Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 214667 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC
« Reply #4125 on: January 31, 2021, 10:59:54 pm »

"I'm not really keen on whacking random people over the head for this. I think I'm with Faith here." Noriko sighed, placing a thumb and finger on her eyebrows. "Can't we just mimic the uniform and walk in? We aren't going to be here that long, nobody's really going to have time to wonder who the new girl is."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: February 01, 2021, 09:59:44 pm »

"Employee IDs mainly. With magic on lockdown, if someone does question what the employee is doing in an unexpected place, that's your only out. If you want to take that risk, could probably get away with it." Shef considered. Regardless of what the others might think, he wasn't particularly keen on kidnapping anyone. It simply seemed to him the lowest risk option in a situation where any misstep on their part would result in a bomb detonating amongst a bunch of civilians.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: February 03, 2021, 03:36:52 pm »

Faith shrugged widely. "I mean, like, if we are talking a full on staff back entryway, I don't honestly really see a reason we have to go in both entrances. If we just go in staggered, it's not like it will be suspicious that people are going in the front door... 'cuz... you know... that's the way people enter. Uh, Yuki, how about you come in with me? Everyone else could go alone or in a pair if they want, but don't people usually come to places like this with a friend or something?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Weddings and Seagull Murder
« Reply #4128 on: February 14, 2021, 11:16:18 pm »

"Ooooh, disguises-" Yuki started; that would be so cool though, the whole infiltrating, pretending to be someone else, all that- oh wait, Faith didn't... right right, big sister duties, be a good influence not a bad one. "I mean, yeah, I'll, uh, go with Faith."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4129 on: February 15, 2021, 12:27:14 am »

"This is normally where I'd crack a joke about looking plenty lonely to be going alone." If she got any amusement out of that thought, it was hard to tell. "I'll just loiter around for a bit or something out here, then go in. Shef, I don't suppose you're good with pretending to be an Aethertide princess pretending to be a random Earth clubber, are you?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: February 15, 2021, 09:04:17 am »

Shef cocked his head. "If it betters our odds." He was pretty sure she was joking, but he wasn't absolutely certain. So to follow up, he asked, "Does it better our odds?" On the other hand, he'd argue that having coverage of two entrances bettered their odds, but that seemed to be irrelevant to the others, so maybe odds wasn't what they were judging.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: February 16, 2021, 04:40:13 pm »

Minato rubbed his chin, thinking.
"If we're pretending to be clubbers, we should all go in together. It looks natural to have a group of friends walking in, and it minimises the chances that some random's going to approach us while we do our work. If we went in pair by pair, Yuki and Faith here might get held up. Of course, Shef's going to get side-eyed no matter what, so....that's going prove an issue."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: February 16, 2021, 05:38:41 pm »

Faith made a little "hmm" noise. "Um, I think Shef is right about us not wanting to all go in at once - that isn't really a problem right now but if one of us gets, uhhhh, rumbled, then they'll know all of us are looking for what we're looking for. So we should go in alone or in pairs. It's, just, uh.. y'know... trying to kidnap and replace employees WOULD be a problem right now."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4133 on: February 17, 2021, 05:09:21 pm »

"I don't think it will, no." It might actually do so, but she didn't really want to walk around pretending Shef was her girlfriend. "We should probably get moving sooner rather than later, either way, it's starting to look weird for us to just be loitering around outside."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: February 24, 2021, 10:15:01 am »

Everyone
You split into pairs, entering the club in seperate groups. Minato and Noriko. Faith and Yuki. Shef and his general aura of sketchiness that made everyone else not want to pair up with him.

It is agreed that Minato and Noriko with take the booth. Minato's Gaia Driver should be able to passively detect any magical failsafes if he gets close enough, and unlike Faith he should be able to access the male bathrooms without raising suspicion. Noriko meanwhile should be able to destroy such failsafes with Agneyastra and launch away any mundane explosives. Finding such explosives could be trickier, out of everyone gathered Shef probably would be the best choice but since Noriko was strangely and inexplicably hesitant for him to disguise himself as her not-a-girlfriend disguised as someone else the general verdict was that a man drinking water alone at a booth would be a touch too suspicious.

((In the interest of keeping things moving, I'm including Errant Thoughts in these posts. Think of them as possible courses of action if you're not sure what to do.))

Minato and Noriko
You two are first through the entrance and near-immediately get showered with confetti. Apparently you're the 100th couple this evening. Meaning you two get some chocolates, some roses, and the "privilege" of answering questions from a far too enthusiastic staff member. "OMG! You too look so cute together! How long have you been together?" Oh not long, you only got together recently. Very recently. "Oh wow! You look like you've been together waaay longer!" The fuck's that suppose to mean? "If you don't mind me asking, just how did you two lovebirds meet?" You certainly do mind. But since the conversation is already heading down this path, you'll say... Tinder. It's always fucking Tinder. Nice and vague. Not that the questions stop. Hoo boy do the questions not stop, you two get interrogated all the way up to the VIP booths. If the walk was a few steps longer you're pretty sure she'd have moved onto your sex lives.

You two are now on the balconies overlooking the dance floor. The VIP booths as they were. You note a security guard at the bottom of the stairs, a maintenance closet at the top of the stairs, and dedicated toilets at the end of the rows of booths.

