Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 875903 times)

McOrigin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi!

First post on this forums just to let you know how awesome your tileset and pack is!
There are some things which I am not so sure about, maybe someone may clarify this:

1. In "World Gen." settings in the "Areas" box I set "Evil Areas" and Good Areas" to <0:0:0> but could not get any effect on world generation. Changing it to <1:1:0> seems to make a difference but not as I expected. Are those number "Tiles" or "Areas" or kind of "Percentage"?
I tried to get rid of Evil and Good Biomes entirely.

2. The "Tileset Legend" seems to be outdated or something is wrong with my game here:
-Petrified wood is shown as "Bricks"
-The table is looking way different than expected or shown in the legend.
-Flux stone like marble or chalk are rendered as "Rock 3" but with a blurry patch on it. Not as clear as "Flux" in the "Legend - Mail Tileset.png".
-Gem Stones are clearly not rendered as shown in the legend, with number of gems telling the value.
-All kind of Ores are .. I don't know .. hard to distinguish. I see the reference to the legend but it's hard to tell ingame which is what.

Maybe this is an issue with my screen resolution? Playing on 1920x1200 but read a 4k resolution is recommended. I tried the 24x24 version earlier but had to redownload and start with a clean version due to the blue and green outlines.

I might even consider to buy a new monitor just to play DF with this tileset, so great it is.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:14:16 am by McOrigin »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Mc origin, some of the falsely assigned overrides can be a result of some scripts working in a wrong way. i have even more of such problems because i can only use the LinuxLNP and copypaste mephs packs contents over - which means some DFHackscripts are outdated (compared to mephs features) and some inits will be overwritten each time i start the LNPlauncher.

Still loving your work meph! i still hope someone will write a linux version of your launcher soon.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

McOrigin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanky ou very much for your reply, Pvt. Pirate. I downloaded the pack from the first page of this thread and did not change anything myself, except some setting in the launcher.

When I hit "Play Dwarf Fortress" I receive a warning in the DF Hack Console regarding TWBT:

"Warning: Plugin twbt compiled for DFHack 0.44.09-r1-2-g0ea35a6e, running DFHack 0.44.09-r1-0-gb6311ec6"

I assume, while having no clue, that there is an incompatibility here. May that cause the wrong overrides and has nobody really experienced this before? Is there any way to fix this for a noob like me?

Just for reference how much of a noob I am: I browsed the filed in the "\Dwarf Fortress\data" and could not even find the tiles shown ingame..

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Nope, no incompatibility.

That warning is harmless.

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ETA for update to 44.10? dfhack r2 has been released.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

Meph is busy biking near Rome at the moment. Don't expect him for another week, by my guess. But idk his itinerary
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was able to use this tileset with 0.44.10 a few weeks ago by building DFHack and TWBT for it, and then copying the raws, graphics, settings, and so on from the 0.44.09 download. This is certainly something you could do yourself.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Itinerary is down to greece, up to norway and back down  with some detours to iceland, Malta, cyprus and the like. A bit more than a week.

Currently Biking/Climbing/Flying the highest mountain in every country in Europe, See my Facebook or the (rather empty) highpointride.com.

I do carry a tablet with me, but i dont have much down time to program anything. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

McOrigin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now I am a little bit jealous. Just a little bit. Enjoy your trip!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Now I am a little bit jealous. Just a little bit. Enjoy your trip!
now that you said it - i'm jealous too!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

I was able to use this tileset with 0.44.10 a few weeks ago by building DFHack and TWBT for it, and then copying the raws, graphics, settings, and so on from the 0.44.09 download. This is certainly something you could do yourself.
I'm interested. DFHack for 0.44.11 juust released. How do I do this?

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm interested. DFHack for 0.44.11 juust released. How do I do this?

Get a fresh copy of 0.44.11. Clone the DFHack source code (https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/), and build and install it according to its instructions, making sure you tell it where your DF is located. Clone a copy of the TWBT source code (https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt), then build and install it according to its instructions. It will need to know where your DF and your DFHack are. Then copy the DF config files and graphics from a previous release of Meph's tileset into your DF installation. Make sure you get the overrides.txt, since that's what tells TWBT which tiles to use for which things, and the dfhack.init script, which turns on TWBT.

At this point you have to decide if you want all of the modifications to the raws or not. I don't think any of them are vital, but many of them are worth having. Merging is important here; simply copying the raws from Meph's tileset will cause you to lose access to some of the features and bugfixes in 0.44.10 and 0.44.11. On the other hand, merging is complex and detail-oriented work; it'll take care and attention to detail to do correctly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just as a note: the altered raws are absolutely needed, because of the changed tile numbers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

Thankfully merging is going much easier with a simple diff checker.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use the Meph raws. There were no important raw changed between DF v0.44.07 and DF v0.44.11 - just some description changes of a few critters.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 187