Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1193097 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 191.0 Crispy good and Unexpected complications
« Reply #6255 on: October 01, 2016, 07:05:23 pm »

((You know, I do agree with you on certain points. But there are a few conditions attached.

-Do terraforming and make a fiery slave empire, if you like. Good for you, and I'd actually encourage it assuming you don't try enslaving actual players. The issue here is that you are doing it so close to everyone else, and that you have a reputation for mass murder.

-Sure, we can move the tower. But we won't, because we have better things to do. Find your own location.

As for the whole fighting/Kahel thing, I'm actually reasonably fine with it, on the condition that you guys mostly fight with other people who want to do PvP. When you're constantly harassing people who want no part in the duel and/or are much weaker than you, we have an issue. Also, mass murder. Don't do that.))

((It might be time for another mage council, actually. To try and resolve such things in a way acceptable to everyone. I'd be willing to ritual up an island-wide conference call if others are interested. Council chamber would be the backdrop, but I'm hesitant to host it in the actual tower again because that would open up a whole can of worms.))
((As a knowledge mage, could u create what amounts to the mage version of skype or something to host a video-conference-esque thing?))
Yeah, I'd join that conference.

Hm... Do you think that James might be able to help me move the portal?

Anyway, you know that I can reduce the heat generated by the portal while keeping the energy in the ritual intact, right? I just want to summon elementals while creating a way to defend myself at the same time. Is that so bad?
((Disregarding the TOAM rant because I am operating independent of any other actors that decided to join the fray.
Gambler is operating off of the following information:
"I hereby claim this land in the name of the Empire of the Eternal Sun. Terraforming will begin shortly. I recommend that anyone who does not want to slowly melt and eventually boil should prepare themselves for the coming heat or leave the metaphorical kitchen."
and
Temperature around the fire tree begins to rise rapidly, at about 20C per minute. The heat seems to be concentrated around the tree but it is only a matter of time until it spreads.
Considering that this area is:
A) Close to the spawn area
B) Close to the tower
and
C) Close to him
and that you have given no indication that you won't do so immediately, he would rather the area not become hot enough to cause "[people] to slowly melt and eventually boil", if only out of convenience. He would, for the record, be fine with the terraforming if it were done further away. If you make motions to show that you are not, in fact, going to heat up the land immediately in his vicinity, either through moving or through using the heat through other means, he will relent.))

((EDIT: Also, Gambler won't get involved in duels. Murder people individually all you want.))
As for those quotes... Originally, Karnax was going to be a mass-murdering pyromaniac who would summon fire elementals that would help him set everything on fire. Then, after refining the idea of the ritual that I was going to perform, his character concept changed to being a colonist for a slave empire. Finally, after I rolled a 1 for determining whether or not the Empire of the Eternal Sun actually existed, I decided that he would be a founder of a slave empire who has moved to the island because it's the multiversal equivalent of international waters and slavery is legal there.

Basically, the Karnax that made that quote isn't the one that is here now. As for the rapidly increasing temperature part... Well, to be honest, I had hoped that you wouldn't have been able to react this fast (I thought that the ritual would heat up to its maximum (determined by how much power I would put into it) instantly) before I made the surrounding area so inhospitable that you couldn't stop me without anti-fire wards, which would take long enough for you to set up for me to have already built up a sizable elemental army. Since that world island-domination attempt didn't go quite as planned, I'm willing to make peace.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: October 01, 2016, 07:39:10 pm »

I'm willing to make peace.
((You realize that until you post in public the action to end your potentially hostile actions that none of us can tell if you are bluffing about making peace or not.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: October 01, 2016, 08:10:17 pm »

I'm willing to make peace.
((You realize that until you post in public the action to end your potentially hostile actions that none of us can tell if you are bluffing about making peace or not.))
Oh, I'm still powering the ritual (I don't trust you to not start your ritual immediately after I stop mine and steal the portal), but I'll stop the ritual from increasing the temperature of the surrounding area and pour the energy that would have gone into raising the nearby temperature into elemental-summoning. (DG, that was an action, if you couldn't tell).

As for whether or not I'm genuine in my peace attempts... Sure, I could instantly fry James by turning on the heat again when/if he comes to help me move the portal, but then I'd have 9 other angry mages to deal with. Until I can dispose of all (or most) of T.O.A.M. at once or obtain a way to avoid your wrath, I won't dare to make any power plays against them (T.O.A.M.). Pax ab metibus.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:23:32 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: October 01, 2016, 08:41:54 pm »

Oh, I'm still powering the ritual (I don't trust you to not start your ritual immediately after I stop mine and steal the portal), but I'll stop the ritual from increasing the temperature of the surrounding area and pour the energy that would have gone into raising the nearby temperature into elemental-summoning. (DG, that was an action, if you couldn't tell).
((That works.))
In that case, create a basic LUCK ring using a +1/+1 essence, then make 2 essences. If it succeeds, go to Easter Sunday and attempt to complete the trade.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:45:56 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: October 01, 2016, 08:49:50 pm »

((OK, ATHATH,  it seems my allies still aren't very happy with this situation. Would you, by any chance, be willing to make a binding oath along the lines of "I will not attack tower people and/or try to commit mass murder unless provoked?" I think that would go a long way towards convincing them not to kill you.

*Note. There would have to be a literal-genie clause. We know you too well to leave something like that out.

Sorry about the hassle and all, but... yeah. Much as I want to make peace, I do think proof of good intentions and such might be a good idea.

T.O.A.M, I will personally help you guys with your fortress if you don't get the portal. Might not be an exact replacement for a giant combustion engine, but knowledge and binding can do some very interesting things in uberspells.))

Yeah, I'd join that conference.

Hm... Do you think that James might be able to help me move the portal?

Good to hear it. And sure, he could, but you have to ask him whether he's willing to.

