Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1204200 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3945 on: November 20, 2010, 01:15:47 pm »

Hey!  Just popping in to say I love playing this mod, it's great fun.

The fish show up as normal names if I look at them any other way than the stocks screen, ie. when a dwarf is hauling it or processing one at the fishery.  However, I am rather sure my dwarves are not fishing red dragons and cougars out of the river.   ???

If this is a known issue/just my game, just ignore this lol.

I believe it's listing everything on the map as yours... including meat and so on from subterranian populations etc. below you.  This usually happens when you have breached a cavern system.  If you hit TAB (I think that's the key) to expand your lists, you'll probably notice that the unusual meat etc. shows up as Forbidden.  In any case, this is caused by DF itself.

Nope.  The subterranean people have meat, and I can see that.  Besides, there's no such thing as jaguar and red dragon fish even in this mod.  That's the fish screen. XD  It's the names for the fish I have, somehow, since I know I have mussels and shad by now, but they're not showing up in my stocks screen...I think the cave fish are being named dragonflies.   ???

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: November 20, 2010, 01:48:32 pm »

Hey!  Just popping in to say I love playing this mod, it's great fun.

The fish show up as normal names if I look at them any other way than the stocks screen, ie. when a dwarf is hauling it or processing one at the fishery.  However, I am rather sure my dwarves are not fishing red dragons and cougars out of the river.   ???

If this is a known issue/just my game, just ignore this lol.

I believe it's listing everything on the map as yours... including meat and so on from subterranian populations etc. below you.  This usually happens when you have breached a cavern system.  If you hit TAB (I think that's the key) to expand your lists, you'll probably notice that the unusual meat etc. shows up as Forbidden.  In any case, this is caused by DF itself.

Nope.  The subterranean people have meat, and I can see that.  Besides, there's no such thing as jaguar and red dragon fish even in this mod.  That's the fish screen. XD  It's the names for the fish I have, somehow, since I know I have mussels and shad by now, but they're not showing up in my stocks screen...I think the cave fish are being named dragonflies.   ???

If you press tab while on the stocks screen, then your fish will show up as having the correct name.  I don't get it either.  In an unrelated question, why are void master illithids so durable?  It's really noticeable in adventure mode when you can actually pass out without armor in combat and wake up to win.  My void master adventurer must have like, 3 pages of scars.

theotherhiveking

• Bay Watcher
  • The ceiling... it beckons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: November 20, 2010, 01:55:37 pm »

Void masters are basically tanks. They are so big they cant even wear armor.

So i'm chasing this wounded cheetah right? I go near this dried out pond AND SUDDENLY 21 FUCKING ELANDS COME OUT OF NOWHERE TO SHATTER MY BONES WITH THEIR THUNDEROUS HOOVES OF RAMPAGING MIGHT
Your eyes must be broken. You have gone blind most likely, but the paralysing is confusing.. Could you poast a screenshot?

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #3948 on: November 20, 2010, 02:59:05 pm »

Maybe we should have a letter campaign to Toady to make smears disappear in a week (instead of many months).
fantastic idea, this needs to be solved ASAP
Edit: bah, it was already mentioned in http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Maximizing_framerate
yeah, i was spreading the word. this seems to be THE main source of lag, and it wasn't even mentioned in the wiki
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: November 20, 2010, 04:13:35 pm »

are aspid dwarves supposed to blow up in a huge ball of fire whenever they fight?  Because mine is....  Everytime he bites something, it blows up and catches fire, and when he gets cut he blows up and catches fire.
Nom nom nom

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: November 20, 2010, 05:46:47 pm »

Wow... Deon, I must admit when I first looked at Genesis, I thought, 'Ugh, this looks silly', especially since I was using the tileset, which I personally didn't like.
Anyway, I decided to try again, with the ASCII, and made a Nord.
You've won me over already, as soon as I started... Why? You gave me a seax! :D
Now I just need to find me a byrnja...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: November 20, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »

are aspid dwarves supposed to blow up in a huge ball of fire whenever they fight?  Because mine is....  Everytime he bites something, it blows up and catches fire, and when he gets cut he blows up and catches fire.
They are doom dwarves now, and yeah it's supposed to be like that until I fix some materials. I just liked the idea. It's their bite which melts and explodes things, so it's not that often.

