Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1291799 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1860 on: November 07, 2013, 04:23:47 am »

Beat the game, on hard mode for the first time.  Not much, but it's been a while since I've finished a game.

Batman: Arkham City
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: November 07, 2013, 06:56:22 am »

So, I am DMing for my group, Pathfinder Rules...
I wanted to start something new, something that I could get their minds away from my pisspoor DMing of the past campaigns where I overpowered them by accident. Cause if I was a player, I would want to go back to that, but as a DM, NOPE. RESTART PLEASE!...

So I came up with a great idea, we were planning on starting a new campaign, mainly the Sundering one for the new DnD Next that come out with Baldaur's Gate and such. So what better way then a small introdungeon self made to give them a little more reasoning on how they got the Baldaur's Gate.

How about a Villain they can chase/fight every now and then... Brilliant I said. Wait I know, how about a Lich, so that way I can make him reaccuring yet they can kick the living snot out of and it takes him a while to reappear. Cause Lichs and their Phylactery does that....

Now to find a great villain character, well I could make one... BUT, How about I use this guy, I mean this was one where one of my players DMed, he had this book thing that no one was spos to care about, but I took it, kinda like a Necromonicon but more a Recipe Book on how to be Evil. Boom. IDEAS!!!

Now, how to "piss off" my players. Ooooooo... Kill off their old characters from those fail campaigns by making them NPC sacrifices for the Lich Transformation... DONE...

~-~-Game Night-~-~

So after fighting through a Room of Easy Zombies to get their head around combat (new players included here) and a reminder on Pathfinder ruleset cause we had been on break for Uni Finals. Next a Room of Easish Skeles with a Range attacker or two. Good delt a good bit of damage to them with a little more thinking then, GAH SMASH they normally do...

Next room. Husk like Monster, coated in a black ooze that is pure evil, carrying two Mythril Swords, each able to contain fire and poision respectivly, Just like one of their older characters backstories. 2/4 players spotted this, character creator failed to until the last moments when they put an arrow between the creatures eyes and the ooze dispirits...

Now then, time for the slow clap and reveal of the villain...

Players - Oh fuck you DM!!!...

Moments like this is why we DM...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 07, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »

So, I am DMing for my group, Pathfinder Rules...
I wanted to start something new, something that I could get their minds away from my pisspoor DMing of the past campaigns where I overpowered them by accident. Cause if I was a player, I would want to go back to that, but as a DM, NOPE. RESTART PLEASE!...

So I came up with a great idea, we were planning on starting a new campaign, mainly the Sundering one for the new DnD Next that come out with Baldaur's Gate and such. So what better way then a small introdungeon self made to give them a little more reasoning on how they got the Baldaur's Gate.

How about a Villain they can chase/fight every now and then... Brilliant I said. Wait I know, how about a Lich, so that way I can make him reaccuring yet they can kick the living snot out of and it takes him a while to reappear. Cause Lichs and their Phylactery does that....

Now to find a great villain character, well I could make one... BUT, How about I use this guy, I mean this was one where one of my players DMed, he had this book thing that no one was spos to care about, but I took it, kinda like a Necromonicon but more a Recipe Book on how to be Evil. Boom. IDEAS!!!

Now, how to "piss off" my players. Ooooooo... Kill off their old characters from those fail campaigns by making them NPC sacrifices for the Lich Transformation... DONE...

~-~-Game Night-~-~

So after fighting through a Room of Easy Zombies to get their head around combat (new players included here) and a reminder on Pathfinder ruleset cause we had been on break for Uni Finals. Next a Room of Easish Skeles with a Range attacker or two. Good delt a good bit of damage to them with a little more thinking then, GAH SMASH they normally do...

Next room. Husk like Monster, coated in a black ooze that is pure evil, carrying two Mythril Swords, each able to contain fire and poision respectivly, Just like one of their older characters backstories. 2/4 players spotted this, character creator failed to until the last moments when they put an arrow between the creatures eyes and the ooze dispirits...

Now then, time for the slow clap and reveal of the villain...

Players - Oh fuck you DM!!!...

Moments like this is why we DM...
*evil laugh*

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 07, 2013, 01:03:44 pm »

I beat Super House of Dead Ninjas on hard mode.  With most of my life left, which is kind of funny because in previous attempts if I reached the final bosses it was with 1-4 hits left.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 07, 2013, 03:55:33 pm »

King Arthur's Gold has just been full of ownage moments so far, and of course with every win there is an equal and opposite failure. 

