Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202176 times)

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

with concerns to metalworking is making steel at a finishing forge any different to crucible steel apart from ingredients? is there any property difference?

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How has stability been? i really want to play but the crashes are a major issue for me.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

In the admittantly short time I'd played it (about a week or so), it didn't crash at all.

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally got around to grabbing the new version. The new font looks great, much cleaner and much nicer to read.

Hopefully I'll have a fun adventure story to share soon! (Yes, I did remember to pick the 3.12b version ;))

7 adventurers in, and Adil Tanurist has finally killed Gazil Brandedheated the Silvery Jewel of Pearls, the red dragon that lived right outside the dwarven town of Crowdedshields, hooray!

I did notice that when I butchered the corpse I got both a red dragon skin and a red dragon dragonskin. Both of these tan into a red dragon dragonscale, I'm not sure if they're both meant to be there.

I made one into a red dragon dragonscale armor! Now this is what I've always wanted to be able to do in adventurer mode :D Unfortunately I can't test how effective it is since dwarves are still silly and make clothes 10 times too big for themselves, oh well. And there is the fact that dragon scales seem fairly ineffective against axes anyway...

I made the other dragonscale into a red dragon dragonscale waterskin, and filled it with red dragon red blood. Delicious! Time to go grab some buddies and travel to the elf and orc kingdoms to the south, I think.

"Life is, in a word, lies. Elbowquickness is far to the southwest. There is a temple to Tianjian there named the Temple of Sin. Give yourself to Tianjian."

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:56:07 am by Nat »

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My journey through the Orc kingdom has turned out to be interesting. Most of the people I've spoken to have insisted that I journey to the capital to worship the god of lies, Tianjian, at the Temple of Sin. I did go to the capital, but instead of the temple I visited the castle and spoke to the Shogun. He asked me to travel to the next town over and kill a Lemon Devil. He refused to give me a reason to, so I assumed he wanted to bake a giant cheesecake or something.

Well, I didn't feel like getting religious so I decided to go see if I could find this Lemon Devil since there doesn't seem to be much else happening in this Orc kingdom. I was visiting various homes asking if anyone had seen the Devil when suddenly

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

Not really what came to mind when I thought of a lemon devil... oh, and that also happens to be the emperor of this Orc civilization.

That's as far as I'm going to go for now, because I really need to draw a couple of pictures of stuff that's happened to me playing this mod :)

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can anyone answer my question about steel? is there a difference is quality/strength between crucible steel and finishing forge steel?

negorath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can anyone answer my question about steel? is there a difference is quality/strength between crucible steel and finishing forge steel?

There is no difference; only difference is between regular Steel, Red Steel, and Black Steel

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

>:( Yes there is a difference, Crucible steel is slightly more powerful than regular steel.

negorath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>:( Yes there is a difference, Crucible steel is slightly more powerful than regular steel.

That's funny, because there exists no such thing as Crucible Steel in the raws, and the reaction from the Crucible creates just regular Steel.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's funny, because there exists no such thing as Crucible Steel in the raws, and the reaction from the Crucible creates just regular Steel.
Someone hasn't been playing previous Genesis mod versions.  :P

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Crucible (wootz) steel is now called black steel.
Regular steel is [MAX_EDGE:27500]     [SHEAR_FRACTURE:1379000] edged defense
Black steel [MAX_EDGE:32000]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:1400000]
Red steel [MAX_EDGE:42000]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:1600000]

Bronze [MAX_EDGE:15000]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:241000] puny as armor
Iron [MAX_EDGE:14500]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:850000]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crucible (wootz) steel is now called black steel.
Regular steel is [MAX_EDGE:27500]     [SHEAR_FRACTURE:1379000] edged defense
Black steel [MAX_EDGE:32000]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:1400000]
Red steel [MAX_EDGE:42000]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:1600000]

Bronze [MAX_EDGE:15000]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:241000] puny as armor
Iron [MAX_EDGE:14500]  [SHEAR_FRACTURE:850000]
How good is bismuth bronze as armour?

MountainGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just started a game with this mod yesterday, so far its pretty fun.  Dark Elf ambushes.  Also, I'm trading with the orcs O_o.  But that really doesn't surprise me, as one time my home civ was friendly with goblins (They brought me...  a bunch of useless garbage, the orcs on the other hand have brought me a lot of leather.)

Mechlin

• Bay Watcher
  • /u/sarasti_
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation

Hello, I'm playing v3.12 and I've just discovered adamantine (for the first time in Genesis, yay) but I can't mine it. Is it supposed to be so?
And by the way what does a blast furnace do? My brand new magma BF has no options available :(

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile

Hello, I'm playing v3.12 and I've just discovered adamantine (for the first time in Genesis, yay) but I can't mine it. Is it supposed to be so?
And by the way what does a blast furnace do? My brand new magma BF has no options available :(

i think the blast furnace is a regular smelter at a massive scale :-\ i dunno yet, since i never got the materials to build one    :o
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 642