Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1291737 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1665 on: August 18, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »

Gunned down a gang of terrorists with my SMG inside the body of a priestess infused with magical rocks from an ancient and powerful civilization. Goddamn I love this game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 18, 2013, 05:26:52 pm »

Brought the Golden Key to the Tunnel Man, Temple shortcut unlocked!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 19, 2013, 11:09:46 pm »

After redoing my skill setup, took on the baboon king again. Only needed to revive one char only once, and the others never seemed to be in much banger. Holy hell, a full-linker Landsknecht is awesome!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 22, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »

Tried out the new quickfix with a RL friend who was tightly coordinating with me.  He was a quickfix medic, I was a pure stock soldier.  With the 25% overheal I would have more than full health after rocket jumping, and by giving him some warning I could drag him along for my rocket jumps.  We kicked ass across several different game modes, our team usually winning.  The highlight was repeatedly capturing the intel on 2fort by jumping over the bridge onto the battlements, or up that hole one the main entrance.  When the map rotated off 2fort I had 18 deaths 55 kills and several captures.

I can only imagine the terror their sniper felt upon seeing a soldier, medic, and rocket all hurtling in the air towards him.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 23, 2013, 02:58:51 am »

Tried out the new quickfix with a RL friend who was tightly coordinating with me.  He was a quickfix medic, I was a pure stock soldier.  With the 25% overheal I would have more than full health after rocket jumping, and by giving him some warning I could drag him along for my rocket jumps.  We kicked ass across several different game modes, our team usually winning.  The highlight was repeatedly capturing the intel on 2fort by jumping over the bridge onto the battlements, or up that hole one the main entrance.  When the map rotated off 2fort I had 18 deaths 55 kills and several captures.

I can only imagine the terror their sniper felt upon seeing a soldier, medic, and rocket all hurtling in the air towards him.

Yeah, earlier today I took a Quick-Fix Medic sticky-jumping. Thing is, it's /very/ easy to die when there's diehard snipers there, but a simple grenade while you're still flying is enough to startle them.

Also, I landed on top of a sniper after an 8x crit crouch'd sticky jump. If I was playing on a goomba server, that should've killed him instantly. Heh.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 23, 2013, 11:02:05 am »

Took my monk companion through a boss run of a dungeon, expecting him to get through a couple before getting defeated.  I just wanted to kill time and use him a bit more mostly.

So we go in, and I have him use his new berserk skill at the beginning of each fight.

*boom* Down goes a giant flying eyeball.
*boom* Down goes a hugeass pillbug.
*boom* Down goes a volcanic crab.
*boom* Down go two boss slimes.
*boom* Down goes a child-like archer.

It was like the fist of god.  O_O

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 23, 2013, 11:47:14 am »

Archers, Ballistae, and a point or two in the Ballistics skill, with some Vikings running backup. It's rare for the enemy to even reach melee range before surrendering. Fear truly is an infectous disease in this game.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »

(Hardly my own, but it felt awesome anyway)

I was just jogging towards the sounds of gunfire and explosions, enjoying the relative peace before I got into battle. As I come up to a large warehouse I can hear helicopter blades, rapidly approaching. Pulling out my stinger I run towards the cover of the wall but I'm not fast enough. When I'm still about 15 metres away a gunship rises up from behind the building and slowly turns to face me.
As the front swings towards me I can almost hear the pilot breathing behind his face mask, or see the minigun under the nose start to spin in preparation of cleaving me in half.
I pull up my launcher but I already know I won't have enough time to get a lock.

Suddenly, precious milliseconds before the pilot could pull his trigger, an anti-air rocket flies in from the right and cleaves the helicopter in two. The two parts fall far off to my left, and I let out a little nervous giggle while I run on.

That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 23, 2013, 01:02:01 pm »

Yeah, earlier today I took a Quick-Fix Medic sticky-jumping. Thing is, it's /very/ easy to die when there's diehard snipers there, but a simple grenade while you're still flying is enough to startle them.

Also, I landed on top of a sniper after an 8x crit crouch'd sticky jump. If I was playing on a goomba server, that should've killed him instantly. Heh.

The server we were playing on had mediocre snipers and almost no engies.  I specifically didn't want to play on 2fort at the start (the server ended up switching to it) because it can become so hard for either side to attack, but no one ever got sentries up outside of the sewers, and the snipers failed to lock down the top area, so it all worked out.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 23, 2013, 01:20:46 pm »

Jonah the Librarian with teleport power, Thaddeus with assault jump, and the FC with assault jump, plus Cyrus spotting and laying those big remote bombs equals an all deepstrike, all insta-rapestomp force. One moment, you're sitting there quietly, waiting for the damnable Bloody Magpies to try to steal your shit, and weird, there is a heat shimmer over there in the ai- THUD THUD THUD THUD BWOOOP- OH FUCK FIVE SPACE MARINES WHERE THE FUC- THEY ALL HAVE POWER WEAPONS OH GOD RUN EVERYONE RUN- BANG- OH FUCK EVERYONE THAT RAN IS DEAD WHAT THE FUCK-

And you're dead. Good times.

Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 23, 2013, 03:12:51 pm »

I thought I was going to be doing awfully... I took up a demoman with the loch-n-load because I've been playing other classes for a while. I was missing all over the place and our team was getting stomped. One soldier was rocketjumping around and beating the shit out of me. Kind of embarrasing.
Regardless, me and my friend were working together to try and get some tight defenses down, and we were doing okay at it. Then I started to get my lochnload skills unrusted. And oh was it glorious. Forcing medics to pop uber way back from the front lines, destroying heavies in no time at all, catching scouts as they round corners, and even getting that soldier. Man that is the stuff.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:29:23 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 23, 2013, 05:02:55 pm »

I managed to nearly completely conquer my fear of caving in minecraft.

HOORAY! I AM NO LONGER BOUND BY FUCKING CREEPERS!
It's skeletons you should be afraid of.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 24, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »

Well, second try at Cradle guardian, and THIS time, I kicked his ass all over the place with no problem(didn't let him arm mixer me at the last moment), didn't even really need much healing, and never needed to revive at all!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 24, 2013, 06:17:04 pm »

Beat the entire thing. No Miss Clear, Hard Clear, Speed King. All with Luigi, a character I normally hate. I wasn't even trying that hard and I beat the entire thing without losing a single stock; I don't even think I went over 100% damage. I aced all the Bonus Stages too.

Super Smash Bros.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 25, 2013, 04:14:17 am »

Took down a Yian Kut Ku with no damage, in just over five minutes. FLAWLESS VICTORY. Now for that motherfucking Plesioth.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 709