Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1204145 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.5 ϟ] - Music is back!
« Reply #1485 on: June 10, 2010, 03:11:56 pm »

Let me think... It's compatible except for one thing.

Do not copy creature_z_illithid.txt because I removed elder brains. Everything else it totally compatible, it's mostly material fixes and tweaks to body structures, plus the music is back.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.5 ϟ] - Music is back!
« Reply #1486 on: June 10, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »

Yay, it is downloading :D

Now I can get back to homework ^^

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.51 ϟ] - Music is back!
« Reply #1487 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:42 pm »

No you can't. I hurry too much because I worry that I did a wrong thing and I screw it even more. One should always act thinking first. I mean, I screwed the archive. If you look inside, there's a deon_genesis_2.4 folder in it too with a separate material_default.txt inside. That's the correct one.

I am reuploading the 2.51 which has a right archive. Hehe. And then I am going to sleep, really tired here.

P.S. Done. It should be all cool now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:21:41 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.3 ϟ] - Material fix
« Reply #1488 on: June 10, 2010, 03:22:42 pm »

[RESIZABLE:NO]
[ARB_SYNC:YES]
[PRINT_MODE:PARTIAL:5]
[SINGLE_BUFFER:YES]

It works good for me.
Ok, does that show me why DF crashed on me? Or should i fiddle around with print mode and ARB_SYNC?

EDIT: Killed ARB_SYNC: It worked but I got this as a screen: Flickering badly
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:25:53 pm by Nether »

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 10, 2010, 03:25:00 pm »

I don't know if its been noted before (100 pages of writing is a bit much to wade through when I've got a limited amount of time to do it in) but after downloading and extracting the mod, all I get when I start the Dwarfort.exe is a small window with a single blue exclamation mark in the top left corner.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 10, 2010, 03:26:42 pm »

I don't know if its been noted before (100 pages of writing is a bit much to wade through when I've got a limited amount of time to do it in) but after downloading and extracting the mod, all I get when I start the Dwarfort.exe is a small window with a single blue exclamation mark in the top left corner.
I've had this too, try another version of DF. (I used legacy, SDL worked for me)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:52 pm »

[RESIZABLE:NO]
[ARB_SYNC:YES]
[PRINT_MODE:PARTIAL:5]
[SINGLE_BUFFER:YES]

It works good for me.
Ok, does that show me why DF crashed on me? Or should i fiddle around with print mode and ARB_SYNC?

EDIT: Killed ARB_SYNC: It worked but I got this as a screen: Flickering badly

Yeah it does that with some videocards. I still yet to find the best mode for me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 10, 2010, 04:42:24 pm »

Hey Deon, just a question, why did you remove the crematorium?
Just curious
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 10, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »

"black crow tallow toad in the hole"

what?! :o

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 10, 2010, 04:52:25 pm »

Just curious
Because Kiln can do the same (and it is used in RL for that) and I didn't use that much, so I've decided that there's no reason to make a second building like kiln while I can make kiln more useful (I rarely use it otherwise).

"black crow tallow toad in the hole"

what?! :o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_in_the_hole
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54:34 pm »

Just curious
Because Kiln can do the same (and it is used in RL for that) and I didn't use that much, so I've decided that there's no reason to make a second building like kiln while I can make kiln more useful (I rarely use it otherwise).

Makes sense.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.4 ϟ] - Music is back!
« Reply #1496 on: June 10, 2010, 04:59:58 pm »

Yeah, in the current version balors are immortal. D_E screwed with body so it has only a heard with weapons, and no other stuff. I mean it is but it's not connected so you cannot damage it. I am patching it as we speak.

I don't know why is the balor INSIDE of the obsidian heart, but it makes it unkillable.

Uh, it's killable.  The heart bleeds, and the eyes can also be hit.  The body is just there for show.  I should have said that explicitly in the raw, but you sounded like you'd tested it and when you didn't say anything I figured you thought it was OK. 

The heart is a thin shell of obsidian over delicate tissue.  With the raw weapons, it's hard to break the shell, but I was figuring that you're rebalanced weapons must be doing the job.  It can also be taken down by shooting it repeatedly with crossbows, and in practice this is what dwarves have to do, because of the extreme temperature of the default flames.

If you want me to change something of mine, just let me know what you want done.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 10, 2010, 05:24:59 pm »

Deon, there is some weird visual thing happening to my game.

I have DF .31.06 (SDL w/vanilla ascii tileset) with Genesis 2.3 raws on top. I started a fort (as region1) - everything's ok.

Then I saved and copied that savefolder as region2, then placed new 2.51 raws (w/o creature_z_illithid.txt) to raws folder and region2 save folder. And now upon loading region2 I get some crappy graphics while region1 works just as before.
Same init.txt, same art, same .31.06 SDL version.

Here are pics:
Save with 2.3 raws

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Save with 2.51 raws
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What am I doing wrong?

edit: right, er... shame on me, accidentally downloaded non-ascii version of Genesis 2.51
Hope this helps someone not to my mistake.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:34:37 pm by afoninv »
-
V.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 10, 2010, 06:18:14 pm »

Yeah, ASCII version is 2.5, not 2.51 :).

Yeah, in the current version balors are immortal. D_E screwed with body so it has only a heard with weapons, and no other stuff. I mean it is but it's not connected so you cannot damage it. I am patching it as we speak.

I don't know why is the balor INSIDE of the obsidian heart, but it makes it unkillable.

Uh, it's killable.  The heart bleeds, and the eyes can also be hit.  The body is just there for show.  I should have said that explicitly in the raw, but you sounded like you'd tested it and when you didn't say anything I figured you thought it was OK. 

The heart is a thin shell of obsidian over delicate tissue.  With the raw weapons, it's hard to break the shell, but I was figuring that you're rebalanced weapons must be doing the job.  It can also be taken down by shooting it repeatedly with crossbows, and in practice this is what dwarves have to do, because of the extreme temperature of the default flames.

If you want me to change something of mine, just let me know what you want done.
They were OK before that change. That obsidian heart couldn't be pierced by a legendary in all in full adamantine set with the most powerful artifact in the game dwarf because thickness does nothing when it's the whole body.

But the most imporant part was that INTERNAL upperbody does not work, so it was an immortal obsidian rock.

Now I reverted partially to my previous balor with your additions.

So it bleeds flames (awesome stuff) and uses your body structure, but without falling off shadows. Instead it secretes "ashen veil" and it has a soulgem instead of obsidian heart beacause obsidian is too hard to be damaged by any normal weapons, and adamantine is sharp enough but too light to damage it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:20:26 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1499 on: June 10, 2010, 07:44:56 pm »

Hmm started this Genesis 2.51 today, it seems nice. Pet rabbits, six meat in a furry skin. Looks like Pig Tails are replaced by cave cotton (which I didn't embark with.)
Hmm pet cave tortoises move as fast as dwarves.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:55:07 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 642