Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202149 times)

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf Fortress Wiki > DF2010:Sun berry > Bugs
Like all plants with the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, sun berries currently don't show up anywhere.

As a temporary workaround, why not delete all the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags from "plant_standard.txt" and all the "plant_botany_xxxx.txt"? Then these bugged plants should show up. Although, they'd show up in biomes they're not supposed to...

You could replace the [GOOD] and [EVIL] with "" or empty space. Even better, you could replace them with !GOOD! and !EVIL! as placeholders that get ignored by the game.
Ouch, I didn't notice this bug. Your solution works for the time being until it's fixed. Is the grass bugged the same way, or only plants? Since they are different instances, I think they are unrelated, but it's still safer to ask :).

Just did a quick test with tomi's version,
there are three shrubs with [GOOD] tag, crystal cane, sunberry and moonberry
generated a new world and embarked on 7x7 temperate joyous woods forest with two streams joining together (to satisfy [WET] plants)
and dfprospector gives me
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

to further testify this problem, i generated a new world and chose a same 7x7 forest with stream
but this time i embarked in a hot sinister area
and get

surprisingly, glumprong and thorn shard appeared, but not sliver barb, even though my embark satisfied all its requirements, just as the last one did for sunberry.

maybe there is just not enough space for them, maybe.

so to take it to the next level. new world, 12x12... oops crashed
same world... 10x10 warm/hot serene swamp with a stream
loads of moonberries and crystal canes. not a trace of sunberry.

new world... 10x10 warm serene shrubland with two streams
scarce moonberries and many crystal canes, no sunberry.

one more new world for good plants... 10x10 warm serene broadleaf/conifer forest with a brook
some moonberries and crystal canes, no sunbbery.

evil plants
new world, 10x10 sinister(with little haunted) warm swamp with one stream
lol there is a cyclops 20 tiles away from my waggon
thorn shards and glumprongs, no sliver barb

new world, 10x10 temperate sinister savanna/haunted shrubland with two streams

new world 10x10 tropical hot haunted forest with a stream

i guess this renders the problem with only sunberry and sliver barb, rather than [GOOD] n' [EVIL] tag
and there are no (structural) differences between sunberry and moon berry in raw, excpet sunberry has [EDIBLE_VERMIN] [EDIBLE_COOKED] under its seed section, if that matters its disappearance.

conclusion:
DARN you sunberry and sliver barb!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:49:49 am by Lamphare »

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile

You don't. Just download it and it's all ready to go, prepacked with the DF files as well as the mod files. Enjoy!
But do I extract the files? If I do where?
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile

Extract them anywhere you want and then execute dwarf fotress.exe inside this new extracted folder

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't. Just download it and it's all ready to go, prepacked with the DF files as well as the mod files. Enjoy!
But do I extract the files? If I do where?
1.download any graphical pack of your choice from the original post of this thread
2.unpack at a fresh location, id est without vanilla game.
3.play

or if you would like to try tomi's tweaks and addings, download from his signature and overwrite the raw directory of your freshly unpacked genesis DF.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to add skaven in? been reading alot of warhammer lately and i really want my dwarven fortress to be assaulted by skavens.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

You could replace the [GOOD] and [EVIL] with "" or empty space. Even better, you could replace them with !GOOD! and !EVIL! as placeholders that get ignored by the game.
I put --GOOD] plants now. Their freq from 100 to 10. I guess moon berry was supposed to come from altar sacrifice only? Guess I won't bother with the evil ones.

Lynx (a bigger forest cat)
Already got lynx and giant lynx in my sub-releases. Thanks for the baboons!

Is it possible to add skaven in? been reading alot of warhammer lately and i really want my dwarven fortress to be assaulted by skavens.
It's possible, but I leave the civilization-adding to Deon as he likes to draw neat icons for them. What armors and weapons do Skavens use, and do they have more castes than male or female?

It's trivial to add a duplicate of goblins and rename them to skavens..
and next Vanilla DF release Genesis should lose the werewolf civ as zillion nightcreatures including vampires and weretransformers arrive.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:34:49 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ouch, I didn't notice this bug. Your solution works for the time being until it's fixed. Is the grass bugged the same way, or only plants? Since they are different instances, I think they are unrelated, but it's still safer to ask :).

