Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1204077 times)

EZLocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3900 on: November 18, 2010, 10:46:38 am »

(
Thanks for the information on the Illithids!  I'm glad I accidentally made people aware of how their poison doesn't really do anything.  Still wondering if the blood draining actually does anything practical (Besides being really amusing).

Bile demons are surprisingly tough.  I thought they were just designed to leave a noxious cloud, but I like that they actually feel as tough as in DK (I was that player with the giant pile of Bile Demons and warlocks).  Haven't tried out any of the others, but vampiress' are just basically humans that are harder to bleed out, right?
(...)

Is there a specific keybinding for all this abilities or its just a passive feature?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: November 18, 2010, 11:45:19 am »

in Adventure mode there is no way to release clouds or shoot fireballs or any abilities like that....

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: November 18, 2010, 11:54:15 am »

Speaking of Altars, I was wondering if there is a way to make the weapons the Altar of War creates immune to the sacrifice weapon task. As it stands if you have the task on repeat it will just use the special weapon as the next sacrifice.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: November 18, 2010, 12:36:36 pm »

The scriptorium, the library, the soccerfield.  None of it is on the wiki.  I have all possible resources just have blank workshop build lists.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3904 on: November 18, 2010, 12:58:21 pm »

Anybody know how to do this well? It's cool and all, but it's complexity that seems to only get in the way. Should I just paste the vanilla dwarf castes (just the male/female) over the Genesis ones? Or is there more stuff I would have to do?
You could delete all dwarf castes except stone dwarf and stone dwarfette.
And delete the [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:MALE_ICE]  [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:MALE_ASPID] etc. mentions too.

Bone weapon can be good with good material+skill? I wanna make a dragon bone sword lol
Bone and ToughBone unfortunately can never have as good a cutting edge as metals. Unless you change toughbone's MAXEDGE parameter.
Toughbone [MAX_EDGE:2000], copper [MAX_EDGE:11500], steel [MAX_EDGE:27500] ...
Deon has decided to call toughbone material "bone" to simplify things for some players. Anyone got a suggestion for a short name for bones that are much (2x) stronger than human bones? Thesaurus has "os".

Deon, could we upgrade toughbone and toughclaws to 7500 edge?

Speaking of Altars, I was wondering if there is a way to make the weapons the Altar of War creates immune to the sacrifice weapon task. As it stands if you have the task on repeat it will just use the special weapon as the next sacrifice.
Hmm... I don't think we can preemptively forbid them from being used. Keep it for special occasions, don't repeat it.
Deon: how about "sacrifice shields, might get a weapon" and parallel task  "sacrifice weapons, might get a shield (or adamantine strands?)" And perhaps helmets-into-gem chance... boot-into-charcoal...

Rockball field and gaming table? They're for decoration at the moment IMO. Swimming pool and obstacle course are proper training.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:19:25 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: November 18, 2010, 12:58:29 pm »

The scriptorium turns vellum created at the tanner from leather into tomes that give you skill ups when you read them at the library. I have no idea what the game related workshops do.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: November 18, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »

(
Illithid and bile demon special attacks
(...)

Is there a specific keybinding for all this abilities or its just a passive feature?

Passive.

Poison and blood drain occur if a specific attack (usually bite) does enough damage.  Bile demons probably just periodically secrete clouds.

One possible work-around:  Change the sacrifice rxn to require METAL weapons, and have the special weapons it dispenses be made from something other than metal, a special stone or a creature mat from a non-generated creature (like centaurs).

A second possible work-around:  Change the sacrifice weapon task to produce a toy called a "favor of the war-god" or something, and have a second rxn to convert these to special weapons.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: November 18, 2010, 01:26:48 pm »

I have just downloaded this and started playing on 550 year old world, I was going to play in 3.17 but the age bug made me lose interest. And I plan to play adventurer all the time.

Is there anything you can tell a beginner?
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: November 18, 2010, 02:52:25 pm »

Spam pick up rocks and spam throw em till legendary throwing/archery if you find a good bow/crossbow and quiver and arrow use it on enemy rangers if you think they can get you from behind

Edit: Sleep in lairs after killing beasts if drowsy or just for a happy day travel back to a town to report your success, you need to avoid sleeping outside unless you got like 6 men around you

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: November 18, 2010, 06:09:08 pm »

Would it be possible to add so the caste displayed in the name? - So you can see it in Dwarftherapist? :)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: November 18, 2010, 06:15:31 pm »

names are randomly generated so I dont think its possible to have Urist McStone, Urist McDoom etc....cause they would be randomly assigned (Stone dwarf could be Urist McShroom)

Might suggest a sort by caste option over on the thread for DT

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: November 18, 2010, 06:45:20 pm »

TY I was missing the vellum at tanner part.  Didn't know the Rockball Field was just for decoration.  This would be useful information to put in the wiki.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: November 18, 2010, 07:21:07 pm »

I don't think they are just for decoration. Having a dwarf use them trains the associated skill. I think the rockball court trains dodging or maybe throwing.

On another topic: Thanks for Genesis Deon! I love it! I think you should include more of your art; its really fabulous!

Oh, and thanks for the Rogue Survivor Genesis as well! I always use that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:23:02 pm by fledermaus »

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #3913 on: November 18, 2010, 08:24:28 pm »

Hey, sorry for asking another question on savegame compatibility.

If I download the latest version and copy my world across, do you think there would be any errors?

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: November 18, 2010, 09:02:16 pm »

Sorry for the unexpertized answer, but i think that would fuck up your game
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 642