Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1288167 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4230 on: April 13, 2015, 08:02:55 pm »

the game lad, the game! What is it?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: April 13, 2015, 08:06:20 pm »

Looks like Starsector to me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: April 13, 2015, 08:48:13 pm »

The last play of the game was even a kickoff and I got a defensive blitz bonus turn where one of my skinks rushed forward and caught the ball my own team kicked 2 spaces from the goal line. and the goblin team came within one space of pushing my guy into a touchdown trying to tackle him. I don't know if that would have counted as a touchdown though, consitering it was the other team's turn, and game would have ended before my next turn.  Game ended with a score of 4-0.

The answer is: yes - if you are pushed into the end-zone on your opponent's turn while in possession of the ball, you score a touchdown, but you also lose your next turn, iirc fluff says that you spend that turn celebrating.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: April 15, 2015, 08:17:28 pm »

I have infected every single country in the world with a fungus. However, Iceland only has 34 infected people, and Greenland only 10; these are my last holdouts. I will cover the map as soon as I become resistant to cold.

However, the best part: My disease has not been detected yet, at all. In previous runs the cure would be at 50%, but right now it hasn't even begun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: 15 minutes later, I've infected every last person. Still no sign of noticing me. I dump a large # of points investing in total organ failure. Science leaps into action and develops a cure in 5 days, keeping me from killing more than 50% of the world.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:27:36 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: April 15, 2015, 09:17:11 pm »

I have infected every single country in the world with a fungus. However, Iceland only has 34 infected people, and Greenland only 10; these are my last holdouts. I will cover the map as soon as I become resistant to cold.

However, the best part: My disease has not been detected yet, at all. In previous runs the cure would be at 50%, but right now it hasn't even begun.

Edit: 15 minutes later, I've infected every last person. Still no sign of noticing me. I dump a large # of points investing in total organ failure. Science leaps into action and develops a cure in 5 days, keeping me from killing more than 50% of the world.

Preisdent Madagascar still has a few tricks up his hermetically sealed sleeves.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: April 15, 2015, 10:18:33 pm »

Madagascar: Cold free since 2008

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: April 15, 2015, 10:48:06 pm »

I've been going down the list of basic plagues, beating them one after the other on Mega Brutal.

How you ask?  Because I've been playing for a while and some of the pre-game perks I've unlocked are ludicrously overpowered.  "Your plague can mutate transmissions", "ability costs don't increase", "you get DNA points for popping cure bubbles".  Broken on their own, absolutely ridiculous together.

Know how fungus has a bunch of abilities which cost 1 and infect a single country, and how you get 1+ DNA points each time you infect a country?  Well, if ability costs don't increase... you can more or less infect the entire world in the starting month.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: April 15, 2015, 11:23:45 pm »

>_>
*cough*

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: April 16, 2015, 12:22:14 am »

Pretty sure you have a base severity in Mega Brutal that always gets you caught.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: April 16, 2015, 01:30:47 am »

Pretty sure you have a base severity in Mega Brutal that always gets you caught.
I meant the free version (up to Brutal) ._.
Hence 'vanilla', unless I'm using the term wrong.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: April 16, 2015, 01:41:32 am »

I... thought mega brutal was free?  It was free for me :/

Maybe this is one of those things where there's a different payment model on different platforms or something.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: April 16, 2015, 07:33:25 am »

Finally beat that fat cow! And her Miltank.

Took judicious save-scumming, plus Miltank being immobilized by paralysis a lot. Managed to beat down her defense with Rock Smash and nuke her accuracy with Smoke Screen(thanks Quilava). Finished her off despite multiple Super Potions with a Scyther I just caught(Bug contest, best stats on the team despite lower level).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: April 16, 2015, 07:53:43 am »

>_>
*cough*
I do similar, only with Insomnia and Insanity branch. Much more effective IMO, especially if you have to evolve symptoms before taking the world for some reason.

Only one problem: Leaderboard seems to have a problem with slow games. I forgot why, but I generally score lesser with slow crawls.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: April 16, 2015, 02:18:29 pm »

I skipped about half of "Assault on the Control Room" on Heroic by stealing a Banshee that I wasn't supposed to get. Normally it's part of a scripted event and there's no way you can get to it in time to steal it, but I carried a rocket launcher with me way past the point of practicality just to kill the Elite that's supposed to use it. It still took a number of tries (the level exit is guarded by a huge mob of enemies that can shoot down the Banshee near instantly), but I finally did it.

Halo.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: April 16, 2015, 03:19:22 pm »

I DESTROYED the final boss in Transistor.  Happened to switch my loadout just before the fight to something super effective, I didn't even use up any of my lives.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 709