Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 323318 times)

Ion_fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.32 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1215 on: June 15, 2013, 02:13:45 pm »

umm sorry ta bother yall but the manual says to "wait a turn" press numpad0... nulock is on but its not doing anything dont know if this is the right place to ask either.... sorry :x

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 15, 2013, 02:58:52 pm »

umm sorry ta bother yall but the manual says to "wait a turn" press numpad0... nulock is on but its not doing anything dont know if this is the right place to ask either.... sorry :x

Check key bindings.

EDIT: suggestions about machines
-We have the Skyrim/Morrowind inspired small cleaning-verminating Utility Spiders and large Bronze Centurions, why not the Dwarven Sphere (renamed Bronze Guardian, maybe)? I mean these guys:
-In The Elder Scrolls lore, these machines were powered by white soulgems, so making them from animals would be reasonable, but the cost should be balanced, my idea for that:
-Let's take clockwork making for reference. Clockworks are dwarf-sized (Size 70), Utility Spiders are slightly smaller at (Size 60), Bronze Centurions are huge at (Size 350). Bronze Guardians should be about (Size 70) too, with a body exactly the same as clockworks (hiding in a shell could be done, moving that way probably not), just being a pet with [TRAINABLE_WAR] instead of being a useful member of society  ;)
-Now, if there are 4 creatures with 3 different sizes, the currently used centurion frame should be 3 different size versions: Small Automaton Frame, made from 8 bronze bars, Automaton Frame, made from 10 bronze bars (identical to currently used), and Large Automaton Frame, made from 50 bronze bars.  :o Okay, that sounds a bit too much, but can be worth it if the creature can be upgraded as it can be now, with power core and flamethrower. Maybe there should be other ingredients with more vague material limits, such as metal mechanisms/weapons/shields.
-Clockworks are made of dwarves, automaton frames and soulgems, inactive utility spiders, bronze guardians and bronze centurions are made only from animals, plus automaton frames of corresponding size, then activated with a soulgem, and possibly a flamethrower and other neat interactions.
-Current flamethrower probably should be removed from utility spider, leave it to the warrior forms to use that.
-Lightning interaction could be added, but nerfed- no automatic KO, only pain with a chance of giving in to it.
-As machines, they should be immune to most curses and diseases by default, huskifying and madness-causing ones included. On the other hand, there are things that should affect machines more than living things- rust, lightning, maybe even hacking (adds CRAZED to them)... those probably should also effect other mechanical creatures, such as the Iron Titan.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:55:55 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Jikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.monkeydonkey.info
« Reply #1217 on: June 15, 2013, 05:47:49 pm »

Hello,

Sorry I couldn't find this elsewhere buy you said a copy of dwarf therapist is included with the download however I seem to be having trouble finding it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 16, 2013, 02:16:16 am »

Err, sorry, it used to, but I do not bundle it with the latest releases to save the size a bit. So you will have to download Therapist from its thread. Sorry for confusion, I guess I just forgot to change the text :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #1219 on: June 17, 2013, 07:07:20 am »

I have a question.
If I want to remove a race from the game, is it enough to remove the respective entity_X.txt fire? Will it cause any issues?
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 17, 2013, 09:09:49 am »

I have a question.
If I want to remove a race from the game, is it enough to remove the respective entity_X.txt fire? Will it cause any issues?
Nope. Entity files are easily deleted with causing an errors (unless its the entity file of the race you wish to play as)

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- fire, inferno and web blocks/ammo are "wood" types (for stockpiling).

I've got a thaumaturgy guild with some fire and inferno blocks. Here are the stockpiles that dwarves will not put these blocks into:

- Bars/Blocks, All Materials, Blocks only, Take from Thaumaturgy guild
    - Bars/Blocks, wood, Blocks only,Take from Thaumaturgy guild
    - Bars/Blocks, All, Blocks only,Take from anywhere
    - Bars/Blocks, Wood, Blocks only,Take from anywhere
    - Everything, Take from Thaumaturgy guild
    - Furniture/Siege Ammo, All, Take from Thaumaturgy guild
    - Furniture/Siege Ammo, Wood, Take from Thaumaturgy guild

What am I missing?

Edit: Not a burrow problem. Operators will load blocks from the guild. Using 5.32
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:11:22 pm by There Is No Vic »

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 18, 2013, 10:14:00 pm »

Are Merfolk and scarabs supposed to be immune to fire? Specifically, jade cannons? Sure, they block the spinning fire sometimes, but half a season of bombardment from 4 jade cannons, I would have expected one of them to catch fire.

Borindak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 18, 2013, 11:29:08 pm »

I was looking to get back into dwarf fortress again, and to play some adventure mode when I saw your mod pack.  It looked awesome, so I downloaded it and started playing a dalesmen adventurer (male, comes into play later).  Still very early on and figuring things out again, but from playing so far a couple of comments:

1) First and foremost, it is even more amazing than it looked at first glance.  Very impressive mod indeed, thanks a ton for making such a gem!  You rock!

2) A small thing I may be able to give back:

When out adventuring, I noticed that I started drowning and was floundering around when trying to swim across a river, even though I was a Novice swimmer.  After looking at the creature files, I think I found what was causing the issue (and may cause an issue for male swimmers of several other races):

Male Swimmer Issue
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At any event, thanks again!

P.S. I don't post on forums often, so I apologize if I mucked up formatting and such.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 19, 2013, 02:36:15 am »

Ther Is No Vic: I thought it should go fine in wooden bar stockpile. I will make sure it works properly for the next version, thank you for pointing it out!
Merfolk and scarabs should not be fire immune; maybe they are just lucky.

Borindak: oh, I never noticed that problem with swimming. I will check all creature files and make sure this error does not appear.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 19, 2013, 08:08:19 am »

Just a Stray thought (Tame): clockworks have [EXTRAVISION], but for some reason show up as Vision Lost in the Health screen. Does this show in the quality of items made by them? Blind dwarves, even if legendary, make crappy quality items...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 20, 2013, 01:47:07 am »

[EXTRAVISION] means they can see with or without eyes, so Vision Lost is probably because they don't have eyes.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 20, 2013, 02:27:19 am »

Just a Stray thought (Tame): clockworks have [EXTRAVISION], but for some reason show up as Vision Lost in the Health screen. Does this show in the quality of items made by them? Blind dwarves, even if legendary, make crappy quality items...
Maybe they have eyes without eye tissues? :P Is there an errorlog?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:48 am »

No, what Tirion meant is while they can see normally, the game may force them to make bad items because they have "vision lost" flag. I will make sure it's not an issue by adding a few gem eye-things.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 20, 2013, 10:53:23 am »

Good, gem eyes sound cool :D Also, do you plan to deal with the Demoniac maniac (they use it way more frequently than once a year, and on multiple targets) problem?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 108