Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2209762 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

EDIT: How cute ! A migrant came with a baby pet of the creature you added Frog :)

Damn straight they're cute!

Probably gonna give them a once-over tomorrow, since I remember half-assing the eggs horribly and want to see what I can fix in that capacity :V  Pity I can't make them metamorphose properly.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:58:20 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Built a tech lab ! Haha, I love the descriptions I added. They are working perfectly fine.
Noticed some more typos in the raws when browsing through the Tech Lab. Will update the dropbox file soon enough.

I will also post some screeshots for you guys :)

EDIT: Screenshots of the Tech Lab menu !
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ps: how do you resize images ?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:38:15 am by Nakéen »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Doesn't the [CRAZED] tag just make them attack absolutely everything? While I don't actually object to infighting Spawn, it seems counterproductive.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The [CRAZED] tag make the creature attack everything except its own species.
So degenerate spawns won't attack each others, but they will attack megaspawns and the like.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Ah. I had heard that they just attack everything. Yep, [CRAZED] sounds fairly logical.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Those screenshots are promising. Very promising.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some more news from the testing front.

It's already winter again. Agents from Ballpoint and Parasol arrived as usual, and brought some encoded datachips this time. Sadly, they were far too much expensive for us (10000 dwarfbucks for the uranium smelting one), and our economy is still in its infancy stage.

The guards seem...tense. They periodically became enraged for some obscure reasons. Thankfully, the rage didn't manifest as violent behavior.
(honestly I don't know what is causing this behavior. May be linked to some 0.42.XX changes ?)

Some civilization tab browsing revealed Goblins are waging war against the Parasolians. Goblins don't stand a chance against their crazy weaponry.

Also, some non-dwarf infiltrated our civilization.

Previous reports :
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102730.msg6679751#msg6679751
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102730.msg6679835#msg6679835
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:32:40 pm by Nakéen »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

If you really need to buy some stuff and don't care about exploits, just make some spiked balls out of glass or something. :V Free shit.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Prepared meals are good for trade.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

The guards seem...tense. They periodically became enraged for some obscure reasons. Thankfully, the rage didn't manifest as violent behavior. (honestly I don't know what is causing this behavior. May be linked to some 0.42.XX changes ?)

I've seen similar behaviour in my own fort. Seems to be the result of getting in an argument with another dwarf, I think.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prepared meals are good for trade.

I'm actually struggling to keep my dwarves fed xD 
A flock of kea stole all our seeds on embark, urgh. And the embark is devoid of any plant, so no gathering.

I've seen similar behaviour in my own fort. Seems to be the result of getting in an argument with another dwarf, I think.

That's what I thought too. Seem Parasol and Ballpoint don't see each other eye to eye heh ? That's really immersing !

If you really need to buy some stuff and don't care about exploits, just make some spiked balls out of glass or something. :V Free shit.

I always forgot to sell my trap comps. I don't know, I instantly put them into traps and forget about them x)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I usually manufacture them to order as well, but issuing a quick order for a few from a good craftsman can get you a lot of goods.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Oof, no plants and stolen seeds?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Clearly the solution to that problem is to dig to the caverns ASAP and harvest wild plump helmets.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's what I intended to do. Problem is, miner stopped digging to hunt for vermin. But their were no vermin.
So they were locked in the "hunt small animal" job, and didn't want to relinquish their picks.

So I had to wait the caravan for a whole season with dwarves hallucinating flying plump helmets and trying to chase them. (it was as bad as it sounds :p)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:03:57 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 815