Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202128 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a3 ϟ]
« Reply #5190 on: February 19, 2011, 05:00:08 pm »

Owshhhh. I forgot to include colors.txt! Ironhand definitely should be brighter. Phoebus has different colors as well.

Open your colors.txt in data\init\ and replace the contents with:

Spoiler: Ironhand (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Phoebus (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: February 19, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »

YAY!! THANKS!

Eroing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:55 pm »

Do you mean glazing? Otherise you cannot color swords.

Haven't really tried glazing out yet.. do you glaze WITH something? Because if you do that could be used.. glaze a sword with cinnabar dust+water = poisonous sword.. :)

edit: maybe cinnabar dust+oil? Not sure about glazing, like I said.. ^_^
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:13:51 pm by Eroing »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: February 19, 2011, 05:12:48 pm »

Nah, it doesn't make it poisonous. It's the same as "hanging rings", "spikes" etc., and it doesn't alter the material.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Eroing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: February 19, 2011, 05:15:00 pm »

Oh.. so there's no way to make it turn the sword toxic? ^_^ getting mercury in your blood stream might be a bit TOO toxic though.. ^_^

Sarudak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: February 19, 2011, 05:27:19 pm »

My dwarves suddenly stopped using barrels for my food stock piles. Is this a mod issue, a new vanill bug, or am I doing something wrong. I have empty barrels in my stockpile and they aren't forbidden.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: February 19, 2011, 05:29:53 pm »

3 questions:

1) What do I need to change to make Ice Dwarfs shearable?
2) Why are giant Rats not war trainable? I always mod them to be anyways, but Giant Rats are like the cutest big things ever, so they have to be war trainable.
3) Are castes carried over to the next generation like hair colour or is it always completely random?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: February 19, 2011, 05:39:31 pm »

1) You could always give them
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[YARN]
[SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
[TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP]
[INSULATION:200]

2) I didn't think about it. Well, it's a nice idea, since they are big enough for the task, and clever. I'll make it in.
3) I think it's totally random.

Another thought which crossed my mind: why not to include a slag? It would be a byproduct of a blast furnice and steel making, and it could be a glassmaking and glazing material.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: February 19, 2011, 06:31:11 pm »

Mastiffs do not have a symbol in the ASCII version.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »

Is it just me, or has the game slowed down?  Downloaded the latest version with the Ironhand graphic pack, and everything crawls when it starts up.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: February 19, 2011, 07:37:04 pm »

Is it just me, or has the game slowed down?  Downloaded the latest version with the Ironhand graphic pack, and everything crawls when it starts up.
slightly yes.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: February 19, 2011, 07:59:13 pm »

Well the slaughter of turkeys continue in my fortress. No, my dwarfs are not slaughtering turkeys but are GETTING slaughtered by turkeys. Seriously I wanna add the trainable tag to them simply because of how badass they are. Right now as I type this, ONE turkey that was the pet of one of my migrants has physically ripped apart 3 zombie buzzards and one skeletal camel.

I also had a minotaur megabeast show up RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF CLEANING UP AFTER A SIEGE. So yeah. All of my military was drinking or sleeping or eating and all my war animals were dead from undead camels so I lost about 10 dwarfs to the minotaur with only about 4 dieing straight out and the rest dieing from their injuries. Then came my first tantrum spiral. Ever.

I lost another dozen or so dwarfs since I unwisely gave everyone the woodcutter job and equipped everyone with iron axes to help fight off the undead camels. This was sound in principle but unwise in retrospect since now everyone that threw a tantrum did so with an exceptional iron ax. So I fear creating a sheriff since all of the remaining dwarfs have jail time with some having over 1000 days worth of jail time due to multiple murders.

So after one VERY inopportune megabeast that was eventually killed when my military finished screwing around nearly 30 dwarfs either died or are maimed beyond healing as axes have a tendency to sever limbs and my fort went from about 50 dwarfs to less then 10 that are functional while the rest heal from severe but not critical injuries.

I managed to stop the tantrum spiral with the help of a masterful gold statue and several lesser statues that turned anyone viewing them from a miserable mood to at least a fine mood and a couple went all the way to ecstatic.

Anyway, I love dwarf fortress and I love your mod deon!!!
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: February 19, 2011, 08:20:54 pm »

Mastiffs do not have a symbol in the ASCII version.
Ouch! I have a single wrong file in the ASCII version, thanks for telling me. The whole creature_custom_tt.txt does not have tiles for creatures (it's from an ironhand version).

Replace it with

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: February 19, 2011, 09:24:02 pm »

Great mod Deon
also Cobras don't have a pic in Iron there just severed body icon also are Lungfish spoused to spawn on the ground everywhere
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: February 19, 2011, 09:26:52 pm »

Great mod Deon
also Cobras don't have a pic in Iron there just severed body icon also are Lungfish spoused to spawn on the ground everywhere
Thanks, I renamed the cobra but not its sprite. They were sand cobras before, I made them into cobras and added to other biomes.

All you have to do is to open /raw/graphics/graphics_animal_solo.txt and rename SNAKE_SANDCOBRA to SNAKE_COBRA.
To change them in your current fort, do the same to /data/save/region*/raw/graphics/graphics_animal_solo.txt.

Well, the next release seems to be a "fixing graphics" release as well.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 642