Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 52991 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Invasion
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2015, 05:19:18 pm »

It seems the Heimlich alone won't be enough.  I'll have to innovate!

Simultaneously perform the Heimlich maneuver and a power-slam on the creature.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2015, 05:59:37 pm »

Oh, and also. I still have that backpack full o' gun, right? I'd like to gift it to Beo, the amazing gun store owner.
Actually, I equip my sidekick with the guns from the backpack. Ol' gunstore gunman will have to wait.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:59:16 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2015, 05:28:56 am »

Oh, and also. I still have that backpack full o' gun, right? I'd like to gift it to Beo, the amazing gun store owner.
remind me again what this backpack is and where you got it?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2015, 06:09:10 am »

After my glorious battle in the shop at the very begining I looted the dudes that were robbing (?) it. I stuffed that loot then into a backpack, I think it was a sawn off double barrelled shotgun, a handgun and an UZI, I think.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2015, 07:00:02 am »

After my glorious battle in the shop at the very begining I looted the dudes that were robbing (?) it. I stuffed that loot then into a backpack, I think it was a sawn off double barrelled shotgun, a handgun and an UZI, I think.
Ah, that bag. yup, you've still got it stashed at your place.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 06, 2015, 07:24:21 am »

((Well, It's been a while. In a very related note, MGS:V:the phantom pain is pretty amazing. It's deliciously cheesy.))

Dig deeper in ass
Go to a helipad with my sidekick and all my equipment.
You head over to a local news station building. You take the fire escape up to the roof. There's a helicopter with its blades already spinning, and the news crew is getting ready to depart.

David thinks in his confused mind

"Wait, so the green guys are helping me? And I have some dude talking in my head? My friends will never believe dis"

look around for a second. Where is the person I was supposed to save?
AND THEN TRY TO LAUNCH SOMEONE INTO THE WALL, OR EVEN BETTER OUTSIDE A WINDOW. GOTTA SEE HOW MUCH POWER I HAVE.

You take this moment to look around for the girl. She has, quite smartly, used the time where the lot of you were fighting to crawl behind a sturdy looking bench.

satisfied that she's safe enough, considering the circumstances, you focus on the three red spandexes who are still upright. You hop from foot to foot, energy crackling all over your body now. You [6 -> 6] You dash towards the first one, faster than anyone expects you to be. You uppercut him, feeling the crunch of his jaw breaking and sending him flying back a few feet. You spin around and punch the second one in the stomach, sending him toppling over. The third spandex dude is looking pretty scared right now. You gather your remaining strenght and focus it all in the next punch.

You shoot forward like a goddamn jet and hit him right in the chest. The poor guys goes flying back, through one of the large ornamental windows. If this were a movie, this is the part where we'd have a nice slow-mo shot of the guy going wide eyed through the glass and falling down with a pleading expression over some sad music. Instead, he just dissapears over the edge and there a wet smack heard a few seconds later.

The two green spandex dudes have subdued their enemies as well.

"Master, what shall we do with these two?"

((metal gear reference lolololoolol :P ))
Goes with team2. Summon Tower shield.
You form up with team two and head east. [4+1] You summon a sturdy tower shield, nice. The guys keep in formation, two at the front and two at the sides with you bringing up the rear.

A few streets in, you all hear screaming. The team goes into a crouch and shoulders their rifles before stacking up near the edge of a building. The front guy uses a small mirror to peek around the corner.

"Two civilians, one male one female. Male is on the ground, multiple arrow wounds. Woman is held by hostiles. I spot six. Four with swords, two with crossbows, wearing chainmail or some shit. New guy, you wanna lead this or should we just go with the flow?"

"EVERYONE FREEZE!"

Hit the knights with my stun baton
You run past the cop to the knights and shout at them. They clearly weren't expecting someone rushing at them from the side. You [3+1] Hit one of the knights in the shoulder. The shock from the stun baton sends him convulsing to the floor. The knight beside him tries to take a swipe at you. [5] vs [6 -> 4] The guy aims true, but even his perfectly aimed swipe is no match for your apex senses. You block his sword arm with your left arm, stopping it dead mid-swing. You press the stun button again and jam the baton between his helmet and breastplate. The guy goes stiff as you shock him for a few seconds before sliding to the ground in a heap of chainmail. You flinch as you hear three gunshots behind you. Looking back, the third knight tried to charge the cop as you were attacking, but the cop appears to have done a mozambique drill no the guy.

((A guardian spirit would be nice.))

"Looks like it's time to establish air superiority."

Do I have ranged attacks? If so, fire a warning shot while on approach. If not, get up in his grill and politely ask him to land. Watch our for arrows, teeth, tails, poison, and claws. If he shoots first, tackle him off the wyvern.
You don't, actually.

You fly close to the guy and ask him if he could please pull over and show his invasion documents. The guy babbles something in a weird language and pulls away from you steadying his wyvern in the air some distance away and knocking an arrow.

"Bùshǔ wǔqì"

He looses the arrow. For a moment, the suit moves itself. In your right hand, a greenish Guandao materializes. The suit uses it to knock the arrow out of the air. The guy, clearly not happy with his arrow being knocked out, gains some altitude and begins charging you with his wyvern.

It seems the Heimlich alone won't be enough.  I'll have to innovate!

Simultaneously perform the Heimlich maneuver and a power-slam on the creature.
Not to be deterred from your god given mission to heilich everything, you brace yourself for another try. [3+1] You spread your legs and squeeze your arms as hard as you can. What follows is something worthy of the very best wrestling matches. You heimlich the creature hard enough that it starts spewing out greenish fluid, while you're also doing what's basically a suplex. This all results in a nice rainbow of green fluid arcing through the air and the creature getting its head cracked onto the concrete.

The street is filthy, the creature has been heimlich'd and is knocked out. Today, is a good day.

Actually, I equip my sidekick with the guns from the backpack. Ol' gunstore gunman will have to wait.
Consider it done.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 06, 2015, 07:33:16 am »

"Do whatever you want. I don't even care."

go check how the girl is doing.

"So what do you green guys want to do? I suppose you want to stop wearing this spandex crap right?"

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:35 am »

"YOU OK, BLUE-BACK?"

Tie up the knights... well, the ones that are still alive anyway

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 06, 2015, 11:17:29 am »

Search the creature's corpse for anything useful, and by useful, I mean stuff that I can use in my quest to Heimlich the world into peaceful submission.  I don't want no cruddy knives or magical artifacts!  I need me some proper Heimliching gloves!
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 06, 2015, 11:40:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get in the helicopter, kick the pilot out and fly up with my sidekick and the journalists.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 06, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »

"So much for being polite."

Cut the wyvern and rider out of the sky with the Guan dao.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 06, 2015, 05:16:18 pm »

Leave the place!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2015, 02:06:08 am »

(as mgs fun - story and game overall is VERY bad. Gameplay though 10/10.)
"I am rookie, i would prefer to help and complete orders" silenced PoP
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2015, 04:34:02 pm »

You forgot my action!   :(
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 07, 2015, 04:51:42 pm »

You forgot my action!   :(
((I did? I did! Fuck. Sorry))

Approach the body carefully, without stepping too close to it.
You take a few steps closer, careful to keep some distance. The person is now sitting upright. The head snaps in your direction as you put your foot down, two milky eyes with black tears streaming down staring at you. The jaw hangs open and the person groands. They're now struggling upright and trying to get to you.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33