Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202149 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Disease immunity SHOULD work. I mean, in the raws everything is perfect, but I didn't try actual tests.

Also gloomers are pretty rare, but I had some.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, as I said I work on another mod which is much more structured than Genesis ane less about "moar" and more about "system". I base the whole mode on four elements ("air, fire, earth, water" -> "north, east, south, west" -> "father, yang, mother, yin" -> "moist hot, hot dry, dry cold, cold moist" -> "human, goblin, dwarf, elf" -> "mundane, evil, savage, good" etc.). I try to base ALL the stuff on it, including creatures (good/savage/evil/mundane), gems, rocks, et cetera. I plan a complex transmutation system later which will allow to shift materials, and I have other ideas.

Right now I build a "mundane" creature table. I plan to have 3/3/1 of small/medium/large predators for each biome and 5/3/1 of small/medium/large prey for each biome. I simplified most animals (i.e. one/two humped camels -> camel, all bears -> bear etc.) but it should give no big impact on gameplay (and maybe a positive impact - shorter creature names mean easier to read products).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here's the table for predators. I have a similar one for prey but it is in the works.

I want your comments and feedback. Tundra has less animals intentionally, and I have special plans for a glacier.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:24:39 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel exceptionally retarded because I cant find the "manual" or changelog....in the previous version I thought they were right in the open....am I missing something?...I need to skim over the reference stuff (am I thinking of a different mod? have I lost my mind?)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I don't think there's a "manual" for Genesis mod, it's just new creatures and plants. There is the new workshops and their reactions" excel sheet.
You should find out on your own what the deepest-cavernlayer critters are.

There's the funky weapons which are totally unbalanced due to DF development. I just stick to short swords and shields.
The materials are confusing, of course, with three kinds of bronze and 3 kinds of steel (rare pattern welded steel included).
Anyways, use steel, then bronzes, then copper.

I gave my goblins bronze making, upgrading them a little. Just boosted crossbows a little thanks to a hunter constantly shooting unicorns.

Deon, on the new four-way mod, can we have Wurms, huge earth/nature creatures that tunnel along, and eat giants.
Wurm pics: http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/item/121275?combo_id=31018

Maybe pegasi for air area, and griffons. Evil 3-headed manticores (http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/details.php?id=209&backlink=%2Fallmonsters.php )?
Yay maybe a strength-in-numbers smaller critter, that comes in packs of 15-30.
Aerial ambush predator would be nice. And aerial 10-20 pack of high speed menace. Maybe some super-durable water beast, steel plated river serpent.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah...well I dont see the excel sheets anywhere...thats what I was looking for...

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Disease immunity SHOULD work. I mean, in the raws everything is perfect, but I didn't try actual tests.

Also gloomers are pretty rare, but I had some.

I had a steel dwarf die from a lost adventurer pus explosion. I thought I'd just overestimated their disease immunity but maybe I was wrong?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hate it when that happens. Are the pus explosions always fatal? I mean, i lost a steel equipped grand master macedwarf (stone dwarfette) against a pack of lost adventurer. (especially since that was directly after a ambush where i lost a whole bunch of guys to fireballs, and she was a third of my remaining military.)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Well they are mostly fatal due to extreme bleeding from eyes and other bad stuff. But I planned them to be a "nemesis", some kind of a scary critter you should avoid, like those ex-human monsters in zombie movies which totally fock over superstrong survivors... I reduced their number in 2.9, and I plan to make them even more rare.

Yeah...well I dont see the excel sheets anywhere...thats what I was looking for...
That's my bad. Because I built the latest version on top of a .31.10 download I just forgot to put the file inside.

I will release a fix shortly.

Deon, on the new four-way mod, can we have Wurms, huge earth/nature creatures that tunnel along, and eat giants.

Maybe pegasi for air area, and griffons. Evil 3-headed manticores

Pegasi and griffons will be in. If you notice, the 4-element system is totally greek. So expect many greek creatures :P. Pegasi and unicorns will be "good" equivalents to horses and donkeys, and manticores - "evil" equivalents to lions.

Wurms look like nice semimegabeasts. Too bad they can't tunnel.

P.S. I at least expected some comments on biome habitation from you, TomiTapio :P. Can you see the picture?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:38:19 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I plan to make them even more rare
Sure am glad to hear that  :o But currently, is there any effective way to dispatch them? Marksdwarves?

When will illithids be back? I like those guys. (liked them initially since i thought they were some insectoid race at first, since their name sounds alot like the Silithids from Warcraft. But it was still fine after discovering they were actually tentacle faced mind flayers)\

Oh, are you the same Deon that did the Boatmurdered comic?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:56:52 am by Pan »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, too many projects to make with my family routines.

I don't release 2.95 yet because I want to include illithids back. All other fixes are already done.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Hey Deon,when I go to butcher something it says you are not that hungry.I think i'll report it to bugtracker.

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I plan to make them even more rare
Sure am glad to hear that  :o But currently, is there any effective way to dispatch them? Marksdwarves?

Sometimes times the only way to win the war is to not fight the battle.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey there deon i have a rather interesting screen cap of your mod. if someone could tell he how to post an image i will show you

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

http://tinypic.com
Make it a PNG to load faster and avoid JPG artifacts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry about late reply was watching tour de France

this is the second time i have had some non fish animal be there
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 642