Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431340 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #750 on: April 09, 2012, 10:50:32 pm »

Personally, I prefer hydrocyanic acid, lovingly added to almond marsipan, drizzled with honey and toffee bits.
It works wonders on children.
We should sell that to Kodkod for her fortresses. Her undying 'love' for dwarven children is at the very least masterwork.

Ha. Ha. Ha... Awkward.

Moving swiftly on... Scorpions.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 09, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »

Alot of free time/ mentally unstable family can yield quite a font of knowlege.

And I;m glad Spearbreakers got acknowleged by COrai, and my great tomes are known! muahahahahahaha! I AM PROPHET.

MetalHead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 09, 2012, 11:00:34 pm »

Personally, I prefer hydrocyanic acid, lovingly added to almond marsipan, drizzled with honey and toffee bits.
We should sell that to Kodkod for her fortresses. Her undying 'love' for dwarven children is at the very least masterwork.

Ha. Ha. Ha... Awkward.

Scorpions are fine too.  Combined with fortified GCS and a carp-filled moat the fortress should have a properly nasty first line of defense.

Also, was that just a hasty segue or a thinly-veiled threat?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 09, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »

The two are not mutually exclusive.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 09, 2012, 11:03:29 pm »

Wow, this thread is moving fast.  :o RAKninja - you're captain of the guard, which I normally send into battle along with the squad, so therefore, you're a soldier. You also have a small army squad at your disposal (disposal might be a poor choice of words). As to computer repair, I fear that the secrets of computer technology would soon be lost... that kind of thing requires the proper tools to create the proper tools to create the integrated circuits, and we don't have the proper tools, or the proper tools to create the other proper tools.

Corai - +1 to you for reading Spearbreakers. :D

Wierd, if Toady ever puts alchemy back in the game (which I imagine is analogous to phytochemistry), you'll probably be one of the best among us.

KodKod, you're a mason/animal trainer, given these jobs for your desire to build your own torturehouse, and of course how you're the Scorpion Queen. You need a way to tame those scorpions, right? So they don't kill us all? (not that you'd mind)

Metalhead, welcome to The Twelfth Bay. I'm your miner, as Eric Blank apparently signed off for bowyer duty, so just point at the wall somewhere and I'll carve you a room. I've done plenty of digging in "real life", so.

Our clothes are going to wear out at some point. What do we do? Nobody's ever mentioned this problem.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:11:12 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 09, 2012, 11:03:52 pm »

Ha. Ha. Ha... Awkward.

Scorpions are fine too.  Combined with fortified GCS and a carp-filled moat the fortress should have a properly nasty first line of defense.

My kobolds are normally fed to the Scorpions, I keep trying to tell them that KodKod wont do it slowly, but they keep bringing spears and swords when they go to do there forced-pilgrimage!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 09, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »

Killer confectionary is one of my specialties.

Ricin red bean mochi is another fine choice, but most western children are put off by the bland rice dough, and unique texture of the red bean jam.

My years in various hives of scum and villainy on the 'Tubes must have really messed up my instinctive horror response as while I still fear to ask how you know so much on this particular subject the fact that you do isn't particularly disturbing beyond that.  Almost makes me worry.

/Back to the Topic!

RAKninja: If I get you a good crossbow you wanna ride one of my elephants? If you prefer a recon role I could try and 'persuade' the next batch of elves to donate a Giant Cheetah/Jaguar for your use instead.

Oh, don't worry roo much.  While kodkod got the much more useful education on proper wine selection and western dinner ettiquette, I got schooled on the finer points of explosives, poisons, and antidotes, the symptoms of accure radiation exposure, battlefield surgical techniques and the like.  An interest in gastronomy and cuisine is my own doing.  The natural combination of the two is a purely hypothetical method of administering said substances.  Marzipan is a fine textured almond meal, mixed with sugar. It is used as a more tasty alternative to fondant in cake making and confectionary, and is often presented coated in chocolate.

Hydrocyanic acid (cyanide) is colorless and flavorless, with a slight fragrance of bitter almonds. Adding it to the almond meal would disguise this fragrance, making it undetectable. Further overpowering the effect are the honey and toffee bits, which also excite absorption, for a fast acting killer confection.

Ricin is harder to obtain, being deadly in the microgram dosage, and all. It is odorless and flavorless in refined form.  It is naturally contained in minute concentrations in caster beans. Adding a sufficient yeild of casterbeans to the red bean (red beans are the beanlike seeds of the kudzu vine) jam will permit you to make any number of deadly confections, if properly prepared. Mochi is a traditional favorite.

MetalHead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2012, 11:13:37 pm »

The two are not mutually exclusive.

'Also, was that just a hasty segue or and a thinly-veiled threat?' work better for you?

Wow, this thread is moving fast.  :o RAKninja - you're captain of the guard, which I normally send into battle along with the squad, so therefore, you're a soldier. You also have a small army squad at your disposal (disposal might be a poor choice of words). As to computer repair, I fear that the secrets of computer technology would soon be lost... that kind of thing requires the proper tools to create the proper tools to create the integrated circuits, and we don't have the proper tools, or the proper tools to create the other proper tools.

Corai - +1 to you for reading Spearbreakers. :D

Wierd, if Toady ever puts alchemy back in the game (which I imagine is analogous to phytochemistry), you'll probably be one of the best among us.

