Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202128 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25c ϟ] - animal sounds plus a fix
« Reply #6525 on: April 16, 2011, 01:46:50 pm »

''vocalizations for animals''

what does that mean? Do animals make in-game sounds now or what?
When you walk around in adv. mode cows will moo around you, deers will bell and bears will roar. It's just a start, I will add vocalization to most animals with time. And yeah, it's for adventure mode only (and it will be great with Soundsense :P; imagine entering a human town and hearing barking, moo, bleating and cackling from all around you).

You hear a loud roar.
It will be even better when you're down in a cave and:

You hear a loud cthulhuing.

With soundsense, it could even make you roll into a ball and cry in real life.
I can almost feel it!
</rambling>

KaneAndTheHumanRace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: April 16, 2011, 02:06:23 pm »

Oops, they have the same hotkey... Probably it's the reason, sorry guys :).

Actually I just realized that there's a discrepancy between item_weapon_genesis and reaction_crafting; in one the string ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS_TIP is referenced, and in the other ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS_ROCKTIP is mentioned (the same for rocktip bolts).  Would this have an effect?  I've tried playing around with them and I don't notice any difference, except now I've ended up with an object described as "rock salt rocktip arrows" vs "rock salt arrows".

I really don't know what I'm doing...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: April 16, 2011, 02:10:34 pm »

Maybe bronze collossi and other large beasts could have *thump* or something similar as their sound.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6528 on: April 16, 2011, 03:48:58 pm »

Maybe bronze collossi and other large beasts could have *thump* or something similar as their sound.
Everyone can help with this, use this format (Vanilla capybara)
Code: [Select]
[SOUND:ALERT:100:1000:VOCALIZATION:bark:barks:a loud bark]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:100:10000:VOCALIZATION:whistle:whistles:whistling]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:25:10000:VOCALIZATION:grunt:grunts:a grunt]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:5:10000:VOCALIZATION:purr:purrs:a purr]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:25:10000:NONE:click:clicks:a click]
and privatemessage-tell what creature I should give the list of sounds to. Maybe 10k is a volume, not sure. Or every 10k time ticks, and first number is volume or range. Magmawiki doesn't know, Toady knows.

Edit: metalworking picture... with chakats/foxtaurs. http://kaceym.deviantart.com/art/Learning-from-Dad-189227583
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:12:03 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: April 16, 2011, 03:50:17 pm »

You should really release things in massive updates and have beta versions for the rapid updates. Instead of regenning a new world every week we could play our fortress or choose to have a quick fort with the beta and help you tweak everything until its all good then have a new release.

Its really hard to start a fort when you know there could be a new version out the next day that fixes some massive bug or adds a totally badass new feature.

Quoting Deon: "Seriously though, no, new updates won't change anything that breaks save games."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: April 16, 2011, 04:53:19 pm »

Making moon silver in the phoebus version makes sun gold instead.

By the way, i'm just wondering, is there a way to get dwarf therapist running on linux for the newest version? The topic seems dead.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

ATR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: April 16, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

Sorry to interrupt gentlemen. Is there any use for feathers currently? Can't find it in the genesis manual or DF wiki so I assume its a new addition to genesis. I got it from butchering a Dragon Raptor. Be nice if I could decorate the tomb of my woodcutter who was eaten by him.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: April 16, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »

Making moon silver in the phoebus version makes sun gold instead.

By the way, i'm just wondering, is there a way to get dwarf therapist running on linux for the newest version? The topic seems dead.

donno anything about linux, but when i tried to run DT 6.10 with 31.25 for the first time(as it supposed not to support 31.25), a messenger box popped up and said DT had just updated to enable it to connect with 31.25, as i was planning to do it manually....
it gave me an impression that i had missed out something severely...
but it works fine
otherwise, bottom of this post probably would help you

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: April 16, 2011, 05:37:23 pm »

Quick question: Where in the scale of "weight/strength/edge" does Mithril place? I am about to make some from the alchemical laboratory (embarked on a map with NO copper, iron, clay or weapons material of any sort save for adamantine... but we do have a shitload of gold and lead!), and so I wondered where it was. Also, can you actually find it in the world or is it strictly a "magical" material?

Thanks! :)

//A, intrigued

EDIT: Nvm, I looked in the raws and calculated it myself. Hooray, I feel smart ^^

Mithril has a compressive yield/fracture of 1.5/2 million, a weight/density of 2900 (in solid form) and an edge of 70000. This places it between red steel and adamantine for the first, adamantine and iron for the second and red steel and adamantine again for the third.

Moon silver has a compressive yield/fracture of 1.034/1.379 million, a weight/density of 4000 (in solid form) and an edge of 40000. This places it on par with sun gold for the first, between mithril and iron for the second and between red and black steel for the third.