1)  Being a builder and putting a sawmill at the bottom of a pit that's covered with trap blocks, thing racks up about 5-10 kills before enemies finally catch on.

2)  Playing a knight and getting catapulted directly into their flag.  Scramble like mad out of their castle and get to the earlier tunnel entrance I made.

3)  Being a build and making a tunnel entrance that directly wins us the game because 5 knights got back to the fight when all of their team just got massacred.

4)  Archer with a bomb arrow is basically anti-fun for any builders making towers, which instantly makes it fun for me.

The list goes on, and I've only played around 10 games of it so far.  The failure list pretty much is me either directly losing us the game, or killing most of my teammates with a sawmill.  This game is hilarious.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 07, 2013, 10:19:52 pm »

King Arthur's Gold has just been full of ownage moments so far, and of course with every win there is an equal and opposite failure. 

1)  Being a builder and putting a sawmill at the bottom of a pit that's covered with trap blocks, thing racks up about 5-10 kills before enemies finally catch on.

2)  Playing a knight and getting catapulted directly into their flag.  Scramble like mad out of their castle and get to the earlier tunnel entrance I made.

3)  Being a build and making a tunnel entrance that directly wins us the game because 5 knights got back to the fight when all of their team just got massacred.

4)  Archer with a bomb arrow is basically anti-fun for any builders making towers, which instantly makes it fun for me.

The list goes on, and I've only played around 10 games of it so far.  The failure list pretty much is me either directly losing us the game, or killing most of my teammates with a sawmill.  This game is hilarious.

I went knight on Aus CTH and captured the last hall on my own. A well placed keg took out four players on their side and one on mine, and then I waltzed into their hall, and killed four more knights as they came. Thus, the game was won.

Well done me.

(Yeah, it's superb fun to blow holes in defenses with kegs or bomb arrows, but kegs are absolutely insane for anti-building properties. The best thing is being catapulted from up on high with a keg on your back, and landing in the centre of their base.)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 09, 2013, 01:41:39 am »

Okay, yeah, it was boring as heck. But technically, I killed Lord Dredmor with a random melee build. I say technically, because the fight took a half hour, and consisted of me abusing Battle Geology and Golemancy like a champ. Living Wall let me keep Dredmor at bay without him nuking me to death. Once the wall between him and me went down, I:

a) threw a Damping Field of Angst at him, sealing his magic. Without access to ranged attacks, he stepped towards me, closing the one-tile gap left by my disappearing wall.
b) used Petrification to, um, petrify him. Dredmor is now paralyzed, though he fully resists Petrify's damage (initial and over time).
c) summoned an angry robot behind him. The robot deals 0 damage to Dredmor and lasts only 2 attacks, but he distracts Dredmor for a turn after the paralysis wears off (giving me time to back up and place down a new wall)
d) smashed Dredmor in the face. Petrification seems to grant a lot of damage reduction, so this consists of me dealing exactly 3 Aethereal damage per hit. Crits let me get 17 Crushing damage through his resistance as well.

In other words, I dealt ~100 damage or less with each cycle, spending all the time in between twiddling my thumbs and throwing Seismic Uppercut across the wall whenever it cooled down for negligible damage. To an enemy with ~1300 HP. Longest. Boss fight. Ever. But hey, I'm still proud of winning the game with a random build. Especially one I thought had no chance in Diggle Hell of succeeding!  :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1867 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:45 am »

So in short, im A plague among the enemy team.

I am. EAGRU.

I run into battle, against 6 knights no less run away for A bit, and then do A double fake slash
They ran into it and now they have half A heart, so I proceed to slew them all with two well placed jabs

Don't know how I do it, but apparently im able to slew everything, everywhere.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 09, 2013, 12:22:19 pm »

I smashed a crate and found the Jetpack...on the very first floor of the Mines. Aaaaaaaw yeah.

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to die a very stupid death and spoil my amazing luck.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 09, 2013, 01:19:59 pm »

The Rebels attacked Aeten 2 with over a dozen Corellian Corvettes and several dozen X-Wings. All I had was a level 2 Space Station, an Acclimator, a Broadside Cruiser, and a TIE Scout squadron. About 12 minutes later, about 2 Corvettes and a handful of X-Wings are fleeing for their lives, all I lost was the TIE Scouts.