KodKod, you're a mason/animal trainer, given these jobs for your desire to build your own torturehouse, and of course how you're the Scorpion Queen. You need a way to tame those scorpions, right? So they don't kill us all? (not that you'd mind)

Metalhead, welcome to The Twelfth Bay. I'm your miner, as Eric Blank apparently signed off for bowyer duty, so just point at the wall somewhere and I'll carve you a room. I've done plenty of digging in "real life", so.

Question: Our clothes are going to wear out at some point. What do we do??

Thanks, just carve a random chunk out anywhere for me.  Which of my talents do we need the most right now?  I can also perform engineering- and mechanical-related work as well if needed as well as previously mentioned.  If my role will be of a more wildlife-related one, what biome are we camped out in and what's been spotted so far above- and below-ground?

(Sorry I just found the thread a bit ago and haven't had the chance to read if this has been described somewhere already.  Think of me as a moderately-skilled and versatile migrant looking for the first task I can do... and don't tell Kodkod I'm new or I'll probably be her next 'customer' :o)

Killer confectionary is one of my specialties.

Ricin red bean mochi is another fine choice, but most western children are put off by the bland rice dough, and unique texture of the red bean jam.

My years in various hives of scum and villainy on the 'Tubes must have really messed up my instinctive horror response as while I still fear to ask how you know so much on this particular subject the fact that you do isn't particularly disturbing beyond that.  Almost makes me worry.

/Back to the Topic!

RAKninja: If I get you a good crossbow you wanna ride one of my elephants? If you prefer a recon role I could try and 'persuade' the next batch of elves to donate a Giant Cheetah/Jaguar for your use instead.

Oh, don't worry roo much.  While kodkod got the much more useful education on proper wine selection and western dinner ettiquette, I got schooled on the finer points of explosives, poisons, and antidotes, the symptoms of accure radiation exposure, battlefield surgical techniques and the like.  An interest in gastronomy and cuisine is my own doing.  The natural combination of the two is a purely hypothetical method of administering said substances.  Marzipan is a fine textured almond meal, mixed with sugar. It is used as a more tasty alternative to fondant in cake making and confectionary, and is often presented coated in chocolate.

Hydrocyanic acid (cyanide) is colorless and flavorless, with a slight fragrance of bitter almonds. Adding it to the almond meal would disguise this fragrance, making it undetectable. Further overpowering the effect are the honey and toffee bits, which also excite absorption, for a fast acting killer confection.

Ricin is harder to obtain, being deadly in the microgram dosage, and all. It is odorless and flavorless in refined form.  It is naturally contained in minute concentrations in caster beans. Adding a sufficient yeild of casterbeans to the red bean (red beans are the beanlike seeds of the kudzu vine) jam will permit you to make any number of deadly confections, if properly prepared. Mochi is a traditional favorite.

That is clever, as having worked with cyanic compounds during university chem classes the first rule was always 'if you smell almonds, run like hell'.  Side benefit of ricin is that no antidote exists even if its detected.  As to culinary escapades mine mostly are based on my 'redneck' upbringing and focus on the many forms of barbecue, from basic grilling to proper marinade and baste mixes and techniques and the art of smoking.  Sure it can be a bit crude but turning a rock-solid slab of ribs into a tender plate of delectable goodness is an achievement that should not be overlooked.

And we can spend 8 hours standing around and drinking beer just to cook lunch, which is also nice.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:23:30 pm by MetalHead »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

I never said what I was good at, oh my!

I am a superb digger, but since im a kobold....just have me as kodkod someone's servant. Burrow me in there room with food and water.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 09, 2012, 11:21:33 pm »

I am a superb digger, but since im a kobold....just have me as kodkod someone's servant. Burrow me in there room with food and water.

I can make you some delicious candy!  Perhaps puff pastry with woodrose extract?

I garantee no two will ever be quite alike!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 09, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »

I can make you some delicious candy!  Perhaps puff pastry with woodrose extract?

Jumping to grab it, but unable to get to the dwarve's knee-height

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 09, 2012, 11:24:35 pm »

Hmmmm... Without a government to tell us what to do, I suppose we make our own rules. Therefore, hallucinogens aren't illegal if we don't want them to be. :P

EDIT: Ack, missed MetalHead's post. Editing now. Or I'll post again if somebody says something faster than I can type. :P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MetalHead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 09, 2012, 11:28:04 pm »

Hmmmm... Without a government to tell us what to do, I suppose we make our own rules. Therefore, hallucinogens aren't illegal if we don't want them to be. :P

EDIT: Ack, missed MetalHead's post. Editing now. Or I'll post again if somebody says something faster than I can type. :P

It's cool man, no rush.

Also if hallucinogens are allowed I call dibs on a plot just inside the wall for... rope production, that's it!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 09, 2012, 11:29:07 pm »

Might need to make due with rope reeds man. I dunno if there's any hemp here.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 09, 2012, 11:29:19 pm »

Servant for taking! CoraiUnki will work for booze and food, will stay in room, clean, and steal any and all valuables not on high shelves, requests all items be on high shelves. Will not accept torture of hallucinogenics, scorpions, knives, daggers, swords, wrestling, dogs, wolves, Forgotten beasts, !!FUN!!, or Child Training Programs.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:32:47 pm by Corai »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 214