Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202148 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4515 on: January 08, 2011, 01:12:35 pm »

I don't know, there must be something wrong with your system, I don't get a single crash :).
did you test any of the attacker entities or make any other race playable in fort mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: January 08, 2011, 01:24:12 pm »

So I was under siege by demons in summer year two and I'd bravely locked my doors and huddled underground.  Then a centaur siege turns up and heads straight for the demons, wiping them out with one loss and some wounded as far as I can tell.  The centaurs are hostile to me, I guess it's unintended for them to attack other evil races?  Usually they all seem happy to gang up on me. :( The centaur leader is also mounted which doesn't quite fit with what I think of centaurs galloping around on their own hooves but maybe he's just lazy. :P

Embarked on a warm map but haven't had any problems with mosquitoes yet, I don't usually go outside at all though so that might have something to do with it.  I've only got one ferret kid at the moment so I don't think they would be wiping out the mossies.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: January 08, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »

So I was under siege by demons in summer year two and I'd bravely locked my doors and huddled underground.  Then a centaur siege turns up and heads straight for the demons, wiping them out with one loss and some wounded as far as I can tell.  The centaurs are hostile to me, I guess it's unintended for them to attack other evil races?  Usually they all seem happy to gang up on me. :( The centaur leader is also mounted which doesn't quite fit with what I think of centaurs galloping around on their own hooves but maybe he's just lazy. :P

Embarked on a warm map but haven't had any problems with mosquitoes yet, I don't usually go outside at all though so that might have something to do with it.  I've only got one ferret kid at the moment so I don't think they would be wiping out the mossies.
Oh god, I don't think I can remove mounting... Now imaging a centaur MOUNTING A HORSE is a terrific view... And with all those genitals flopping around it really sounds terrible. They probably do it for fun and to discourage your dwarves from attacking.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: January 08, 2011, 01:45:41 pm »

Considering that various races in Genesis already get to use the Giant Desert Scorpion as a mount, perhaps it would only be fair to add [MOUNT] to them to allow the player to do the same?

For that matter, while they can already be tamed as a pet, while not also make them TRAINABLE? And how about making them breed-able by adding this?:
   [CHILD:1]
   [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:giant desert scorpion hatchling:giant desert scorpion hatchlings]
   [CHILDNAME:giant desert scorpion hatchling:giant desert scorpion hatchlings]

Edit: According to wikipedia, the proper name for baby scorpions is "scorplings"...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:53:42 pm by Thundercraft »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: January 08, 2011, 01:47:39 pm »

I think if you remove their usage of animals and animal products, along with the mount tag, it will stop them from riding things.
Nom nom nom

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: January 08, 2011, 01:49:31 pm »

Oh god, I don't think I can remove mounting... Now imaging a centaur MOUNTING A HORSE is a terrific view... And with all those genitals flopping around it really sounds terrible. They probably do it for fun and to discourage your dwarves from attacking.
urist: is that their leader!?
Gish: yes Urist it be, by Armok it's riding a horse?!
Urist: I don't think it's riding it Gish
*Gish Vomits*

wait keep it in and say the leaders are honored that they don't need to use their hooves to walk around for they already proven to their clan.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: January 08, 2011, 01:50:29 pm »

Oh god, I don't think I can remove mounting... Now imaging a centaur MOUNTING A HORSE is a terrific view... And with all those genitals flopping around it really sounds terrible.

How else did you expect centaurs to be produced?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: January 08, 2011, 01:50:41 pm »

It will also remove leather/bone items if I remove products... The usage of animals is not there. I think it may be hardcoded.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4523 on: January 08, 2011, 03:38:05 pm »

I don't know, there must be something wrong with your system, I don't get a single crash :).
did you test any of the attacker entities or make any other race playable in fort mode?
Illithids and demonic alliance (gobbos) and werewolves have been tested a lot by us Genesis players.
This week, centaurs work okay on my DF, but illithid sieges come sooner than centaurs :(
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: January 08, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »

Woah, just had my first ever balor attack a fort, took him down then he blew up killing my 11 military and slagging my weapon traps at the main gates!  Ouch.  And most of the outdoors is now a burnt out wasteland. 

No crashes in fortress mode here either, DF crashed a few times during world gen when I put the number of civs up to max but it worked out at medium civ numbers.

Edit: And here comes the werewolf siege on grizzly bears. ><   And then only saved from a kobold ambush by a caravan. Going well so far!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:07:38 pm by Torgan »

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »

just one thing:

sky tiles that are coated with hovering blood. ie when you fill turkeys up with bolts in the sky since they fly around all the time and generaly get in the way, i found the sky tiles get coated in blood splatters?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: January 08, 2011, 07:34:26 pm »

hey um... there's something messed up in the DF program you've got uploaded for the ASCII, it's extremly slow for no real reason, and dwarves do nothing but haul.  They won't pick up equipment, build or anything.
Nom nom nom

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: January 09, 2011, 12:28:55 am »

My game crashed right after a centaur siege appeared. That was my first Fun fortress. Water was frozen year-round so I had to live off the caravans. Anyway, great mod. Goodbye Beachedchambers, hello Keepertongs.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:34:44 am by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: January 09, 2011, 02:00:41 am »

Just one question : What is a dungeon keeper (assigned from the nooble menu) , and yet why there are so many pigeons >.< (nah my fps didn't dropped but they filled a page from the unit list , and If so are they tamable ? )
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:03:10 am by Qinetix »
Desu

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: January 09, 2011, 02:17:04 am »

Deon, are mountain gnomes supposed to be fish or have dwarfs taken to calling everything in water a fish?
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 642