A short while later, the Consortium attacked Ilum, which had a level 2 Space Station(a bug, since Ilum can only have a level 1 Station, this was rectified afterwards) and the same ships as well. The Consortium had both an Agressor(BFG in capship form) and a Keldabe Battleship(overpowered equivilent to a Star Destroyer, but with shield-bypassing railguns). Shortly afterwards, the remaining ships fled, the Agressor was destroyed and the Keldabe had lost its engines. No losses on my side.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 09, 2013, 01:24:57 pm »

Oh I remember some own moments in SW:FoC.

Once, I broke the game. I had three Super Star Destroyers rolling around, and I'd completely wiped out the Consortium. I had destroyed EVERY PLANET IN THE GALAXY except for Coruscant, Byss, and Mon Calamari. I continuously hunted the Rebels around the vast amount of asteroid fields, every so often catching a few fighter squadrons or a corvette, but they managed to evade my doom fleets with their plucky outnumbered little force time and again, until they tried to sneak up on my everything after I stopped chasing them. There is nothing more horrifying for the enemy than having Boba Fett jump into the fight, and fly around trolling them for a bit, killing some fighters... And then THREE Super Star Destroyers pop in, in perfect formation, with Grand Admiral Thrawn and Admiral Piett supporting them. Three SSDs basically cover 60~% of the map and have more firepower than God, so...

Good times. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 09, 2013, 03:04:24 pm »

My fondest memory was probably being on the run from both the Consortium and Empire constantly. They kept chasing my tiny fleets and finally destroyed them. During all of these I was building Mon Calamari cruisers and frigates in preparation. Then I set course for Coruscant and conquered everything between there and Mon Calamari. Fun times.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: November 09, 2013, 03:18:51 pm »

At the portal to Sovngarde, there was a lightning Dragon Priest waiting. Also, unlike my first character, the game decided that there should be an elder dragon and a frost dragon, too. Surprisingly, the priest died first on account of a Storm Call shout issued by me, and I ran to get his staff and mask while the dragons were still flying. After a a brief period of ducking behind pillars, and shooting arrows the frost dragon, he also went down. The fight with the elder dragon was tough, especially without dragonrend (Also on account of Storm Call, curse you long recharge time!) I managed to beat him without dying.

My character is a stealthy Khajit archer, who uses a glass bow, and full dragon scale armor, except for the Krosis mask. All crafts-khajit-ship is of the highest quality, and each with different enchantments.

>:3

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1873 on: November 09, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »

I have fond memory of Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption One day I decided I'd play multiplayer, A huge 10 player map, consortium vs rebels, By the end of it there was no less then ten of those Capital ships driving around, pillaging, and of course the 10 players on the other side were fighting wiht equally big admiral ackbar ships, so  you know what I did?

I sent A small frigate, much faster then admiral ackbar, litterly got 4 of them chasing it, and I and my "Mates set up A bloody TRAP, all of our ships were there ready to pillage there precious ships, and we won, we killed all of there four Admiral ackbar ships, and then proceeded to murderer the rest.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 09, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

Oh I remember some own moments in SW:FoC.

Once, I broke the game. I had three Super Star Destroyers rolling around, and I'd completely wiped out the Consortium. I had destroyed EVERY PLANET IN THE GALAXY except for Coruscant, Byss, and Mon Calamari. I continuously hunted the Rebels around the vast amount of asteroid fields, every so often catching a few fighter squadrons or a corvette, but they managed to evade my doom fleets with their plucky outnumbered little force time and again, until they tried to sneak up on my everything after I stopped chasing them. There is nothing more horrifying for the enemy than having Boba Fett jump into the fight, and fly around trolling them for a bit, killing some fighters... And then THREE Super Star Destroyers pop in, in perfect formation, with Grand Admiral Thrawn and Admiral Piett supporting them. Three SSDs basically cover 60~% of the map and have more firepower than God, so...

Good times. :)

I broke the game in a much simpler way.  I said "fuck ground warfare" and went around killing fleets and leaving single ships behind on each of them.  Eventually I had small ships orbiting every enemy planet, preventing them from ever building anything in space ever.  And everything they had in space was dead.  So... basically they couldn't win.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 709