Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1204223 times)

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.98 ϟ] - werewolves!
« Reply #2205 on: July 28, 2010, 05:22:29 pm »

I should probably generate a new world with werewolves.

I only ever have 10 dwarves in the military ever, I rely on prepared defenses and force multipliers to make them fight like a hundred.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 28, 2010, 05:32:29 pm »

Every adventurer i make has the goal of hunting and eradicating werewolves. I've had around 10 so far and not one has even seen one yet. with a few exceptions they all ended up crippled by land sharks before they made it. I've removed them now as it was getting ridiculous. i hope the werewolves put up a fight when i finally find them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 28, 2010, 05:43:50 pm »

Land sharks? Is it a badass creature of yours?

Congratulations, with this cool image you encouraged me to speed up on the next version. Expect it tomorrow.

I planned to give werewolves castes with different colored fur and stats, so it should come tomorrow. Also a few other tweaks, you won't notice. And of course goblin/illithid tweaks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 28, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

Land sharks? Is it a badass creature of yours?

They're in the dangerous critters mod. got it of your first page :P

They're not usually deadly but for some reason they will sever motors and nerves whenever they bite a limb even through steel mail.

I was thinking of making a human fort near a wolf pack and trying to get a gingersnaps 3 type situation. are they effective siegers? as in can they get through doors or get around other defenses? I wish it were possible to give them massive jumps to get over fortifications.

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 28, 2010, 06:17:06 pm »

Do werewolves need specific things to let them spawn on world gen? They just aren't appearing for me at all.

My current world gen paramaters are for a high FPS world that takes out lots of z levels, and also no caves.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 28, 2010, 06:29:05 pm »

I've found that they're not doing too well on any worlds i gen. usually one or two civs left with very little territory.

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 28, 2010, 07:56:23 pm »

Where are the werewolves located in the raws? I downloaded genesis again and I can't seem to find them in either one.

Edit 1: I downloaded the Tileset version and it worked, is anyone other than me using ASCII?

Edit 2: Yeah, it looks like the ASCII version is missing a file named "entity_attacker". Hopefully this works.

Edit 3: Success!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:33:03 pm by Prepaid Lenin »

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 28, 2010, 09:22:12 pm »

Well i made it eventually. disappointing though as it was just a load of werewolf farmers and other professions standing around that didn't attack until i started fighting. and when they did in the end they just kept punching me until one of them choked me to death.

Vherkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 29, 2010, 12:34:01 am »

For the people having problem with wherewolf spawning:
Quote from: Vherkin
Random change:
Start group number changed to 50 for the wherewolf. It's help them survive the early part.

Go to:
...\deons genesis 2.98\raw\objects
locate the file called Entity_attacker.txt and open it.

Their entity name is actually changelings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Search for the line: [START_GROUP_NUMBER:15]
Change the number: [START_GROUP_NUMBER:50]

Now register and gen a world.

Other useful information:
-Wherewolf need forest to live, be sure to have enough.
-They live in forest retreat like the sylvian elf or the vanilla elf.
-In my large world they take control of entire forest but don't expect them to create an actual empire like human. They're hippy like elf but with more pointy teeth and a love for dwarven raw meat.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 29, 2010, 01:35:08 am »

Where are the werewolves located in the raws? I downloaded genesis again and I can't seem to find them in either one.

Edit 1: I downloaded the Tileset version and it worked, is anyone other than me using ASCII?

Edit 2: Yeah, it looks like the ASCII version is missing a file named "entity_attacker". Hopefully this works.

Edit 3: Success!
Oops! I am sorry. That's the problem why I don't like supporting different tilesets. I can sometimes forget to update something into both installations.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 29, 2010, 01:42:40 am »

And being like that I am, looking at this image for ages while my internet was cutoff in the wee hours of the morning started my mind into overdrive.
Soon you shall see 'The saga of the Torch', coming to an internet webcomic near you.

Amazing. There may be more of this, you say? Internet Webcomic, you say?
Tell me more! Genesis Mod deserves to appear in comic-form, and that image is awesome and really captures the, er, epic spirit of the confrontations I've been having with the Genesis beasties, too.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 29, 2010, 01:57:44 am »

Okay, werewolf castes are in. Now just to make a little change I've mentioned earlier... I hope you'll like it. I will spoil it only a little, saying that there're no more goblins.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 29, 2010, 02:39:36 am »

They're not usually deadly but for some reason they will sever motors and nerves whenever they bite a limb even through steel mail.

This version is pretty ridiculous in that sense. I mean it's ultra common for copper weapons wielded by low skill goblins to amputate limbs of steel-clad dwarves. Also the fact that even a freaking arrow can sever a leg, which doesn't make much sense. It seems like instead of having the cool knockback of the older versions this version is a limb-tearing carnage.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 29, 2010, 03:56:11 am »

I adjusted all weapon stats to vanilla values so it's DF problem with the new armor piercing formula.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 29, 2010, 04:15:40 am »

Okay, werewolf castes are in. Now just to make a little change I've mentioned earlier... I hope you'll like it. I will spoil it only a little, saying that there're no more goblins.

Ooh. I hope we get an Empire of Evil civ instead, with some black steel armour clad Sauron-type leader, that can bring trolls and giants and orcs and such when sieging!

... because that's what I just tried to change goblins into, and I think I failed horribly somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 642