Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1202176 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

@Developers: This just gets better and better with every patch! The caste system is doing wonders in my new forged society [Poor Domples...]

Anyway, I'd love to ask; how can one play as an elven race in Fortress mode [Specifically the Sylvans] which means the graphics are also shifted to elven nature. I ask this for aboveground fort purposes and that I would love to trade with the dwarves but have my liaison an elf that works just like it should be.

Also, if you wield a sword and bow in both hands, would your warriors spar in swordsmanship and train at an archery range?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

@Developers: This just gets better and better with every patch! The caste system is doing wonders in my new forged society [Poor Domples...]

Anyway, I'd love to ask; how can one play as an elven race in Fortress mode [Specifically the Sylvans] which means the graphics are also shifted to elven nature. I ask this for aboveground fort purposes and that I would love to trade with the dwarves but have my liaison an elf that works just like it should be.

Also, if you wield a sword and bow in both hands, would your warriors spar in swordsmanship and train at an archery range?
Now this is a glaring error on Deon's part mostly due to it's as simple as slapping [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] on to your race of choice though the site you embark on will be limited on workshops and jobs genesis has for dwarves.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cute Bebilith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This mod is freaking awesome!

I have a really nice waterfall embark on version 3.2.5j, and am wondering if i can upgrade to k, or if i have to start a new fortress (ASCII versions).
Also, aboveground plants seem impossible to plant. I tried with farms on natural and irrigated soil.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now this is a glaring error on Deon's part mostly due to it's as simple as slapping [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] on to your race of choice though the site you embark on will be limited on workshops and jobs genesis has for dwarves.

Thanks for that :D, now to copy paste the nobility system and mod in the new weapons!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a really nice waterfall embark on version 3.2.5j, and am wondering if i can upgrade to k, or if i have to start a new fortress (ASCII versions).
Also, aboveground plants seem impossible to plant. I tried with farms on natural and irrigated soil.

Do not embark on mountainous regoins, you won't be able to plant them crops there.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do not embark on mountainous regoins, you won't be able to plant them crops there.
Sadly you need to make a new world. However there are a few utils to visualize the world map which could help you with finding a better site.

The skill mods are new to me as are a few casts what are the new casts? i've seen warrior and dompler so far but i'd like to know what their actual benefits are. Also is the armor layers the same as DF vanilla? my military is rocking coif/helm/mail/BP/mittens/gauntlets/boots/leggings.
Yep, it works, but if you could trade for some lamellar armor... It covers much more than a breastplate.

The elves lack a full tileset for all professions, and the mod is tailored for dwarves; but if you REALLY want it, the CIV_CONTROLLABLE will do it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, are jousting lances in the game at all? I had a wicked idea of a centaur acting as a one man cavalry charge against bandit camps.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Crux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

deon,  y u no phoebus? :(

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

illithids can live in mountains?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit the eggs hatched 89 cave crocs hatchlings--wonder if i can assign them to the underground lake which is actually under my bridge to my entrance haha 11z level drop. Do pets need to graze? i never figured it out and it doesnt make sense to have a pet you never see because its in the field constantly. Also do cave tortoises graze? cause 36 of them just hatched--omlettes for everyone except my war raptors and cave crocs they need to breed breed breed breed.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Holy shit the eggs hatched 89 cave crocs hatchlings--wonder if i can assign them to the underground lake which is actually under my bridge to my entrance haha 11z level drop. Do pets need to graze? i never figured it out and it doesnt make sense to have a pet you never see because its in the field constantly. Also do cave tortoises graze? cause 36 of them just hatched--omlettes for everyone except my war raptors and cave crocs they need to breed breed breed breed.

Only grazing animals need to graze.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only grazing animals need to graze.

Crocs don't graze, but they will fight each other if their room is too crowded, sooner or later resulting in annoying unbutcherable fatalities. You don't want that- such a large crocsplosion will earn you a fortune in 3 years when they grow up. Females should be put then into a big room full of nest boxes, near a big food stockpile accepting only eggs (quantum stockpiling optional) near a few kitchens that continously have Make Easy Meal enabled- even in the newest version, with nerfed cooking xp, you'll have some legendary cooks in no time, and some cave croc pies to drown caravans in.

And best of all, crocs in this version seem to give toughleather, which is quite a good choice of trousers / cloaks / hoods / gloves for your military.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So are turtles grazers to?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So are turtles grazers to?
Vermin, not grazers, edible.

arghy

• Bay Watcher