Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 314035 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2955 on: July 04, 2015, 03:07:02 pm »

It is not usable by creatures because there is absolutely nothing in the code that allows it to be usable by creatures, thus attempting to make it usable by creatures will not work. It's not taboo, just... not something you can do. Not something you're not allowed to, something that is literally impossible.

Also: yes, but that won't apply the poison on attack.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: July 04, 2015, 04:26:16 pm »

Another question(s): Could I give goals other than immortality to thing like necromancers? Like ruling the world? Also, could I make an ability a curse, an infection, and teachable? Can people have apprentices without having a tower/animate ability?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 04, 2015, 04:33:23 pm »

No, yes, no AFAIK.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: July 04, 2015, 04:35:56 pm »

Agh... So then I wont have roaming bands of Golems and Golemites. Final question for this lineup: Can I make an infection give two, chooseable transformations? One for a stronger monster, with a super long recharge, and one for a weaker monster, with a medium recharge? Or will the timers reset when it transforms?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 04, 2015, 04:39:04 pm »

To expand on the first question's answer a bit, you can specify other types of goals without it throwing an error at you, but they don't actually work last I checked.

Though with roaming poets, bards, etc. in the next version, everything you asked may or may not become possible.

Transformation resets interaction cooldowns. Though you can set up some specific conditions for when a transformation occurs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: July 04, 2015, 04:44:24 pm »

I'll just stick with one transformation then. Into a sub-caste of golems, which I'll also use the basic version of to make my golem producing reaction that wont affect dwarves. They'll be war trainable, gorilla sized stone humanoids, with a rock throw ability if i can make one. The transformation will be even shorter than a werebeast one, but only especially large werebeasts will be stronger than a golem. Can I give golems an interaction that makes a stone club fall at their feet? That'd be pretty useful, especially if I made it heavy enough that it'd be useless to even a tough human.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: July 04, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »

Item clouds can create items, but they can't be used as is.

You can't throw items either, but you can throw globs of different materials. For example, magma crabs spit globs of molten basalt.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: July 04, 2015, 04:57:52 pm »

So globs of non-molten rock could be their attack. Long cooldown, obviously, like 200. So they'll have to get up close and personal in a fight and show off some muscle. I'm thinking solid globs of cinnabar.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2963 on: July 04, 2015, 05:23:19 pm »

Okay, I'm still heavily failing at making this pyromancer work... Can someone help me out with the interaction for ignite, and how to give him fireball throwing and fire breathe? I've made it so the pyromancers get extravision, aren't living anymore, can gain attributes, so basically they're necromancer2.0, but with weaker-ish animated minions. Whereas the necromancer is the squishy part of the zombie horde, the pyromancer will be able to hold their own when attacked. Naturally, you cannot be a pyromancer and necromancer at once. That would be insanity. But, my problem is, the body change from a corpse to a fire spirit... Doesn't turn them into a fire spirit. It turns them into a toad, and the toad attacks the pyromancer. What'd I do wrong? After this, I'll probably be making tons of animating mages and choosing which are the best to be popping into my final mod. But I can't understand how to do body changes, and the werebeast raw didn't help me at all, just confused me. Thanks!

Here's the pyromancer interaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the fire spirit:

So how would I get this to properly work? Thank you for any help in advance, I've been working on this as best as I can, but can't figure it out.

They will work coreectly, dont worry, it will be labled a sa "corpse" still though, which is annoying, and I havent figured out a way around that, heres MY pyromancers, and their own raws.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:27:11 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: July 04, 2015, 05:26:51 pm »

To change their name, give the raise interaction [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:singular:plural:adjective:START:0]

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2965 on: July 04, 2015, 05:27:38 pm »

To change their name, give the raise interaction [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:singular:plural:adjective:START:0]

That doesnt work, trust me ive tried/

ALso, fireballs work fine too, look at my raws.

My pyros also do fire jets.

Ive been modding for quite a long time, I know what Im doing.

My raws are basically what he wants to make, so here I am giving them to him.

These raws have 3 other schools of magic included, you can use them if you want, just give credit please :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:33:51 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: July 04, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »

Thank you kind sir. I'll work on modifying those, thank you again. I'll give you some credit definitely, as your work will be the basis of mine. Also: can I make boulders the aims of an interaction, instead of corspes? I'm hoping to have golemites be made from boulders in fortress mode, so an attacking Rock Shaman would be super deadly if they got to a stone stockpile. Golemites would be small, the size of a dog, and otherwise be the same as a golem.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2967 on: July 04, 2015, 05:55:47 pm »

Thank you kind sir. I'll work on modifying those, thank you again. I'll give you some credit definitely, as your work will be the basis of mine. Also: can I make boulders the aims of an interaction, instead of corspes? I'm hoping to have golemites be made from boulders in fortress mode, so an attacking Rock Shaman would be super deadly if they got to a stone stockpile. Golemites would be small, the size of a dog, and otherwise be the same as a golem.

Now that is something I have NEVER tried, I am not sure if that is possible without dfhack, but I dont believe it is.
I am an indie game dev!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: July 04, 2015, 05:59:17 pm »

Well I saw a MATERIAL thing in the interaction token page, didn't read it though. The wiki often doesn't describe what you can and can't do, which is infinitely frustrating. I thought I could do a metamorphosis thing, because of the wiki... In the end, the creature went from it's larval state to it's final state instantly.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: July 05, 2015, 08:51:27 am »

That doesn't work, trust me I've tried.

I encountered this issue as well. I think creatures brought back with the ANIMATE effect just default to corpse, no matter what.

Anyway, I've been trying to recreate the arch-vile from Doom. And I've hit quite a snag here.

In this interaction, the arch-vile gives another interaction to its opponent, which sets off an "explosion" of "fire" to the victim. The buggy cave-in mechanics for dust attacks work pretty well for recreating that summoned fire attack. However, I was unable to find a way to directly use the game's hardcoded fire "material", so I instead opted to make an inorganic "fake fire" substance. This is the substance I use for the dust attack.

The idea for the ignition, melting and boiling points was to have the fire "dust", which tends to cover people after a blast, dissipate once it gets into contact with the air. But it doesn't. So my questions: Did I mess something up somewhere? Is there anything I can do to prevent my interaction's dust attack from coating things in this fake fire? If not, is there anyway I can rename the fire so it's different for coatings/piles (so having it still called fire during the initial "blast", but having it named like ash for the contaminants it creates). If that isn't possible either, does anyone have some suggestions to go about this a different way? I've tried other breath attacks, and I feel they don't work nearly as well - and they still coat things. But maybe I'm going about this in an entirely wrong manner. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 247