Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202149 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4455 on: January 03, 2011, 04:37:18 pm »

Are you supposed to be able to butcher illithids?  Just noticed I have some illithid soap, which I'm sure is very good as an anaesthetic as well as for cleaning.  I haven't noticed this happen much before so I guess it might be just a certain caste needs a small correction?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: January 03, 2011, 04:39:54 pm »

Werewolves are smaller for the next version and will come in winter only. Also they will mix with centaurs if you drag to long and should kill each other, so your fortress will have more variety of enemies and more survivability.

And I noticed something a bit odd, several of my cage traps contained mutilated werewolf bodies or just skeletons
They were probably wounded before they got caught and they bled to death.

Oh and Deon, does the Phoebus tileset use the stone layers feature? Just I know Genesis has some new soil/minerals and was wondering if the icons were adjusted.
Yes, all tiles are adjusted so you won't get bats and turtles in walls or something like this.

Is there a way to have Mayday graphics, and still have all the new unit graphics in this?
Yes, but I am a bit busy now (I do some pixel art, I start to make Dwemer fortress, I am going to release 3.18e and what is the most important, I have my last (ever!) exam in a few days :D) so it will take a while unless you do it yourself.

Are you supposed to be able to butcher illithids?  Just noticed I have some illithid soap, which I'm sure is very good as an anaesthetic as well as for cleaning.  I haven't noticed this happen much before so I guess it might be just a certain caste needs a small correction?
I'll check, a non-intelligent caste would do it, but I can't check now since I didn't come over to the city yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: January 03, 2011, 05:35:43 pm »

Should I be concerned about a lone outpost mind wrestler in the caverns? He was there when I embarked.
EDIT:Specified what type of illithid it is.

Don't think so.  Outpost minds are pretty weak.  It does depend on how old it is, though.  The really ancient ones get quite large.  But even in the worst case it shouldn't be too big a threat.
A forgotten beast ended up killing it. And my fort.
Time to start an Ezrakim fort.

Hey Deon, what's the difference between a Dusk elf and an Ezrakim (elf)?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: January 03, 2011, 05:37:03 pm »

Besides for the differences mentioned in the first post/wiki?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: January 03, 2011, 05:40:45 pm »

Ezrakim has sun gold; their version of black/red steel.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: January 03, 2011, 06:12:54 pm »

Are poisons working in this version? I caught the werewolf lawgiver during a siege (werewolves are something else, some of them only had one limb left and still needed to have their brains split in half) and decided to make an extra special treat for him, in the form of a 6 z-level pit with a bloodspider, two rattlesnakes and a python at the bottom. I chucked another wolf down to test it, and while the creatures did alot of damage to him, I didn't see any sign of poison. He was vomiting, but I think that was because the fall bruised his guts. I didn't see anything about injecting poison in the combat log.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: January 03, 2011, 06:47:23 pm »

Besides for the differences mentioned in the first post/wiki?

Maybe I just got hung up on the whole "rebel/outcast" elf aspect they seem to have in common. Or maybe I just thought "Dusk -> Dust -> Sand -> Desert"

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: January 03, 2011, 09:02:45 pm »

I've noticed that Outpost mind illithids are always butcherable, though I don't know why.  hope that helps in localizing the problem.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: January 04, 2011, 03:33:25 am »

Random unsupported guess:

They may be lacking the [INTELLIGENT] and [CAN_SPEAK] tags.  I believe that would flip them over into being treated like animals.  I'll follow up on this eventually (probably day after tomorrow) if no one else does first.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: January 04, 2011, 05:12:52 am »

Random unsupported guess:

They may be lacking the [INTELLIGENT] and [CAN_SPEAK] tags.  I believe that would flip them over into being treated like animals.  I'll follow up on this eventually (probably day after tomorrow) if no one else does first.
Eh, don't you remember your own illithids? :) None of them are intelligent or can speak, but they all can learn... except for the outpost brain. I've fixed it.

Also "harmless minnow" had a strong paralyzing venom, I somehow missed it... That's why they were killing people easily. Thank you, Stolide, for modding it in :D. If others don't understand what I am talking about: once I asked people to participate in creature donation and has got a few critters from the community. Apparently I didn't look well because I allowed a "harmless minnow" of a size of a cat with paralyzing venom to slip through :D.

Now they are piranhas and their biomes are much more limited. Tropical areas are a dangerous place now (not temperate too :))). I've also added a mosquito with a poisonous sting (vermin), so tropical areas are less friendly now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: January 04, 2011, 05:17:45 am »

Awww, no more illithid leather cloaks.  8)

Sorry found another wee bug, some illithids are called Nothing Wrestlers, from the description on them I think it's the void masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: January 04, 2011, 05:27:28 am »

Thank you, they lacked a CASTE_NAME. It's fixed now.

By the way, I will want your opinion on mosquitos later. Their bites deliver malaria which causes dizziness, fever and headache... It may be another "black lung" haha. Well, there is no bleeding, coughing blood or something like that so people won't die or cover everything with blood, but still it's quite severe... Catsplosions will be a GOOD thing in evil swamps.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4467 on: January 04, 2011, 07:04:17 am »

- 3.18e Werewolves are smaller and come only in winter; new enemy: centaurs; thunderbird max.age fixed; new mosquito vermin (delivers malaria); harmless minnow -> piranha; illithid fixes; other minor fixes.

The mod now comes in ZIP format (just 1 mb more, but I will get less "what is .rar" questions this way :D.

New minor race and new megabeasts have to wait, I don't have much time now to finish them (I will turn chimera and griffon from fanciful to real critters).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4468 on: January 04, 2011, 07:57:07 am »

Does being on a tiny island away from mainland with no civilisation but dwarves shown prevent seiges? Or traders for that matter.
Yes, other civs will not come is you're on an island that doesn't have them. Use tab key to check "visiting" civs on embark map choosing.

Are you supposed to be able to butcher illithids?  Just noticed I have some illithid soap
There's a basic illithid cavern monster that is not sentient. Soap's probably from that.

Nice changes, Deon!

Fort at Bodicenight falls to the Void Master Flayers and their capable mounts..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:56:25 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4469 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:31 am »

UNICORNS!!!!!??? oh man shit just got real
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 642