Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 877388 times)

dragonlotion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.3 - 32x - 44.05 - Updated 18th January
« Reply #780 on: January 19, 2018, 07:33:41 am »

I think so, unless you go to data/save/region and open the entity files, leave dwarves playable and remove playable from all other civs.

Thanks, that worked!

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 19, 2018, 01:12:21 pm »

I really love the look of your tileset, Meph, and I'm trying to get it working with Vordak's dwarves on a Mac after taking a long hiatus from DF. I notice it usually says Windows / Mac / Linux in the thread title, is it only possible to do by hand using the barebones version?

I'm quite sure Meph uses Vordak's dwarves as the default dwarves now? I could be wrong but I'm sure it was mentioned.

Anyways Meph even when it says winrar requires you to buy it you can click the close button and it works fine, millions ignore that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #782 on: January 19, 2018, 01:35:27 pm »

I use Vordaks dwarves, but not all the changes Vordak made.

For Mac, have a look at Jecowas Mac Starterpack, it includes the tileset. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 19, 2018, 01:57:58 pm »

.zip is built in to Windows explorer!  You right-click on a file or folder, then "Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder".  To decompress, you can just click on it and explore as you would a normal folder and copy-paste the contents out.
i just rightclick a folder -> 7zip -> add to archive - then i could select compression type and click on done and it starts compressing.
i do so for nearly 10 years now and it's more reliable than the standard windows explorer zip functionality.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 19, 2018, 02:16:37 pm »

Yeah, Vordak's dwarves are included with the Lazy Mac Pack. They're used in the main Meph tileset and there's also a second Meph tileset with some more changes from Vordak.

The downside of using it in the Lazy Mac Pack is that you don't get a lot of the special features - maybe most notably the workshops that are used to make things like paintings and wooden floors. The Lazy Mac Pack is also still on Meph 2.2 and doesn't include the new tiles for workshops under constructions and the new improved birds (which look really cute, btw).

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 19, 2018, 06:22:04 pm »

Any idea how to fix these animals?

dragonlotion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 19, 2018, 07:39:25 pm »

Marble walls and marble rocks (the ones that drop when the wall is mined) look the same, is this intentional? It's not a major problem, but it's a bit confusing.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 19, 2018, 08:43:45 pm »

Any idea how to fix these animals?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You found a bug. Open your /data/save/regionx/raw/graphics/graphics_4204_giant.txt file and change [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_MARMOT] to [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GIANT_MARMOT_HOARY].

Marble walls and marble rocks (the ones that drop when the wall is mined) look the same, is this intentional? It's not a major problem, but it's a bit confusing.

This might be a bug. You might try opening your /data/init/overrides.txt and adding a new line somewhere with this tag (but I don't know if this will help):
[OVERRIDE:137:B:BOULDER:BOULDER::_MDF_overrides_1:122] flux

Edit: I think you didn't update an objects file. Copy these two files from the "/raw/objects/" folder of Meph 2.3:
  • inorganic_stone_layer.txt
  • inorganic_stone_soil.txt
And paste them into your /data/save/regionx/raw/objects/ folder. It's really the stone_layer that you need for this, but you might as well get the stone_soil too while you're at it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:54:12 pm by jecowa »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 19, 2018, 10:00:08 pm »

Nice! thank you for the quick help! Now I know where all the giant creates are defined, never reaalized this file before.

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 20, 2018, 12:11:51 am »

Maybe i'm blind, but i can't find the decorational workshops anywhere!

I'm using Meph's Tileset launcher and the is mod active, but they are nowhere to be found in-game.

I read the description and generated a new world, but i can't seem to be able to build them.

Is that because i'm using a custom race? If yes, do dwarf caravans sell the decorations? or can i spawn them with DFhack?

Sorry if the question seems obvious, i'm new to Dwarf Fortress modding.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 20, 2018, 12:56:11 am »

Yes, it's because you are using a custom race (actually it's custom civ that causes it). I think the Mountain civilization will have some tags that your cob doesn't have that allows them to craft the decorative workshops. You might look around in entity_default.txt and copy some tags to your civ. I think the tags will have "reaction" in their names.

Qrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 6th January
« Reply #791 on: January 20, 2018, 01:57:01 am »

Gave axles/gears transparent backgrounds.

Windmills look fine but hanging axles/gears above empty space (with or without other axles/gears in such empty space) are drawn with a pure-blue background. Also, sometimes the tiles are not properly updated when switching z-levels. I just migrated a save from vanilla so I might have missed something?

dragonlotion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 20, 2018, 08:42:15 am »

This might be a bug. You might try opening your /data/init/overrides.txt and adding a new line somewhere with this tag (but I don't know if this will help):
[OVERRIDE:137:B:BOULDER:BOULDER::_MDF_overrides_1:122] flux

Edit: I think you didn't update an objects file. Copy these two files from the "/raw/objects/" folder of Meph 2.3:
  • inorganic_stone_layer.txt
  • inorganic_stone_soil.txt
And paste them into your /data/save/regionx/raw/objects/ folder. It's really the stone_layer that you need for this, but you might as well get the stone_soil too while you're at it.

I did both and neither worked, here are screenshots

Lithandrill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 20, 2018, 09:45:37 am »

Hi Meph,

Love the new tileset and launcher combo, glad to see you're back!
One thing: Could you turn off the arrow keys switching tabs in the launcher? Or at least make it not trigger while in a textbox? Right now it switches tabs whenever I want to move my typing cursor.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 20, 2018, 12:39:19 pm »

Spoiler: previous conversation (click to show/hide)

I did both and neither worked, here are screenshots

Sorry, it looks like you already had the updated objects file. It seems like either you are using an outdated /data/init/overrides.txt or overrides are not able to work with this type of rock.

It's supposed to look something like this:
Spoiler: doctered screenshots (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 187