Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1204115 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

I love the new design, I tried to get into DF twice but I couldn't understand it and ran off until I found the LNP.

Playing on ironhand the dwarves images don't match their professions, woodcutters look like rangers, miners look like masons but when they're legendary they alternate between being masons and miners. Clear zircon walls look like night creatures, other gems seem fine.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Did you change domestic birds to require grazing?  I've never seen them  Hungry before, so I moved them to an area with cave moss.  (ducks, specifically; in 3.29R4)  i'm not positive that they're grazing, if so they don't eat much, but they were no longer Hungry. This was ok, until i try to breed one.  She stays on her nest box rather than eating and is now starving.

The Modloader is great :)

update, she survived, until the ducklings hatched, and dropped dead about 2 minutes after
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:59:20 am by smakemupagus »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I love the new design, I tried to get into DF twice but I couldn't understand it and ran off until I found the LNP.

Playing on ironhand the dwarves images don't match their professions, woodcutters look like rangers, miners look like masons but when they're legendary they alternate between being masons and miners. Clear zircon walls look like night creatures, other gems seem fine.

That's totally weird, I had no such problems. Can you upload your save file? Basically Ironhand and Phoebus use the same graphics for creatures, and it never caused problems.

Did you change domestic birds to require grazing?  I've never seen them  Hungry before, so I moved them to an area with cave moss.  (ducks, specifically; in 3.29R4)  i'm not positive that they're grazing, if so they don't eat much, but they were no longer Hungry. This was ok, until i try to breed one.  She stays on her nest box rather than eating and is now starving.

update, she survived, until the ducklings hatched, and dropped dead about 2 minutes after

Only chickens and ducks, and I did not think about egg hatching, I will remove it, thanks for reporting :).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's totally weird, I had no such problems. Can you upload your save file? Basically Ironhand and Phoebus use the same graphics for creatures, and it never caused problems.

Only chickens and ducks, and I did not think about egg hatching, I will remove it, thanks for reporting :).
Actually never mind, I loaded the game and it was absolutely fine. The only explanation I can think of is small monkeys sneaking into my house and messing with my computer while I sleep but you really can't fix monkeys.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just wanted to ask: Could you fix your problem with the dwarf therapist ? You mentioned that it closes right after you open it via the modloader.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Potatoes still make Sweet Potato starch not exactly a gamebreaker though.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

So I have this very nice map. It has a few layers of feldspar and then marble, so I have flux. Does feldspar contain any iron ores/fuel stones? Is it worth the time to dig there? I'm currently setting up an early defense with a few bridges and rock serrated discs (those should hold off the beastmen at least).
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just wanted to ask: Could you fix your problem with the dwarf therapist ? You mentioned that it closes right after you open it via the modloader.
No because apparently VB tries to open the .exe with its folder as root which leads to the lack of necessary files so it disappears. It only works if you make a non-relative link, but you cannot do it for everyone to use. So my button just opens the therapist folder.

So I have this very nice map. It has a few layers of feldspar and then marble, so I have flux. Does feldspar contain any iron ores/fuel stones? Is it worth the time to dig there? I'm currently setting up an early defense with a few bridges and rock serrated discs (those should hold off the beastmen at least).
Feldspar is a form of microcline and it's used in glaze, so you can glaze your claywork with it.
Also it has igneous intrusive properties in raws, so it may contain pentlandite (40% nickel, 40% iron, 6% cobalt) and fluorspar (flux) which means that if you have a lot and you are a bit lucky, you can get steel industry.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feldspar is a form of microcline and it's used in glaze, so you can glaze your claywork with it.
Also it has igneous intrusive properties in raws, so it may contain pentlandite (40% nickel, 40% iron, 6% cobalt) and fluorspar (flux) which means that if you have a lot and you are a bit lucky, you can get steel industry.

i can confirm this, i have a assload of feldspar and it does contain pentlandite.

also Deon, any luck figuring out why vanilla DT + caste patch has the caste in tooltip, and yours does not?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Because I use a different version of DT. I will figure it out for the next release :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

alright cool, for now i just use my unofficial method of deleting your folder and replacing it with mine.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

i can confirm this, i have a assload of feldspar and it does contain pentlandite.

also Deon, any luck figuring out why vanilla DT + caste patch has the caste in tooltip, and yours does not?

Nice. This fortress is destined for great things!
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah Genesis's main plus point is the reworked ore occurences, never again do you have 30 embarks without useable metals. despite the site finder saying otherwise

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since you reworked Rocktip Bolts they're equipped as regular bolts, the Rocktip Bolts category no longer serves a purpose.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving the newest version of Genesis, but have a question:  are engravings supposed to show weird symbols?  Never seen that before using a graphics pack, but both Ironhand and Phoebus are showing weird symbols for engravings... not sure if it's a feature or a bug, since they do seem to relate to the pictures, somewhat.  Eg, symbol of a table for an engraving of a table.  If it's intentional, its a neat idea, but it makes things look very confusing :s
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 642