and you could add in cool functionality as you go, just see it as part of your mod!

Exactly why you need your own because it cant be added to Peridexis starter pack without loosing parts that make your mod so awesome!

Masterwork was awesome! and I loved it but this would be much more simple.

I also think others here or myself could probably put something together for you if you need assistance. We are always happy to help!
☼MASTERWORK☼

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 10, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »

I think including the Lazy Newb Pack software in your pack is a great idea. You could use the graphics pack feature to allow players to easily switch between Vordak dwarves and Obsidian Dwarves. You could put all your color palettes in the colors folder to let users easily switch between them. You could put DFHack options in to let users easily enabled and disabled seasonal colors, change multi-level settings, forced redraw setting, and transparent workshop setting, etc. It will also let users more easily switch out which text font they want to use. And give everyone easy-access to Dwarf Therapist. (I suspect that of players don't know how to get (or don't want to mess with getting) Dwarf Therapist without a Lazy Newb Pack.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #649 on: January 10, 2018, 06:31:17 pm »

If I install python, learn python, and get the source code of the newest version. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 10, 2018, 06:41:33 pm »

There are pre-built binaries available. I could never use it if I had to compile it myself.

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 10, 2018, 08:36:59 pm »

tnuhnivad: What Jecowa said, but in addition to that you also need to generate a new world, and copy the dfhack (just the entire "df_44_03_win/hack" folder) I pack with it. It's different from the LNP version in so far that it includes a whole bunch of custom scripts by Roses, which allow me to change building subtypes in a running game through a reaction. It's absolutely necessary for the new workshops.

[/quote]
This is kind of complicated. The LNP includes a version without the decorations (paintings, pedestals that show the pedestal below the item on top, wooden floors, campfires.) You can add those features in, but save files made with the or that you install it into will not be compatible with the vanilla game anymore. (So you wouldn't want to do this in a community save unless everyone else was going to use this tileset too.)

To update the Meph included with the LNP to the latest version, including all the decorational items, download the Meph 32x + Dwarf Fortress for Windows bundle.

And from it, copy the "art" and "init" folders from its /df_44_03_win/data/ folder into the /LNP/graphics/Meph/data/ folder in the Lazy Newb Pack.

And then move the "objects" and "graphic" folders and the "onLoad.init" and "onLoad_twbt_meph.init" files from the /df_44_03_win/raw/ folder to the /LNP/graphics/Meph/raw/ folder.
[/quote]

Thanks guys!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 10, 2018, 10:57:36 pm »

you wouldn't be competing with LNP your version can be very simple
just have a GUI to easily chose a few options and change the init text files settings.
That sounds pretty similar to the Starter Pack to me  :P

PS: Peridexis doesn't want all the additions. The workshops for example he'd never include in his pack.
FWIW I'd be very happy to include them as a mod, just not as a graphics pack (because that could break saves if people changed graphics).

Someone might need to upgrade PyLNP's mod handling for this to work reliably, though  :(
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:57 pm »

FWIW I'd be very happy to include them as a mod, just not as a graphics pack (because that could break saves if people changed graphics).

Someone might need to upgrade PyLNP's mod handling for this to work reliably, though  :(

PyLNP's merging eats objects files unless they are specially-crafted to work together in PyLNP. In its present state, I would need to update the other graphics packs to safely merge with the mod too.

I think it's just the triple merge that has the problem. As long as mods and graphics packs don't edit the same files, it works fine.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #654 on: January 11, 2018, 09:43:53 am »

You might want to test this: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13401

Launcher with utilities, new init settings, twbt settings, the three tilesets. Also balancing options for all civs and fortress defense mod. Also all civs playable if you like, but still on vanilla settings.

It's probably going to implode and erupt in a plethora of bugs (the launcher, not the tileset), so please let me know what happens when you try it out. ^^

Edit: Screenshots:

Spoiler: Balancing and civs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Worldgen Editor (click to show/hide)

The balancing settings you can change:
 - If merchants come early or late.
 - If sieges come early or late.
 - Who is your ally/enemy. (you can play with hostile elves, no humans and friendly goblins for example)
 - If merchants bring bodyguards.
 - How the AI works on sieges: Normal, besieges your fort (waits outside with campfires), or giant ambushes.
 - If enemies spawn ambushes or not.
 - Which season they are active. (4 dwarven caravans per year? Oh, yeah. Or no sieges at all in winter? no problem)
 - Combat skills. You can automatically add X points to all combat skills of any race. (For example all goblins get 5 points extra)

Utilities included are the same as the LNP, plus a few more.

Edit: apparently the "play DF" button and the open-folder buttons dont work atm. ^^
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:24:02 am by Meph »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 11, 2018, 12:58:07 pm »

I think including the Lazy Newb Pack software in your pack is a great idea. You could use the graphics pack feature to allow players to easily switch between Vordak dwarves and Obsidian Dwarves. You could put all your color palettes in the colors folder to let users easily switch between them. You could put DFHack options in to let users easily enabled and disabled seasonal colors, change multi-level settings, forced redraw setting, and transparent workshop setting, etc. It will also let users more easily switch out which text font they want to use. And give everyone easy-access to Dwarf Therapist. (I suspect that of players don't know how to get (or don't want to mess with getting) Dwarf Therapist without a Lazy Newb Pack.

This Exactly what I was thinking! Also an easy way to view the world map with your world map tileset.

☼Mephs Map Tileset☼ - 16x/24x/32x tilesets for a nicer worldmap

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:42:03 pm by Hylum »
☼MASTERWORK☼

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 11, 2018, 01:00:33 pm »

Meph that was incredibly fast! haha! I will test it out today after work!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #657 on: January 11, 2018, 04:54:03 pm »

I did some more work on it. Changing overrides can be done with it, for example I made the constructed walls optional. Works on the fly too, you don't need to generate a new world. Just close DF, apply settings, start DF; it automatically works on all your saves.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 11, 2018, 04:56:50 pm »

That's awesome! Meph the MasterCraft Wizard!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 11, 2018, 05:15:54 pm »

What is the difference between these floodgate tiles? Difference from material, like doors?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 187