Or in short, here's what the tables look like with mithril and moon silver added:

By compressive yield/fracture:
Copper -> Cobalt -> Spellwood -> Black Bronze -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Iron -> Sun Gold/Moon Silver -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Mithril -> Adamantine

By weight/density:
Adamantine -> Mithril -> Moon Silver -> Iron -> Spellwood -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Cobalt -> Copper -> Black Bronze

By edge:
Spellwood -> Copper -> Cobalt -> Iron -> Bismuth bronze -> Black bronze -> Bronze -> Sun gold -> Steel -> Black steel -> Moon Silver -> Red steel -> Mithril -> Adamantine

EDIT2: Added moon silver as well.

Maybe you could add that Deon? Still thankful for a great mod ^^

//A, again
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:05:11 pm by Alarion »
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: April 16, 2011, 05:46:40 pm »

Scratch that. All I had to do was open up the terminal and write "sudo dwarftherapist" and it got the permissions necessary to download the newest layout. :)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: April 16, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »

Scratch that. All I had to do was open up the terminal and write "sudo dwarftherapist" and it got the permissions necessary to download the newest layout. :)

Makes me think of this.

//A, tired
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: April 16, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »

Mithril has a compressive yield/fracture of 1.5/2 million, a weight/density of 2900 (in solid form) and an edge of 70000. This places it between red steel and adamantine for the first, adamantine and iron for the second and red steel and adamantine again for the third.

Moon silver has a compressive yield/fracture of 1.034/1.379 million, a weight/density of 4000 (in solid form) and an edge of 40000. This places it on par with sun gold for the first, between mithril and iron for the second and between red and black steel for the third.

Or in short, here's what the tables look like with mithril and moon silver added:

Copper -> Cobalt -> Spellwood -> Black Bronze -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Iron -> Sun Gold/Moon Silver -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Mithril -> Adamantine

By weight/density:
Adamantine -> Mithril -> Moon Silver -> Iron -> Spellwood -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Cobalt -> Copper -> Black Bronze

By edge:
Spellwood -> Copper -> Cobalt -> Iron -> Bismuth bronze -> Black bronze -> Bronze -> Sun gold -> Steel -> Black steel -> Moon Silver -> Red steel -> Mithril -> Adamantine

Thanks for the info, that's gonna be very useful!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:35:14 pm by Raul »

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: April 16, 2011, 06:07:08 pm »

Quick question: Where in the scale of "weight/strength/edge" does Mithril place? I am about to make some from the alchemical laboratory (embarked on a map with NO copper, iron, clay or weapons material of any sort save for adamantine... but we do have a shitload of gold and lead!), and so I wondered where it was. Also, can you actually find it in the world or is it strictly a "magical" material?

Thanks!

//A, intrigued

EDIT: Nvm, I looked in the raws and calculated it myself. Hooray, I feel smart ^^

By weight/density:

By edge:

EDIT2: Added moon silver as well.

Maybe you could add that Deon? Still thankful for a great mod ^^

//A, again

Thanks for the info, that's gonna be very useful!

Glad to help ^^

Also, updated quote with even more info. I'm beginning to understand how things work around here, and it's a fantastic feeling! :D Maybe I can yet become a modder, or at least help out with things?

^^

//A, happy to be of service.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6538 on: April 16, 2011, 06:10:10 pm »

I slapped that onto the wiki. ( http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals )

Edit: aw man, don't quote giant chunks of text. Edit2: moon silver also on wiki page now.

Anyone feel like having a Challenge Fort?
Rule 1. May not wall off the outdoors. You can have a door and many traps. Let's assume siegers can break walls (but Toady hasn't implemented).
Rule 2. May not dig tunnels or rooms or caves. Dig only by channeling / open quarry style to get stones and ore. Good luck strip-mining down to the caverns!

This outdoors hut/castle embark should have better FPS as there's shorter distances and no chokepoints. And less stones to haul.
One theory says it's the stockpile count (testable by removing all piles), other theory says it's dorfs trying to replace worn clothes (testable by dorf civ never wearing clothes).

Edit3: Made an improved table to see what fps means in terms of player's time (minutes).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit4: updated http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/tips-and-advice somewhat.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:37:00 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: April 16, 2011, 06:29:36 pm »

Edit: aw man, don't quote giant chunks of text.

I was just updating it with the info, like over in the "Signs you play DF too much" thread... ;)

But really, I just came back to post it to an updated .chm file, here you go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2192899/Genesis%20Manual.chm

Enjoy :)

//A, content

EDIT: Added the values of the metals ($60 and $300, same as Sun Gold and Adamantine basically.) :) 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:43:30 pm by Alarion »
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 642