Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have I turned breaching the HFS from the most terrifying and challenging thing a dwarf can do into a simple and hilarious thing that anyone can do?

Yes
- 279 (33.5%)
No
- 52 (6.3%)
BANANA!
- 501 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 831

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81

Author Topic: An AussieGuy Project - The Dwarven Checkerboard and siezing the HFS (spoilers)  (Read 402552 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Is... uhh... *clears throat*

Is that a massive room full of coffins?

I really hope he's burying pets in that fort. Oh god do I hope he's burying pets.

Spoiler:  Nope (click to show/hide)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile

I really hope he's burying pets in that fort. Oh god do I hope he's burying pets.

Being dwarfed really is a punishment in that hell hole... no pun intended. Assuming most of the coffins are filled that is.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Let's hope that's the only one which doesn't allow pets... Please, let it be so... I guess I should be happy for getting out of there when I could...

By the way, how many legendary miners?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Being dwarfed really is a punishment in that hell hole... no pun intended. Assuming most of the coffins are filled that is.

Everything but the last three rows.  Took me AGES to get ahead of the corpse curve too after a few initial "fun moments".  That entire cavern was dug out when i started the fortress in case i needed the graveyard space.

And there were three.  One died somehow died in an exploratory dig of a candy spire (despite my telling him to dig ramps so he could get out).  Another died in the hospital because of an accident.  There's one left though.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Mag ma magmaing magmamagma magma ma gmaing a magma magmagma ma GMA's and magmamagmas. Mag ma magma magma.
Magma magma magmagma magmagmagmagma magma mag ma magma.
You're reminding me of this series, particularly the third part.  (This is the same girl who did the Friendship is Magic Bitch flash)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GRAPEFRUIT 663

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those demon spawn traps of Oaktree's have actually worked better than expected so far - I've only had a single demon attack since i set a few up.  They generally either spawn well away from the current building site, or inside one of the traps.

Congratulations Oaktree, you broke the random demon spawns of hell.

Glad to have helped.  You made the simplest implementation of the concept possible.

For the caverns my equivalent to the nooks are drawbridged on both ends and have side corridors with their own ditched bridges.  The side corridors are spike trapped and I put a door (going nowhere) at the end.  Connect to cavern and wait for FB to wander in to destroy the door.  Close drawbridge to cell and spike to bits.  Rinse with magma if beast had deadly blood, dust, etc. Repeat.  (Or simply lock them in and leave them there.)

I presumed something similar would work for demons.  But you just used it as a distraction to keep them away from your workers without needing to add all the bells and whistles to make it lethal to the demons.

(I also seem to recall a previous forum post that implied that if you kept a single demon of a group alive (presumably trapped somewhere) a new group would not spawn.)
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

GOOD GRIEF SO MANY DEAD DWARVES D:

Damn, well I guess I should up the sacrifices.
I think 4 fortresses and a packet of Doritos should suffice.

...Does anyone smell something burning? :D :D :D

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I notice that girlinhat's dwarf is listed as being creative. Sounds right. But Necro910's doesn't list a preference for magma. Something wrong there.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

I notice that girlinhat's dwarf is listed as being creative. Sounds right. But Necro910's doesn't list a preference for magma. Something wrong there.
THAT MAGMAR IS A SPY

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

THAT MAGMAR IS A SPY

Spycheck with a water pistol? ... or a raging torrent unleashed from the very heart of the mountain itself!

Anybody ever wanted to see kraken styled on the Watcher in the Water lurking in the caverns lakes?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

THAT MAGMAR IS A SPY

Spycheck with a water pistol? ... or a raging torrent unleashed from the very heart of the mountain itself!
Flood them WITH MAGMA.

If he survives, it is me. If it is not... the spy has been spychecked.

MMH HMM MMMF!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Mego Cogtomus. I approve.

Wait a second... I AM NOT FEMALE! FUCK YOU!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mego Cogtomus. I approve.

Wait a second... I AM NOT FEMALE! FUCK YOU!

You'll take the random dwarf I picked for you and LIKE IT!   :P

(I also seem to recall a previous forum post that implied that if you kept a single demon of a group alive (presumably trapped somewhere) a new group would not spawn.)

I can disprove that.  I've seen two different demon groups wandering around Hell at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:37:32 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

That looks like this kind of random number generation.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That looks like this kind of random number generation.

Actually, it was more "there's a dwarf carrying stone to one of the wall stockpiles, they'll do."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81