Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How did you discover Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 3557 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you discover Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 10:16:29 pm »

I first became interested in DF back in 2010. I can't recall exactly when or where I first heard about it. (Likely, I found a reference to it as a roguelike as I was interested in them at the time.) But I do know that YouTube videos are what really grabbed my attention. In particular, it was captnduck's tutorials and videos showing DF through Stonesense and 3D visualizers. That, and I was drawn in by stories like Bronzemurder.

Also, the DF wiki was amazing, even back then. And I was blown away by DF's fluid simulation and how players managed to create complex waterwheel computers to keep track of the days of the dwarven year or even more complex calculations.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:18:49 pm by Thundercraft »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How did you discover Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 10:19:22 pm »

A friend started talking about a camel that was wrecking their shit in detail in chat, and i knew i had to try this murder simulator myself.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 [3]