Just did a quick test with tomi's version,
Spoiler: "Lamphare's testing" (click to show/hide)

i guess this renders the problem with only sunberry and sliver barb, rather than [GOOD] n' [EVIL] tag
and there are no differences between sunberry and moon berry in raw, excpet sunberry has [EDIBLE_VERMIN] [EDIBLE_COOKED] under its seed section, if that matters its disappearance.

conclusion:
DARN you sunberry and sliver barb!

The testing is appreciated. However, it seems I've overlooked some things. Reading more closely on the wiki, I followed the bug report and I learned more. The summary of the report is:
Good/evil plants/trees don't appear (feather trees, glumprongs, sliver barbs, and sun berries)
It also has additional information:
Deleting [GOOD]/[EVIL] tags in plant_standard.txt doesn't help, but is required with more editing to make some workaround (these trees will appear in any biomes - good, evil and normal):
http://pastebin.com/vc3fLvCD
This pastebin contains code fixes for the Glumprong and Feather Tree, but that's it. I'll have to dig around to see if there's a fix for Sliver Barbs and Sun Berries, if it's even possible without an official bug fix.

Is the grass bugged the same way, or only plants? Since they are different instances, I think they are unrelated, but it's still safer to ask :).
I haven't done much testing myself. But it sounds like it's mainly the four plants mentioned in the official bug report (which includes two trees and two non-trees). Don't the usual good and evil grasses still appear? (Good grasses: bubble bulb & downy grass | Evil grasses: wormy tendril, staring eyeball)

As for the [EDIBLE_VERMIN] and [EDIBLE_COOKED] under the seed section in Sun Berry, I doubt that is the problem. There are a whole lot of plants with those tags that do appear normally.

Despite the continuing problems with Sliver Barbs and Sun Berries, this does seem to be tied into [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags:
(0017489) Jeoshua (reporter) 2011-04-23 16:58
This seems to have happened right after grass was added. I have noticed similar scarcity of modded in animals when the default frequencies of the existing animals are not changed. Basically the system is working as intended, but due to the large amount of new grass types, and their high frequency, the more rare and special types of plants are being crowded out by the ever-present grass.
(0017490) Quietust (reporter) 2011-04-23 17:09
Jeoshua: that doesn't account for the experiment I performed immediately above, where there were exactly 2 types of unaligned trees in the entire world (maple and willow) and good/evil trees still refused to show up.

I put --GOOD] plants now. Their freq from 100 to 10. I guess moon berry was supposed to come from altar sacrifice only? Guess I won't bother with the evil ones.
See above.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:25:18 am by Thundercraft »

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

for a suggestion can there be underground sieges

if so then i would recommend a civ called dark-spawn(from Dragon age series)they are like goblins but live underground.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

You cannot mod civs to siege you from the caverns / underground.

EDIT: In my fortoress dogs seemed to be stronger  than giant rats so I tested it in the arena: 18 1v1 fights with natural skills added, results:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:38:20 pm by Dutchling »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

18? Too few. Their attributes and relative size are completely random.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Giant rat is 100 kg (and Mount), dog is 34 kg, in my tunings. So Giant Rat should always win. (Large rat 25 kg, bulldog 47 kg, mastiff 83 kg)
Isn't it easier to do one 20 vs 20 test?

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I was just making a bigger arena test but the place where your cursor it when selecting the creature to fight with doesn't change back to something default.
in other words: are you interested in the results of ogres vs snakemen? :P

EDIT: You were right Deon, 16 was too few to really test. Guess what, the DOGS won this time >.> The only change was the size of the location which was 1x1 this time.
EDITEDIT: After reading some of the combat reports, I think the 1x1 arena sizes made the dogs win. They just shook the rat by the head and it probably bumped to the walls every time >.>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:34:32 pm by Dutchling »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Giant rat is 100 kg (and Mount), dog is 34 kg, in my tunings. So Giant Rat should always win. (Large rat 25 kg, bulldog 47 kg, mastiff 83 kg)
Isn't it easier to do one 20 vs 20 test?

34000 vs 100000 is not too big of a difference when biting-shaking weapons are used. That's why adventurers can be really dangerous with bites.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Iīm still surprised the dogs won most of the times. I havenīt bothered counting but they clearly won more than that they lost. Two times both of them died ^^

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, TomiTapio, still no list of old problems for me to fix >:-).

I've just remembered a huge problem which I was going to fix... and immediately forgot.
I need your help, I am a bit tired here :).

P.S. Ah, I wanted to change the coverage of items to make possible opportunuty strikes though armor, and also NERF goddamn robes and cloaks. Yeah, thanks god I remembered that! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 642