Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1204115 times)

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.3 ϟ]
« Reply #450 on: April 22, 2010, 07:21:28 pm »

You haven't toyed with the tissue stylings?  I managed to figure them out working on a project of my own, and I'm gonna offer up some suggestions for the human civs.  Make them more distinctive, rather than the "let your hair grow wild, shave everything else" thing that humans have by default.  Stick them at the end of the civ's entity definition and watch them work.  Purely aesthetic, but its the little things that count.
By default, humans keep their facial hair shaved, and allow their hair to grow indefinitely.
Spoiler: Wesman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Norman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Osman (click to show/hide)
It's really rather simple, although I've not experimented much.  [TISSUE_STYLE:(body part)] determines what is being modified,       [TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:(shaping types)] sets possible shapings (read: styles), and [TS_MAINTAIN_LENGTH:x:y] requires that entity members
keep the defined part's length between X and Y, as per individual preference.

You can do the same for other entities, although I should point out that elves and goblins are physically incapable of styling their hair without some raw editting:
Spoiler: To allow hair styles (click to show/hide)

Anyways, now that I'm done showing off the shiny things I've figured out, I'd just like to say, keep up the good work! 
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 22, 2010, 07:23:38 pm »

Hey, is there a string dump of the styles?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 22, 2010, 07:30:02 pm »

Hey, is there a string dump of the styles?
Extracted and interpreted from the wiki's string dump:

Length:
very long
medium-length
clean-shaven
stubble

Style:
neatly combed
braided
arranged in double braids
tied in a pony tail

Note that short hair/beards/et cetera will always be "neatly combed."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 22, 2010, 07:32:05 pm »

Thanks!

Hey, how do you make certain styles gender-specific?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:21:49 pm by Acanthus117 »
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 22, 2010, 11:56:37 pm »

Thanks!

AFAIK, you can't, except for the fact that women don't grow facial hair.  Maybe with some cunning work with the raws, you could make men and women have different IDs for their hair, and then have the entities treat female hair and male hair differently.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 23, 2010, 12:17:19 am »

I believe you make certain styles gender-specific by creating a female and male caste, and adding the hair styles to the caste part of the creature entry instead of the main part.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 23, 2010, 12:49:50 am »

:D

Thanks!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 23, 2010, 02:10:59 am »

You haven't toyed with the tissue stylings?  I managed to figure them out working on a project of my own, and I'm gonna offer up some suggestions for the human civs.  Make them more distinctive, rather than the "let your hair grow wild, shave everything else" thing that humans have by default.  Stick them at the end of the civ's entity definition and watch them work.  Purely aesthetic, but its the little things that count.
By default, humans keep their facial hair shaved, and allow their hair to grow indefinitely.
Spoiler: Wesman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Norman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Osman (click to show/hide)
It's really rather simple, although I've not experimented much.  [TISSUE_STYLE:(body part)] determines what is being modified,       [TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:(shaping types)] sets possible shapings (read: styles), and [TS_MAINTAIN_LENGTH:x:y] requires that entity members
keep the defined part's length between X and Y, as per individual preference.

You can do the same for other entities, although I should point out that elves and goblins are physically incapable of styling their hair without some raw editting:
Spoiler: To allow hair styles (click to show/hide)

Anyways, now that I'm done showing off the shiny things I've figured out, I'd just like to say, keep up the good work! 
Hey, thank you for this! I was going to toy around with the hairstyles but haven't made myself to do it yet :). The idea is really nice.

You can only make gender-specific bodies and adjustments to stats. I've used it in Wasteland mod and it works nicely. I think I will do the same here too. I want to make men stronger and women more agile.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:03:34 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 23, 2010, 03:20:42 am »

Hey Deon, awesome mod! I might have registered at the Bay12 forums just to tell you this, and a few other things to follow. 8)

First off, if you're still taking down weird names for magical items (as I was reading in the first, what, five pages of the thread? Haven't had time to read the rest :c), I nominate my name for something strange / odd / game-breaking. c;

Secondly, not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not or if you're aware of it -- since, as I said, I haven't read through the whole thread yet -- but it looks like animals can contract your diseases, too! The female half of my breeding cat pair that I brought along 'pon embarking contracted black lung (I believe) shortly after I arrived -- she's been stumbling around bleeding all over everything for about a year now, and her lungs and heart just turned yellow. As an animal lover, I'm not sure whether to feel devastated about this, or just revel in its SHEER AWESOME that MAN AWESOME DISEASES MAN MAN MAN LOVE.

If it's at all possible, there ought to be some sort of hospital mod for critters. 3: My heart goes out to my poor dizzy kitty (when I'm not, you know, pumping my fist in the air over how AWESOME IT IS THAT MY CAT CONTRACTED BLACK LUNG THIS IS THE BEST MOD EVER YEAAAHHHH)

Seriously though, this is the greatest work of modding I've seen from the comm so far! 8D It's really perked up DF for me and put life back into it again. Thank yooouuuu for that :P though my social life is suffering again.
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 23, 2010, 04:03:44 am »

Wow, that's quite a praise (and maybe too much, but I am still happy to read it :) ).

I think I've got enough features to release 1.4 soon.
I will add hair style tweaks (thank you KillerClowns), slow-moving fungi-like critters which spread sleeping gas around them, man/woman distinct bodies and stats; leechs, cholerae and minnows by Stolide; some additional items for the ratmen civ (just because  I like them :P).

Also I liked the idea of probability of "hero" dwarves being born, in the same way as I use mutations in the future of Wasteland mod (although the Hero idea came first to Arkenstone), so you will have a very low chance to get Uberdwarves born.

Also I thought that while pets are not that important, some more would be cool. So I will add boars, turkeys, chickens and ferrets (vermin hunter too).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:23:06 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 23, 2010, 04:18:20 am »

Yay! FUNGUS CREATURES FTW
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 23, 2010, 04:22:49 am »

Yeah, I liked the idea, thank you Acanthus.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 23, 2010, 04:25:11 am »

ANYTIME BRO DEON MAN

:D

hey, will you also modify the hairstyles of Elves?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:27:55 am by Acanthus117 »
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 23, 2010, 04:29:40 am »

Sure, I will mod all races to follow the style/body tweaks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 23, 2010, 05:50:53 am »

Hey, can you have multiple styles per entry, like PONY_TAIL and BRAID in one entry?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 642