Noriko, as you pass by the maintenance closet you notice something. It's faint, barely perceivable under the bass reverberations and air conditioning, but perceivable nonetheless - breath. The cadence of something or somethings breathing. Not human patterns either. Either they've stationed a squad inside that closet or these's a group of completely unrelated monsters hiding in there. Knowing your luck it could be either.

Hanzo's booth is a ways deeper into the area than your own. You'd pass his on the way to the bathrooms. He'd pass yours on the way to the stairs. He's surrounded by two women and some goons. Regular goons you think. Or at least, formerly human goons. Might be Awakened, might not be. They're a little talkative and animated to be Hunters in disguise though. The booth next to theirs? Definitely Hunters. They're a bit too mechanical and stare a little too intensely at you as you make your way to your own booth.

They're not suspicious of you, at least you don't think they are, just observing the newcomers.

Spoiler: Errant Thoughts (click to show/hide)

Faith, Shef, and Yuki
So after Minato and Noriko get bukkake'd by confetti on the way in, you three enter the club. You only had one VIP booth booked so that means you three are stuck downstairs at the bar and dance floor til you figure a way to go upstairs, or to make Hanzo come down to you.

The place is well, it's a night club. An undulating mass of bodies reverberating in tune with the music. Ten bad decisions happen every second here, aided by alcohol and often a few harder, less legal substances. Psychedelic visuals flash on the screen behind the DJ casting harsh shadows across the dancefloor.

Yuki, you think you might be able to get away with using your Black Arrows here. You're, still not 100% what they are, something about Taoism or something? But they're not magic and they'll blend in with the shadows well enough. Course the moment you discharge them, yeah someone will probably notice something amiss.

Faith you notice a few gazes swinging over to you and your sister. Those kind of gazes. You're under illusion and all, but it still sets your stomach turning that little bit, adding a little bit more unease to the whole "man rigged with explosives in crowded nightclub" situation.

Hanzo and your teammates should be in the VIP booths upstairs. A security guard is stationed at the foot of the stairs so it'll be a little trickier than just waltzing your way up there. Beyond that, you spot at three bars, two smaller ones, one main bar. Drinks for the VIP booths get prepared at the main bar and delivered by members of staff up the stairs. Which member of staff it is varies and between the strobing lights and generally frantic work pace you doubt they'd be checking each other's faces, instead they seem to have an ID card scanner. Good to know.

Beyond that, there's the secondary goal here - finding the other threats. There's probably a few Hunters stationed here under some illusion cover. If you can find them you could be in a good place to kill them the moment you go loud.

Spoiler: Errant Thoughts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Enemy Positions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: February 26, 2021, 01:36:17 pm »

Faith had to consciously keep her lips from forming into a snarl as she saw and felt the gazes coming her way - she was disguised, and she had a mission to do, so she was able to tamp down the impulse - it was just frustrating. Still as far as the mission went... Faith mostly wanted to be using passive magic sensing for now, since getting hints of magical presence or spells would be a lot of useful information on its own. But she... really, really didn't want to start cavorting around with random people and drinking things, so... she leaned sideways towards Yuki and spoke to her: "Hey, so, I'm really not all that suited for the "club socialization" thing, but I want to see if I can sense anything, so maybe I act like I'm kind of half here as a chaperone for you? And you be... I dunno, something, you can come up with something, right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4136 on: February 27, 2021, 07:56:30 pm »

"Minato, I apologize." She thumped her head onto the table they shared. "I'm not mad about the headshot thing. Dying there would have been better than this." Noriko sighed, then picked herself back up, trying to not look thoroughly irritated by what was happening and mostly failing. Instead, she reached out with her Requiem, seeing if she could detect any notable disturbances around Hanzo or in general - though she doubted she'd be able to pick up much with the chaotic environment. "There's something in that closet, by the way. Dunno what, but it's not human."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: March 08, 2021, 05:54:34 pm »

Minato lifts an eyebrow.
"Headshot thing?"
For his part, he checks his phone, pretending to be playing on it. Actually, he had been checking any readings he might be picking up on the Gaia Driver from their current stalkers. While the Driver sent readings to his helmet while in transformed form, Minato, for quite obvious reasons, couldn't simply turn into Masked Knight Gaia here, and so Tsukasa had developed an app that allowed him to pick up readings without transforming.

Which, in a stealth-based situation, was pretty useful.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: March 08, 2021, 09:03:42 pm »

[Grumbling about the male gaze and suggesting that Yuki use her chuuni for non-delusional reasons]

Yuki visibly brightened at the suggestion. "Oooh! That'll be fun~ I have just the idea, they'll never be able to tell it's fake. You just follow my lead, ok?" Yuki said, before straightening up and then going straight to the VIP area; no looking around or hesitation, as far as someone on the outside would see she had her destination in mind without a shred of doubt or worry.

Then she'd try to fast talk her way in - convince them she was some rich girl who of course belonged in the VIP section, it was frankly insulting to imply otherwise, and yes she would be bringing her aide with her and if you had a problem you could route it through a long line of people who are paid too much to care about you, and all this was delivered with enough unwavering conviction that it was difficult to tell whether she was still just lying through her teeth or had conjured up a whole new delusion to believe for the time.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: March 08, 2021, 09:23:34 pm »

Shef watched the two leave the ground floor. It wasn't breaking the plan, just, unexpected that they'd go for it right away. Still. He sent a text to Faith, somehow he didn't know what kind of information Yuki would give him.

Anything I should know? Also please please do not let her drink anything.

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 285