As for those quotes... Originally, Karnax was going to be a mass-murdering pyromaniac who would summon fire elementals that would help him set everything on fire. Then, after refining the idea of the ritual that I was going to perform, his character concept changed to being a colonist for a slave empire. Finally, after I rolled a 1 for determining whether or not the Empire of the Eternal Sun actually existed, I decided that he would be a founder of a slave empire who has moved to the island because it's the multiversal equivalent of international waters and slavery is legal there.

Basically, the Karnax that made that quote isn't the one that is here now. As for the rapidly increasing temperature part... Well, to be honest, I had hoped that you wouldn't have been able to react this fast (I thought that the ritual would heat up to its maximum (determined by how much power I would put into it) instantly) before I made the surrounding area so inhospitable that you couldn't stop me without anti-fire wards, which would take long enough for you to set up for me to have already built up a sizable elemental army. Since that world island-domination attempt didn't go quite as planned, I'm willing to make peace.

Interesting. Anyway, as I said above, I'll hesitantly extend the olive branch if we can be sure of your sincerity.

((As a knowledge mage, could u create what amounts to the mage version of skype or something to host a video-conference-esque thing?))

That's the plan, yeah. Would be nice to have some help with it, though. It'd probably be pretty power-heavy as it is, and although I would definitely want to make it permanent, it's not a thing I could do alone.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:43:55 pm by Whisperling »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: October 01, 2016, 10:23:31 pm »

((I'd join the conference, but I wouldn't be happy about it IC.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: October 01, 2016, 10:55:55 pm »

((OK, ATHATH,  it seems my allies still aren't very happy with this situation. Would you, by any chance, be willing to make a binding oath along the lines of "I will not attack tower people and/or try to commit mass murder unless provoked?" I think that would go a long way towards convincing them not to kill you.
*Thinks about it*
Yeah, I think I could-
*Note. There would have to be a literal-genie clause. We know you too well to leave something like that out.
Nope.

Well... Maybe if it expired after 10 turns or so. I'd (probably) accept that.

Asking NAV via pm now...

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: October 01, 2016, 11:22:31 pm »

Nope.

((Well, that kind of says a lot. 10 turns thing isn't going to happen, that just gives you time to build up before you try and kill everyone.))

((Well, glad you'd join in. I'd tell Chorkinann to keep an open mind, though. There's a chance that whatever we come up with could let him wiggle out of the T.O.A.M. pacifism policy, at least in certain situations.))

Gonchon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: October 02, 2016, 12:04:54 am »

four essences.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: October 02, 2016, 01:40:06 am »

Nope.

((Well, that kind of says a lot. 10 turns thing isn't going to happen, that just gives you time to build up before you try and kill everyone.))

((Well, glad you'd join in. I'd tell Chorkinann to keep an open mind, though. There's a chance that whatever we come up with could let him wiggle out of the T.O.A.M. pacifism policy, at least in certain situations.))
Well, that is almost two months of waiting before making an offensive action against any of you... And honestly, at any longer than 2 months, I'd likely just have my character commit suicide and bring in another one (I wouldn't have anything to lose other than control over the portal) so that I could begin cooking up mass-murder/world-domination plots (executing plots, technically) again. It just wouldn't be as fun if I had to wait, say, 20 turns/3 months to finally assault the tower with an elemental army, y'know?

I'm not helping my case here, am I?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: October 02, 2016, 01:57:09 am »

Well, that is almost two months of waiting before making an offensive action against any of you... And honestly, at any longer than 2 months, I'd likely just have my character commit suicide and bring in another one (I wouldn't have anything to lose other than control over the portal) so that I could begin cooking up mass-murder/world-domination plots (executing plots, technically) again. It just wouldn't be as fun if I had to wait, say, 20 turns/3 months to finally assault the tower with an elemental army, y'know?

I'm not helping my case here, am I?
((This is exactly why you're dying so much. You don't have patience  :P

Though, I think I have too much of it, wandering for a long time before attempting another murder. And now TOAM tries to kill me for it. This would make an interesting battle, but, at the same time, I don't want (and won't be able) to finish Viznor. Hm... A moment, let me check something...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: October 02, 2016, 02:13:35 am »

Kahel the Changer. Three kills:

- The Doctor (most morally ambigous one) - took Marcus side in the battle after mercantile discussion.
- Jonas (sadly, vizor made him psycho) - killed him after his minion finished Marcus off.
- Chrisicus Romanticarnus - ambushed and killed with extreme prejudice. Cause Chaos and inactivity.
(-) Dest Eterna - tried to kill inactive mage, but failed to.
(-) Xom - currently trying to finish off.

TOAM probably wants me dead because of Dest Eterna. Though I don't know if he was able to tell them about my attack, since he almost immediately got into the battle with Beholder, got paralyzed, and then evaporized in an explosion.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: October 02, 2016, 03:36:44 am »

((For a record, I'm still honestly trying to kill all mages and win the game. I'm simply starting off with mages who do not nicely and clearly fit into nature theme.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: October 02, 2016, 04:26:55 am »

Though, I think I have too much of it, wandering for a long time before attempting another murder. And now TOAM tries to kill me for it.

((Just to clarify: Ilium and Viznor are in no way affiliated with TOAM. They operate as agents of the Tower.))

((Also, from an OOC perspective, I'd argue that going after Kahel is actually very much in accordance with the whole "deathmatch" idea, albeit using dishonourable (yet highly effective) ambush tactics and passed off IC as a peacekeeping procedure.))

PM'ed action.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:30:37 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: October 02, 2016, 05:22:39 am »

((Whoops, my bad. Misread a TOAM membership list back from January.

I concur and actually want to test how such 2-1-1 battle would go, so thanks for allowing me to do that.))

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 506