Wow... Deon, I must admit when I first looked at Genesis, I thought, 'Ugh, this looks silly', especially since I was using the tileset, which I personally didn't like.
Anyway, I decided to try again, with the ASCII, and made a Nord.
You've won me over already, as soon as I started... Why? You gave me a seax! :D
Now I just need to find me a byrnja...
Can you tell me what a byrnja is? I couldn't google it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: November 20, 2010, 08:03:08 pm »

D'oh, typo. I meant brynja, it's just a mail shirt. :)
I did manage to find a steel mail shirt, before that adventurer copped a headshot from an arrow...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mitchman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: November 20, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »

Hey Deon!

So I really want to get into playing this mod here. Unfortunately, I have a Mac.

Now, I know it's a lot to complain about playing this since I was silly enough to get a Mac (though I love it  :) )

But I have the basic jist of it down. Use the mac version of DF 3.18 so I can load up the game, etc. etc. However, when I load it up, quite simply it doesn't work. I believe it's due to the resolution settings of the Ironhand_text.txt file, or something called that.

Now, my question is. I can actually GET the game to run perfectly if I use my favorite tileset Phoebus.png. However, if I use that then the creature sprites simply won't work/they change to Phoebus' which means ALL of your races sprites are wacky since Phoebus obviously doesn't have those graphics. Do you know how I could get the game to run with the Phoebus tileset, yet also use Ironhand's *graphics sprites* for the game/assign those sprites to Phoebus? Either that, or maybe find a solution to fix the Ironhand resolution issue with a mac at all!

Sorry if I totally screwed up this explanation, and hopefully it makes sense. This mod is damn awesome though, I gave it a test run and it's really neat with the different races! Thanks Deon!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: November 20, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »

You should be able to run this on Mac, just use the correct settings in your init.txt (you said something about resolution? It's there). I will try to look into it, but you'd better ask someone with mac who has experience in DF modding :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mitchman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: November 20, 2010, 10:28:37 pm »

Here's the error I get when I try to get in using the default pack. I have the game *running* but then it stops working. And I know the mac version works when I switch ALL the way to Phoebus. because the resolution is good. Check this out.

Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
2010-11-20 22:24:42.390 dwarfort.exe[26660:903] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
New window size: 1280x800

My guess is that the game can't *fit* in my computer's resolution. but if I set all the resolution settings to 0 in Init.txt folder and maximise the screen the Game just... fails at displaying junk, lots of black space, hardly any screen. I'm still going to play around with it, but I would like to use my Phoebus tileset (I kinda love how the water displays in Phoebus, much much better) and ALSO use the graphics that comes with this pack. Because if I use the Phoebus tileset, set the graphics to it which uses the perfect resolution for my computer it works! the game works! But obviously, the sprites aren't right. only the tiles.

Thanks for all the trouble Deon, if I can get this to work then many celebrations will be had.

Mitchman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: November 20, 2010, 11:12:48 pm »

Update: I can get the whole game to display correctly using the default tileset. Now my biggest problem really is that when I target something/look/attack/talk the options subwindow shows on the *top* and not on the bottom, effectively being blocked by the compass. Is there any way to solve this? Once I can do this I'll be perfect! :)

Alright, I think my computer screen is just too small for an 18x18 format...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:45:17 pm by Mitchman »

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: November 20, 2010, 11:38:12 pm »

Update: I can get the whole game to display correctly using the default tileset. Now my biggest problem really is that when I target something/look/attack/talk the options subwindow shows on the *top* and not on the bottom, effectively being blocked by the compass. Is there any way to solve this? Once I can do this I'll be perfect! :)

I find it on top, but it obscures the compass rather than the other way around.  It's ugly, but usable.

In regards to the deprecation warning about NSQuickDrawView, this is just a heads up that the current builds of DF are using an old display technology which may not be supported in future versions of OSX.  It's unrelated to the mod and does not indicate a problem with your settings.

By the way, if you love your computer, it wasn't a silly choice.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: November 21, 2010, 09:31:31 am »

Void masters are basically tanks. They are so big they cant even wear armor.

Yeah, most illithids cannot wear armor, if any at all (Maybe the gith?).  Neither can any Serpentfolk that I know of (perhaps lizardmen can wear torso-and-up?  I haven't tried), or Bile demons and the vampiress from Demons.  Or any werewolves.

Basically, think, "Can it rip me apart with its bare hands/tentacles/claws/teeth?"  If the answer is yes, then no armor, only shields, for them.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: November 21, 2010, 09:48:09 am »

Just a quick heads up - over many versions of Genesis, across many forts, I've never seen a single werewolf.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 642