Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 119

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 254583 times)

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1110 on: January 30, 2020, 03:42:38 pm »

What tokens give demons and necromancers an ability to spread evil surroundings and make experiment creatures?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 30, 2020, 04:29:13 pm »

What tokens give demons and necromancers an ability to spread evil surroundings and make experiment creatures?
NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER and maybe [SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:50:28 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 30, 2020, 04:42:38 pm »

NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER
Example [CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER:START:0:ABRUPT]
Thanks!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 31, 2020, 07:31:36 am »

Moved my personal mod over to the new version. There are some hobbits who have both [EVIL] and [GOOD] tags. Mainly the idea was for their merchants to come with all sorts of weird and wonderful food. Very hobbity (I think).

Still, it was greatly satisfyingly to discover The Beer of Circumstance. An army of hobbits lead by a Capybara demon unleashed from hell by dwarves digging too deep. Ha ha.

I love that typical gobbo invasions from hell result in impalements, flaying and other nastiness. The hobbits just razed the dwarven tavern and built their own.  :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:35:32 am by Shonai_Dweller »

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 01, 2020, 08:32:35 am »

New version is a major setback in Age of Myth's development.
:(
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1115 on: February 01, 2020, 09:05:04 am »

Not that much raws changes, maybe 1.4 hours of looking at WinMerge code comparison tool (vanilla 4412 vs 4701) and putting new things into one's mod.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:07:01 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1116 on: February 01, 2020, 04:48:57 pm »

Tried to create a custom experiment interaction. It didnt stop my summoners from being created but with the custom interaction as an option they were, strangely enough, unable to build towers. When i got rid of it they worked. With it they did the whole vampire, "go from village to village" thing. Not sure if thats  abug.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:50:51 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 02, 2020, 04:22:21 pm »

Not that much raws changes, maybe 1.4 hours of looking at WinMerge code comparison tool (vanilla 4412 vs 4701) and putting new things into one's mod.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, who can spit. Harpies can pet animals, when satyrs can't.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 02, 2020, 04:35:35 pm »

Ok, so it wasn't as much of a setback as I thought it was. Apparently the crash (which happened, by the way) was caused by something other than Age of Myth. I updated the beast of pride creature to use the new summoning system instead of dropping and reanimating eggs. It now creates WAY more swarmers than it used to, which is great because that's the whole point of this thing. Oh, and all the sin creatures now spread evil when they take over towns.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 02, 2020, 04:40:31 pm »

Just me playing with SHARP_ROCK material emissions earlier:

You launch a spine!
The spinning sharp Spined Salamander Man 1's spined salamander man spine strikes Human 1 in the head, tearing apart the muscle, chipping the skull and bruising the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
Human 1 has been shot and killed.

This is just ridiculous. The Text part, that is. Tearing up people with sharp spines is intended behaviour. Coming to dark dark blendec pits and blackwing seiges near you, soon... hopefully.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 03, 2020, 03:36:41 pm »

When I release my mod, elves may or may not have war wyverns.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 03, 2020, 05:43:39 pm »

just added to both CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON
Code: [Select]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_TARGET:AQUATIC]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:AMPHIBIOUS]
to my raws ... so those underwater animal-mens can get pay a visit and do something ... octupus men here we come :D
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 03, 2020, 08:53:33 pm »

Started the work on updating the LOLmod, since it looks like it'll be simpler than Jawa Fortress.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 03, 2020, 09:53:07 pm »

Zerg/Tyranid-like race mod!

They'll be called the Mantids, like the ones from World of Warcraft but with next to no relation.

Two castes: Worker Mantid and Warrior Mantid. The first can't learn military skills, and the last can't learn working skills. They're both male.

In order to obtain more citizens, you will need to order Drones (intelligent arachnids that can't learn skills) on embark, or buy them from your civ caravan. The drones will produce (summon) larvae, once per year and only two each time. These larvae can be turned into different monsters if you pasture them around a Pylon (an immobile creature) and wait for a year or two.

Spoiler: Pylons (click to show/hide)

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 04, 2020, 12:37:37 am »

I decided to nerf goblins in my world by making them mortal and require food and water.

But more interestingly, I've added hobgoblins to the game. Essentially red, human-sized goblins who live in towns in the desert. They have dwarven strength and an honor/truth based value system intended to put them in contlict with the vanilla goblins.

Hopefully with two evil races that tend to fight eachother just as much as they fight everybody else, the good races will have some breathing room.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 119