Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2209885 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Sequel or Do-over?
« Reply #10905 on: January 17, 2015, 02:00:06 pm »

Okay people, I'm working on the beta OP for the reboot. I've sent it to a few people, but so far I've only heard back from 3 of them. In the meantime, I'm looking for volunteers. The founders/volunteers can pick thier skills except the two soldiers I plan on bringing. Notes on tools (I'm boosting starting points for the tools; we may need the sturdier items.) 4 Iron picks, an anvil, and an iron hatchet, 8 bundles of leather, and some ores/coal for covering some of the nonedible basics and my initial plan. Those who volunteer now will get a beta OP to give them an idea of what's going on.

Anyway, the skills can be as useful or worthless as you like.

VOLUNTEERS
1. Splint "The Leader" (2 Mason/Engraver/Building Designer/Leader, 1 Persuader/Intimidator)
2. Aseaheru "Negligent dwarficide waiting to happen (AKA group doctor)" (3 Diagnoser 2 suture/wound dress, 1 bone doctor/surgery)
3. Propman "Head Chef" (4 cook, 2 comedian, 1 flatterer/wood crafter/butcher/lye maker) 
4. Lolfail "The Smith" (2 Weapon/Armorsmith/Metalcraft, 1 conversationalist, 2 liar, 1 wood burner)
5. Leonkr "The Lumberdwarf" (3 woodcutter, 2 carpenter/woodcraft, 1 axe/persuader/comedian)
6. Zacen "The Swordsdwarf" (3 Discipline, 2 Armor, 2 Dodge, 2 Shield, 1 Sword, 1 Fish Cleaner)
7. Deus Asmoth "The Speardwarf" (3 Discipline, 2 Armor, 2 Dodge, 2 Shield, 1 Spear, 1 Soaper)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: January 17, 2015, 02:07:00 pm »

I never replied because I dident see any issues with it.

In any case, I would like to grab a male dwarf with basic doctor skills and a little extra in diagnosing. Someone to clean up the place and put people back together, yes?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: January 17, 2015, 02:14:53 pm »

Done. You're the group doctor now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: January 17, 2015, 02:28:55 pm »

Can I take Soldier B? This intrigues me and I'd like to be involved in the next bout of madness from the beginning.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: January 17, 2015, 02:39:04 pm »

Done, they're yours. I'll get the Beta OP spellchecked and send it to you for any input.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: January 17, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »

I shall accept a male dwarf with cooking as his primary skill, and his secondary skills if any, being randomized. Let us see how the spawn taste!
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: January 17, 2015, 06:34:01 pm »

I shall accept a male dwarf with cooking as his primary skill, and his secondary skills if any, being randomized. Let us see how the spawn taste!

Gave you some nice thoroughly disjointed and largely unrelated skills.

EDIT: Beginning the test for the Onol-kor. Doing this separate since megabeasts have a disturbing habit of wrecking mountainhome sites and spawn and dwarves would prove too much competition I'm sure.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: January 17, 2015, 09:33:39 pm »

Forgotten beasts are rather organized in this edition indeed. One historical report of mine had no less then 60 rocs tear down a human town they didn't like.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: January 17, 2015, 09:48:33 pm »

Forgotten beasts are rather organized in this edition indeed. One historical report of mine had no less then 60 rocs tear down a human town they didn't like.

I would just like to point out the bolded words do not equate to the same type of creature. Seems a number of people (not just you Propman) have been making that mistake lately.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: January 17, 2015, 09:54:54 pm »

Quote from: Splint
I would just like to point out the bolded words do not equate to the same type of creature. Seems a number of people (not just you Propman) have been making that mistake lately.

Is that so? If that is the case, that only makes it more perplexing that megabeasts would have accomplices. Are they perhaps, megabeasts tamed by a civ?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: January 17, 2015, 10:05:25 pm »

Quote from: Splint

Is that so? If that is the case, that only makes it more perplexing that megabeasts would have accomplices. Are they perhaps, megabeasts tamed by a civ?

Well. That's a horrible thought.

And yes, different critters.
Forgotten Beast: Randomly generated abominations that are one of a kind, found in the caverns
Titan: Same as above but on the surface
Roc, Hydra, Dragon, Bronze Colossus: "Generic" megabeasts that (colossi aside,) can be tamed, bred, and sicced on enemy forces.
Giants, Ettins, Cyclops, Minotaurs: Semi-megabeasts; they lack the sheer size and power of the megabeasts and random nature of the Titans/FBs, but can use weapons and are still bigger than most other creatures. The first three are often quite laughable against one or two good soldiers or a melee dwarf backed up by a marksdwarf or two though Minotaurs are especially dangerous if they get thier hands on a weapon since they have natural melee combat skills, both armed and unarmed.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: January 17, 2015, 10:23:23 pm »

Well. That's a horrible thought.

And yes, different critters.
Forgotten Beast: Randomly generated abominations that are one of a kind, found in the caverns
Titan: Same as above but on the surface
Roc, Hydra, Dragon, Bronze Colossus: "Generic" megabeasts that (colossi aside,) can be tamed, bred, and sicced on enemy forces.
Giants, Ettins, Cyclops, Minotaurs: Semi-megabeasts; they lack the sheer size and power of the megabeasts and random nature of the Titans/FBs, but can use weapons and are still bigger than most other creatures. The first three are often quite laughable against one or two good soldiers or a melee dwarf backed up by a marksdwarf or two though Minotaurs are especially dangerous if they get thier hands on a weapon since they have natural melee combat skills, both armed and unarmed.

Oh, that was just a fumble on my part (FBs and Rocs are both megabeasts, after all). I thought you meant that the message generated meant that it was a Roc + 59 accomplices which might or might not also have been rocs attacking at once.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: January 17, 2015, 10:24:50 pm »

S'all good. I meant actual FBs when I said they seem to have a bad habit of trashing dwarf (or similar) sites. Quite a few spawn- and dwarf-less worlds were due to them.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: January 18, 2015, 02:26:08 am »

I'll probably regret this, but I'll take Soldier A, also I didn't reply for the same reason Asea didn't, I just didn't see anything that I felt the need to comment on.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: January 18, 2015, 06:02:13 am »

Can I grab a metalworker? I wouldn't mind a metalworker... I mean, if that's ok with you '^^

E: And yeah, I didn't really reply to the PM because I didn't think my input was... you know... necessary. You guys had it all figured out.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:09:35 am by Lolfail0009 »
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 815